Rally in Northwest????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rally in Northwest????

Just a thought. Is there anybody who knows anyone that could put together and host a rally here in the Northwest next summer? I don't know anything about the rallys, but sounds like they are fun. Might have to head east to go to one next year.
    The old brain is just wandering!
    Tillimook Oregon
    58.14%
    Idaho
    41.86%
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

The Detroit Lake rally was fun! Head back east for a rally? Why, I have no idea what you're talking about!

Regards,

Scott
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I'm planning to organize one in Tillamook next year so Poprock can make it. I don't know what to call it but it'll be about the same time as the Detroit Lake rally was this year.

Also I wasn't happy with the low number of roads in and out of Detroit Lake. The Oregon cost also has more services. More info to come...

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Maybe

SWMBO has been raggin' my @ss about going up there for a vacation..............

hmmmm ,2 birds-one stone?
        Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
        1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
        1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

Hey Scott

I agree the Detroit Lake rally was fun, Just thought that a larger one might be more fun. I like funcould use an excape every summer.
          1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

I like Geezer's idea about Tillamook, also if we start the ball rolling now we can get the word out to more people this time. Last time was a little short notice.

Larry
            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
            82 XJ1100
            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
            64 Yamaha YA-6
            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

I like Tillamook, but I hate traffic especially when riding in groups. I have never had a day on the coast highway where I didn't have to deal with passing motorhomes all day long. I also don't see too many road options around Tillamook compared to the Detroit area. There are a ton of really nice roads with no traffic on the east side of the Cascades and a lot of places to camp. Just a thought...
              Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
              2002 Ducati ST4S
              2012 BMW F800R
              1981 Suzuki GS450E
              1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
                I like Geezer's idea about Tillamook, also if we start the ball rolling now we can get the word out to more people this time. Last time was a little short notice.

Larry
                That's why we're starting now. We now have 11 month notice for the upcoming rally in Tillamook. I'm going to check into a place that has a covered area where we could have a tech session if it rains. Also we should be able to get the whole site so there there won't be another annoyances from other campers.

Geezer
                Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Love to tour the cheese factory,and the air museum, hate 101 traffic from Astoria south, would rather ride I 5 through Seattle during rush hour.. If you want a true northwest rally. Tillamook, like Detroit Lake, is a little out of reach for some of the members to do for a weekend trip, I would suggest, you post a survey, to find out who would like to come, and then find a central location based on the responders locations. Then set a date of no later than March first to decide on the location so anyone wishing to schedule vacation could do so in plenty of time. I know you had a good turn out from Oregon and Cal., on your last venture, but it would have been better if it had been closer to the rest of us. Another solution would be to have two rallies close enough together that we could have a one day meet and greet halfway between them, some place that's fun to ride to from both sides.
                  Fastmover
                  "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                  lion". SHL
                  78 XS1100e

Comment

Not a bad idea. It would be better to have the location voted on. I personally don't know of a good place, but i will look.
                    1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

Someone needs to post a pole first. Then we can look for a central location.
                      Fastmover
                      "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                      lion". SHL
                      78 XS1100e

Comment

Give me some ideas for the option folks.
                        1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

I would be interested in a rally or some kind of meet.
                          Tillamook would be too far for me,but maybe somewhere on the east side of the cascades would be cool.Maybe Chelan or Ellensburg or even south closer to the Oregon border.
                          80 SG XS1100
                          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

This is just one suggestion for a day ride from somewhere...

Oregon Hwy 218, Shaniko to Fossil, a 42 mile twisty with history and scenery.

http://oregonmotorcyclist.com/ridepage.php?page=hwy218

Hit refresh if the link doesn't work the first time.

Larry
                            Last edited by Yahman; 10-05-2009, 10:04 AM.
                            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
                            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
                            82 XJ1100
                            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
                            64 Yamaha YA-6
                            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
                            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Larryare you proposing a rally in Shanico? If so, do you know if there is anywhere to camp? I would love that ride myself, but i need to see how far from here Shanico is. I have been wanting to go there for quite awhile. If nothing else, maybe you, me, Ron, Terry, Tony, or whoever is local and wants to go could do it before the weather gets real bad, or wait until spring.
                              1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

Working...
                              X