Rally in Northwest????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
    Larry are you proposing a rally in Shaniko?
    No, but it would make a nice ride. The problem is where to stay? There are a number of small tent only type campgrounds in the Mt. Hood National Forest as can be found at the following link.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mthood/recre...ds/index.shtml

There's also some camps in the gorge area.

It's an interesting place to go see. Maybe a small get together and ride late next sring or summer would be cool also. Just throwing ideas out there is all.
    Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
    82 XJ1100
    80 XS1100G (Project bike)
    64 Yamaha YA-6
    77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
    See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

The idea of a poll was to see who would be interested in attending and where they are from, so we could try find a centralized location,and date, not to pick a place. As in wa407mpp-Port Townsend Wa. Available any weekend except holidays.
      Fastmover
      "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
      lion". SHL
      78 XS1100e

Comment

How many people in the seattle area?
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
        A quick death and an easy one.
        A pretty girl and an honest one.
        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

If you are talking the whole Pugent sound area from Olymipa north to Blaine and west to the Seguim, Port Angles area, I'd guess about 20-25, maybe more, it's hard to tell because not all of them are regular visiters the site.
          Fastmover
          "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
          lion". SHL
          78 XS1100e

Comment

north west rally

Hi, I'm up in Canada near Blaine WA. I'd be interested in coming along next summer. The Puget Sound area sounds good.
            Leo
            1980 XS1100 Special
            1197cc Wiseco kit
            1978 cams
            4 into 1 Jardine with glasspack
            Keihin CR33 mm carbs
            K&N individual pod filters
            TKAT fork brace

Comment

The poll

Anyone know how i change the options on the poll. I set it up, but doesn't look like i can add to it.
              1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

The problem is everyone wants the rally near them. I'm guilty of that too and I don't have more than a couple days off that time of year and I would have to skip a rally much more than 3 hours ride from where I live.

Geezer
                Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

This must be a problem at all rally's. You just can't please everyone. Initially we had talked at Detroit Lake about Tillamook, and maybe it should be left atle to come.
                  1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

I'm a slave to the motorcycle market much of the year and I can't seem to pull myself away for long when the orders are rolling in.

So until my family can run the biz without me, I don't get away very often during riding season.

Geezer
                    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Where Larry suggested is some of the best riding in the northwest.Also the weather is a bit more reliable on the east side of the cascades.I would really like to ride the coast roads but like Jeremy said we would probably be stuck behind RVRB'S(recreational vehicle road blocks)unless we scheduled rides early morning.

Terry
                      1980 special (Phyllis)
                      1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

I think i am going to plan a ride to over that way for next summer. know how far yet, but i have a while to work on it.
                        1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

I have always thought it would be great to have a rally based out of Mitchell, OR. (http://mitchelloregon.us/mitchell.html) There are a ton of great roads in the area, lots of scenic stops along the way and many geologic wonders, including the Painted Hills, etc. (http://www.paleolands.org/). There is lodging in Mitchell and they even let folks camp in the city park. Just some more thoughts...
                          Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
                          2002 Ducati ST4S
                          2012 BMW F800R
                          1981 Suzuki GS450E
                          1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy_Sells View Post
                            I have always thought it would be great to have a rally based out of Mitchell, OR. (http://mitchelloregon.us/mitchell.html) There are a ton of great roads in the area, lots of scenic stops along the way and many geologic wonders, including the Painted Hills, etc. (http://www.paleolands.org/). There is lodging in Mitchell and they even let folks camp in the city park. Just some more thoughts...

Now that's what I'm talking about, it's almost like stepping back in time there. There is really a lot to see and do, a person could spend days there and probably not cover it all. Mitchell, OR. sounds like the perfect base location for seeing that area of the state.

Larry
                            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
                            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
                            82 XJ1100
                            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
                            64 Yamaha YA-6
                            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
                            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

How many days? It does sound good. When is it warm enough over there. I don't want to fight cold, ice, snow, etc. Ya i know i am a wenie. LOL
                              1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

Hmmm. Mitchell Oregon is 1383 km's from here one way and is like a 17 hr trip done non-stop. Methinks I would have to trailer my ride or have a few butt transplants done. Gotta try to make one of these runs tho.
                                2-79 XS1100 SF
                                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
                                X