Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost in Da UP 2015 (Upper Peninsula, Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought about it, then I'm like "I'll remember it, and nobody else will care." That road Erik and I were on was definitely GoPro-worthy.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Almost made it home, 15 miles to go then this.

Got russ on the way with his trailer. I was close. Damn
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Whatever parts you need Harry, let me know, and I'll ship them to you in the morning.

That very same thing happened to me. Loose timing plate bolt. Everything should be okay, with the exception of a possible bent plate or bolt. The advance probs fell out of the slot.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Took the cover off and the bolt that holds the timing plate on had come loose and its threads were all buggered up. managed to tighten that bolt for the timing plate back up but she still won't start. Not sure what all I damaged.
          Harry

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

The bolt and or plate seem a little bent. And thanks ian, will let you know . Much appreciated.
            Harry

'79 Standard
            '82 XJ1100
            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

That sucks! Yea for Russ coming to rescue you and your not far from home.
              XJ1100 Ruby Red
              XS1100LH "Midnight"
              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Thanks Arlan, Would a made it home had I not stopped at one of my clients. Probably anyway. It was still a fun trip. I think she's just still pissed at me for putting her in time out after I wrecked. Lol. Could be a lot worse. Could be a thousand miles from home right now.
                Harry

'79 Standard
                '82 XJ1100
                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Hey Harry- It won't start because your advance came out of tge slot. Take the wheel back off, and make sure the back of it is sitting in the slot.
                  1979 XS1100F

Comment

Bike made it onto the trailer and off to kansas with Russ after he dropped me and my gear off. Ian, it looked like it was seated correctly, Russ was thinking it might have knocked the timing way out or something. He will get it on his lift and we will tear into it on Saturday.
                    Harry

'79 Standard
                    '82 XJ1100
                    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Well, I'll be pulling my '79 plate, advance and vacuum pod off, plus I may have an extra ignition cover. The advance is modified, so u probs won't want that (or maybe u do to win the race next time)
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        Well, I'll be pulling my '79 plate, advance and vacuum pod off, plus I may have an extra ignition cover. The advance is modified, so u probs won't want that (or maybe u do to win the race next time)
                        ummmm, is your memory slipping too? Pretty sure you admitted defeat. lol
                        I guess we need a rematch. I will pull my heavy tank bag and saddlebags off and you can run without a broken frame with the turnsignal flying around back there. lol
                        Harry

'79 Standard
                        '82 XJ1100
                        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

LMFAOOOOO!!! That provided a hearty laugh! They're fun bikes. Horseplaying on the roads could get us into trouble. For anyone reading this, save the racing for the track (legal disclaimer).
                          1979 XS1100F

Comment

Yeah, we would never race. we were just ummmm.... testing to see how accurate my stock speedo was compared to your digital one above 120mph. yeah, thats my story and i'm sticking to it.
                            Harry

'79 Standard
                            '82 XJ1100
                            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ha.......you weren't racing. Ian was sitting on the side of the road.

Glad you made it home safe Harry. I think you're right, the bitch is pissed at you.

May have been part of the original idle issue.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Dang, Harry! Tough break!

Look at it like this: you could have been at 14,100' altitude, 32 degrees and rain at 4:00pm, no cell service, no available wrecker for 5 hours, and only Greg to come to your rescue by towing you 6 miles down a mountain, in the dark...with a ratcheting tie-down strap and his XS!

I think you need to ease up on the wheelies, myself.
                                These old bikes are middle-aged now, ya know?

LOL
                                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                                X