Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost in Da UP 2015 (Upper Peninsula, Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21st century tech

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
    Do you think that would be enough? Brent gets on here once in a while, but he's not wasting time with this 21st century technology.
    My cell phone broke. I have lost a few numbers. I got a new cell phone today. It is the same # (770)3six3-9036 and works. I plan to carry it on this trip, but generally do not carry it.

Marty's communication is best; Call my home # (770) 982-47one5, talk, listen, then knock on my front door... I plan to go to Bob's in Ely, Iowa thursday night, then head up from there to Houghton Friday. (Bob has a good excuse for missing this rally and will not be attending this year.)

Call me
    Brent in GA
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Count me in

I will be making this trip.
      Looking forward to meeting more of the XS bunch.
      Expect me around 6pm friday night.
      '82 xj1100 17k miles
      '82 XJ1100 30k miles
      '82 XJ1100 90k miles <stuck in 2nd gear>

Comment

Just gotta make a trip to Wally World for a quart of oil and new flat tire repair kit, and I'm all packed. Backpack will weigh a ton, but it gives me peace of mind knowing I am prepared for anything with the exception of catastrophic failure of something mechanical.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Bigfoot, trbig and I are sippi,g coffee at cruisers place in Winona, mn. Well be taking off here shortly. Gonna spend some time explorioring.

See y'all tomorrow.
          Last edited by BA80; 08-13-2015, 07:04 AM.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I have arrived. Room 111. Cell 970.309.2226.
            Have the Concours (covered right now, black and silver) parked out front my door.

Jerry
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

See yah tomorrow Jerry.
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Cruiser, Bigfoot, trbig and I are spending the night here in Mercer, Wi at Eunica's Beaver Lodge. See y'all tomorrow.

This place here in Mercer would be a great place to host a rally BTW.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Had a great ride today around the keweenaw peninsula with erik leading the way. some very nice roads that we got to run at a brisk pace . Fun times with good friends, cant ask for more.

and great beer, can't forget that
                  Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                  '82 XJ1100
                  '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Copper Harbor

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Just got home 1/2 an hour ago. Thanks everybody for making the trip to 'da UP. I had a teriffic time with you guys and look forward to the next time we get to hang out. It was great seeing old friends and just as great making new ones. I'll post some pics later this week as I get some extra time. Thanks again, and safe travels home to you all. What an awesome time it was!!
                      -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                      '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
                      ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Thanks for the great time Eric. Good to hear you made it home safe.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                          Had a great ride today around the keweenaw peninsula with erik leading the way. some very nice roads that we got to run at a brisk pace . Fun times with good friends, cant ask for more.

and great beer, can't forget that
                          Hi Harry,
                          Great to hear you are riding again. Wish I had been able to make this rally. Looking forward to seeing los of pictures. Yours and others.
                          Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Home Sweet Home! I parted ways with "Erik" in Gaylord @ 7pm. Filled-up, then had one more fuel stop before I got here. Something worth noting, Erik and I headed East on a section of road that woulda had u guys begging to run more than once. He'll fill u in on it, but I can tell you the roads we rode-on in the Keewanaw do not come anything close to these switchbacks and curves! A mini-Dragon so-to-speak. I'll wait on pics till everyone has their's up, as I know many of us took similar pics.

Overall, a great ride. Erik was an awesome tour guide! A great bunch of guys that I'm honored to ride with! Thanks again for a great trip everyone!
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

Left Houghton at 6am with Cruiser and Strabo. They both went their separate ways.

I'm in des Moines having a cup of coffee. Was falling asleep in my helmet.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Sitting here in Crandon, Wisconsin, with Harry, refreshing drinks and aunt cooking us pasties for us. Headed to Bob's for a visit tomorrow in Iowa. No rush to get back to work...
                                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                                '06 Suzuki DR650
                                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                                '81 XS1100 Special
                                '81 YZ250
                                '80 XS850 Special
                                '80 XR100
                                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Working...
                                X