Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost in Da UP 2015 (Upper Peninsula, Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cruiser View Post
    I'm planning to be there Erik. I'd like to
    partake in some of that Widowmaker Ale
    this time Tod.
    I hope they make enough for you, Tod and I. lol
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

There's always the option of everyone heading out to the Gay bar as well.. lol.
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
        There's always the option of everyone heading out to the Gay bar as well.. lol.
        I'm out......
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          I'm out......
          Well I am glad you are finally comfortable to come out and be honest with us all greg! We all knew it for a long time and just didn't want to push you.

Sorry, that was just too easy!
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
            Well I am glad you are finally comfortable to come out and be honest with us all greg! We all knew it for a long time and just didn't want to push you.

Sorry, that was just too easy!
            Lol, saw that coming . . .
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

hmmm,

Harry

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Tod and Harry probably walked in hand in hand.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

What happens in the Gay bar stays in the Gay bar.
                  Harry

'79 Standard
                  '82 XJ1100
                  '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I may try to make this one. Have family in central Wisconsin and have not seen them for a year, make the trip double-duty. Have not been in the UP for some time and would enjoy the visit.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100
                      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

There's a pretty good chance that we'll be going through Gay; the east coast of the Keweenaw Peninsula is a good ride too. I just need to figure out timing with food & fuel stops. I was actually thinking about stopping there for lunch. Again, will depend on timing.

Jerry, it'd be great to have you make the trip. I'm pretty stoked for this one. I haven't been in the UP in two years and that's been too long.
                        -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                        '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
                        ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

plan to attend

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          Arlan, you only needed to say it once. Excited?

Sounds like Tod, Bob, Harry and I so far. We'll see who else will man up. I'll bet Brent will. He's got a new black Hardley.
                          Yes, I am planning to attend. Time away is approved, so NOW it is a pretty sure bet. I am so looking forward to seeing Y'all & rally in UP...Talking up thimble berry jam...

Ride when you can,
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Hey Brent! Good to hear from you my friend.

Hope all is good in your world.

Maybe we can meet up somewhere on the way. Bob's? Not sure what route you'll take from GA.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Also planning to attend, although I'll be trailering the bike instead of riding all the way. No camping this trip, reservation has been made. Arrive on 13th, depart on 17th. Will be stopping in central Wisconsin to see my mother on way home, perhaps Chicago to see one of my sisters as well. It will be a multi-purpose trip. SWMBO wants me out of the house for a week or two...

You guys want a basic web page for this? I can put one up on my site as I have done for a few other rallies.
                              Jerry Fields
                              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                              '06 Concours
                              My Galleries Page.
                              My Blog Page.
                              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Jerry, I may take you up on the offer. I'll shoot you a PM here shortly.

Just a reminder, the motel will probably start filling up soon. So if you know you're coming for sure, might want to make a reservation. I just talked to them and they said as of right now there are 6 rooms with 2 beds and maybe 8 that are single bed. But they charge by the room, so # of people in a room is up to you. Julie's Motor Inn is (906) 482-5351.

Also, If you plan on coming and haven't done so already, please post so I can get a good count for grilling burgers/brats on Friday (8/14) and calling ahead to restaurants & stuff. Thanks in advance.

-Erik
                                -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                                '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
                                ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X