No announcement yet.

One guy gets it... (Political)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet you didn't know that a supervisor in the purchasing dept. at GM Arlington and a sales supervisor at my company made up fake service tickets for the plant and took the money at GM's expense. They "laundered" over $200,000 and split it between them. Neither was fired, only moved to different positions were "they couldn't touch money". Sounds like a good deal for the government to payoff some of that corrupt debt and whatever other mismanagement. I have worked many hours at the GM Arlington plant and many other union employed facilities and the only one that stood out as a well oiled machine was the Peterbilt plant in Denton, Texas. Sure there are employees that did work at the other places but let's just say that the majority did not. Just my observations after working 10 years at my company and seeing the behind the scenes of other facilities. Trust me, my company is very, very poorly managed too, anyone remember Dennis Kozlowski? That's the company I work for.
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

here were i live we had a company call bethlehem steel. had over 30,000 people working, my grandfather retire and my uncle. now it is all gone. biggest steel maker in the usa. gone.
      80 xs1100G

Comment

Some FINAL WORDS.

Originally posted by Dsxs11 View Post
        Yeah I walk up to my supervisor everyday and say ****you he replies in kind then I buy coffee. If you think I care if I get banned over hurting your feelings your SADLY mistaken.

I mean come on the managment of this board has turned it into a what tires what oil and ATGATT threads with no real answers anymore. I assume at some point it will be use the search function we can't be bothered. If it makes you feel like a man to edit a post and ban me feel free.
        Dear Dsxs11,

First, my condolences with regards to the personal situation you are in, your job, the Auto Makers, US govt., etc.!! I can understand your angst and frustration, and the need to VENT to anyone who is willing to listen.

Secondly, a brief explanation about this website. It was created and is still owned by the Webmaster, who set up the guidelines for its use, as a place for information exchange, to be able to find/sell parts/bikes, and also for a place to chat about things other than bikes, oil, tires, hence the Member's Lounge. But it was the Webmaster's wish that these "chats" be done in a civil toned, mannered and courteous way, without making personal attacks on the members. Politics and religion are 2 very volatile topics, but are still happily accepted and encouraged as topics for "Intelligent and Courteous DISCUSSIONS", but when they break down into personal attacks against other members character, intelligence, etc., that is where the line is drawn.

Regrettably, you have crossed that line a few times in this thread, however due to the concern of the Moderators for the well being of the site, and in trying to maintain a civil tone to this thread, a couple of your less than proper comments were editted/deleted, so that the membership would not be offended, but in so doing, the EVIDENCE was also removed from public scrutiny.

In your anger, you also lashed out at at least one (that I know of) of the Moderators(Prom) with a personal character attack in a PM. A discussion in the ADMIN section regarding your recent actions is currently underway. I have posted that I can "sorta" see your side of things in your personal situation, and can understand your anger, frustration, etc.. I also stated that these circumstances do NOT justify your otherwise rude and improper behavior, but felt that a FINAL PUBLIC warning if you want to call it that, would be given/posted, just to let you and the membership know that although we feel your pain, that your CHOICE of how you wanted to post it would determine your status here at Channel 11.

Some of your more recent replies/posts in this thread have been on a more factual, or even opinion based style, without any personal attacks towards the membership/Moderators, and so I am hoping that you are coming to realize that you CAN have an energetic debate without resorting to bullying tactics? The ball is in your court. I'm not expecting or asking for any apologies to those that you have offended....but would be a step in the right direction...even just privately in a PM to them. But aside from that, it is my hope that you will conduct yourself and your posts and replies in accordance with the guidelines and spirit of this website.
        Sincerely,
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

?

Are we really blaming Obama already? The man isn't even in office and you are blamng him for this mess?

Does not the current administration deserve any blame?

Wow, quit drinking the Kool aid...
          Gone but never Forgotten:
          1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
          2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
          2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I work for a company where we make metal framed stressed fabric buildings, they range in size from small ampitheaters to our current project which is a building 400x1000 feet and millions of tons of steel.

Our parent company is in Minnesota, while we are in Florida.

After our current job is complete we have no more contracts currently signed.

The CEO at our plant invited the CEO of our parent Company down to go to our Christmas lunch yesterday (I would call it a Christmas party but this year it was a lunch...then back to the job).

We have no union, our pay rates range from $9 an hour to $19 an hour, and a lot of our work requires a high skill level...easily in the range of what a skilled union metal worker does for a lot more pay.

No raises for most workers, and no bonuses this year..yet almost all of us feel fortunate to just have a job. I got a $.60 an hour raise and felt fortunate to be among those who got anything extra.

Here's what has everyone ticked off...they flew that CEO down first class and drove him a bunch of miles to the lunch via stretch limo (which waited in the parking lot several hours until he left).

The CEO of the plant did a presentation called: "Is the glass half empty or half full?" It was supposed to raise our morale about the pay sacrifices we've made, and make us feel fortunate to have a job..(we already felt that way).
            The parent company CEO then stood up and talked for about a minute, then promptly went back to Minnesota via limo and 1st class air (we went back to work).

Thing that pissed us off is that we know both of these CEOs got bonuses this year...no sacrifices for them...and it's too bad they didn't take the cost of that CEO showing up at the plant for no good reason and split it among the workers here as a small Christmas bonus for those who have been making sacrifices for the benefit of the company.

The workers feel the pain...but for the top echelon it's business as usual. This is the mindset that is destroying our country..in my opinion.
            Last edited by Guy_b_g; 12-20-2008, 08:09 AM. Reason: spelling
            Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Originally posted by skippy344 View Post
              Are we really blaming Obama already? The man isn't even in office and you are blamng him for this mess?

Does not the current administration deserve any blame?

Wow, quit drinking the Kool aid...
              To which post are you referring?I didnt see any references to blaming Obama...so what are you drinking?
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It's amazing how politics here can get so out of control. I can understand his frustration he must be having. Hopefully things will get better for him. May not be anytime soon. I know this is hurting alot of familys out there because of our economy. I don't mean to add but I really think you can't blame just anyone person here in the U.S. In my opinion I have to blame everyone including myself for not being more involved with our country. There have been things passed that alot of Americans don't approve of but we let it happen. No one can say being united we stand means we fail. We fail because we allow things to happen. Just like money. We all like to have pay raise's when there due. But no one ever say's you know I make enough lets give it to someone who needs it more. It's up to the person themselfs for what they want.

If anyone wants to change things then go out and do it. Just as long as your trying for the people and not yourself. We have enough of those already.

All those ceo's that make that much money needs to be cut down some. How are they ever going to spend that much money. Maybe cause I'm poor to their standards to never see how myself. I'd be set with 22 million. I'd invest into myself with that kind of money.

I could go on and on just like others here. Some more then others. It's a shame that things has come this far. Wasn't it about this time last year we went through this? Seems like it.

I'd say politics here at channel 11 should not be allowed. Things get said that could be better said without insults or threats. Were all supose to be here willing to help one another and anyone who needs some advice. Maybe things can get back on track and we can be a big happy family again

I'm a big star trek fan, and if things were like the tv show about not having to worry about money or food or living that we lived to improve ourselfs. That would be great. I needed to be born in the 24 century. Maybe things will be like that in the future. Maybe not. But I sure hope so.

Peace!
                Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
                87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
                93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
                71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
                69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

I'd say politics here at channel 11 should not be allowed.
                  Well... I'll start the fighting right now.. AGAINST censorship!

I enjoy coming on here and being able to chat about anything. 99.9% of the people do it in a sensible family oriented way. Every now and then, tempers flare.. just like they do in any big happy family. It wouldn't be fair to censor everyone else due to a couple outbursts. When tempers flare a bit, it shows people ARE passionate about something. I like hearing passionate peoples' views.... even if they don't agree with mine, which makes them wrong!

Just my opinion...

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I agree with Tod ...how else do we learn of different perspectives without healthy debate?It can and usually is done in a manner befitting of the forum rules and etiquette.As I said earlier to one person...as long as you can state your case in a halfway intelligent manner then do state your case.This one person since he has been here has expressed his rather belligerant,unrepentant attitude.The die has been cast and dont expect him to change.I may be 56 years old and unemployed but I am alot more respectful and mature than this "person" will ever be or care to be. The fact that he has to resort to character asassination is indicative of his lack of imagination and above all lack of maturity.So if he is banned then the rest of us will surely not miss him.And Ch.11 will be a better place for it.Y'all have a Merry Christmas...or whatever
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by Guy_b_g View Post
                      After our current job is complete we have no more contracts currently signed.

--snip--

We have no union, our pay rates range from $9 an hour to $19 an hour, and a lot of our work requires a high skill level...easily in the range of what a skilled union metal worker does for a lot more pay.

No raises for most workers, and no bonuses this year..yet almost all of us feel fortunate to just have a job. I got a $.60 an hour raise and felt fortunate to be among those who got anything extra.

--snip--

Thing that pissed us off is that we know both of these CEOs got bonuses this year...no sacrifices for them...and it's too bad they didn't take the cost of that CEO showing up at the plant for no good reason and split it among the workers here as a small Christmas bonus for those who have been making sacrifices for the benefit of the company.

The workers feel the pain...but for the top echelon it's business as usual. This is the mindset that is destroying our country..in my opinion.
                      I am in the same situation.

Our shop floor people get paid from 10 to 15 an hour doing jobs that get paid a minimum of 32 an hour at the big aircraft plants.

We won't get any bonuses this year, not even a "Merry Christmas" card.

But the boss got a new hot tub for himself, the old one was sitting in the shop Thursday. Apparently the new one is bigger than the old, and the old one was 15 x 15, pretty much a heated above ground pool.

We are on three days a week because the union at Boeing decided to ask for a pay raise at the beginning of the economic crash, and the effect of the ensuing strike trickled down to the small shops that supply them. We are all greatful to have a job rught now. My Department went from 22 people in April working 60-70 hours a week, to six people working 24 hours a week.

Right now, I am having to get very creative for six kids to have Christmas presents, since the averavge toy price has shot up to $50, for anything decent. We have tried to shop Goodwill for clothes, but there are very few. We are buying meat directly from the packing plant via a personal favor from a friend, and cutting out everything extra from the budget, just to make bills. All this is a direct effect of some group of rivet drivers who are pissed because the union contract only allows them three different healthcare choices, and they only get 6 COLA raises a year, only 4 reviews that have a minimum of .60c raise, and their starting wage is a measly $32 for doing work that a four year old could do in his sleep.

I, for one, have no sorrow for anyone who is in a union and complains about their working conditions, especially if that union is at Boeing.
                      Last edited by Ivan; 12-20-2008, 10:20 AM.
                      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

An interesting note

I’m starting to think that top Executives giving up there bonuses are a really good thing.

New York lost $178 million in income tax revenue form just 6 Goldman Sach’s executives giving up there bonuses.

Another way of looking at this is that by giving up there bonuses they kept the government form getting there greedy hands on more money.
                        Stop bitching, just ride!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tmworks View Post
                          Another way of looking at this is that by giving up there bonuses they kept the government form getting there greedy hands on more money.
                          They WILL find a way!
                          http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Here locally we had Hershey chocolate close their plant (Oakdale, CA) and move it's operations to Mexico. About the same time the hospital I worked at (a major employer in our county) had the SEIU union move in. Because of the union, I lost my job.
                            I have my new job driving a truck and I make a lot more money. Sadly I'm away from my family a lot. And, I really liked my job at the hospital.
                            I was at the hospital for a year after the union got in. The only benefit I saw with the union is it enabled the slackers. Previous raises were tied to performance evaluations. That was deemed "unfair" so after that you got the same %pay increase if you did a good job or goofed-off all the time. You could no longer be reprimanded for doing sub-par work. One employee was caught deficating in the elevator. He was fired. A year later the hospital was forced to rehire him through pressure from the union.
                            I have no use for unions and I will always vote and voice my opion against unions.
                            Pat Kelly
                            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Maybe ol Ronnie Stinkyfingers will let the laidoff workers hang out at his golf course, while they try to figure out how they spent $330 Millions of $327Millions in union dues.

XS1100SF
                              XS1100F

Comment

What Chutzpah!

Not much one can say in defense of the UAW...seems to me they are a part of the problem...not part of the solution.
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X