2019 Colorado Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, was a duplicate post.
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-19-2019, 08:37 AM.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Great Rally Again

THanks to all who showed up in XS1100, Kawi rockets, Yammie fjr, Honda VTX, Kawi Concours, HOnda Magna,,,etc,,,all share the connection with Xs1100 models and biking in general. A great bunch of guys, so for those of you who made it, you know the satisfaction,,,for those that didn't, you need to attend these rallies for a great time...also masterminded and led by the famous Bonz. Heck even El Toro made a guest appearance for the campground kids. We had a group from a lot of states, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri, California......Ride on,,,,,Mike and Roo from California
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
        I had to leave Sunday as I had to be home Monday AM for a call with a mortgage broker then back to work so missed the Mesa Verde segment. (snip)

It looks like I will be leaving Colorado for Iowa if our house buying deal goes through. Move (and retirement) would be sometime after closing on September 30th. This would result in me going more east for rallies and such rather than west, but the future remains open. We are keeping our Colorado lot located in Park County and not far from Hwy 285 and Fairplay.
        Jerry, We have attended many rallies and rides together. You are going to love retirement. I wish you well.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
        03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

• Hey Sid, I hope next year you may be able to join us again! Gonna miss Jerry if this truly was his last one.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• I am looking forward to it. Too many medical things this year.
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
            03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

• Nice to hear Sid, hope the medical things are working out for the better.
              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Once again sounds like a good time was had by all. I really must try harder next year to attend. Looks like loads of fun.
                It is a long way from where I live so will take some organization on my part.
                To Bonz and the attendees thanks for all the posts leading up to the rally and reports during and after.

Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Gallery ready

I have put together a gallery of my photos. Link is:

Durango-2019

You will note a link to a video clip (duration: 4:15) at the bottom of the page but I made the mistake of saving the file(s) in a high-resolution format and the buffering is terrible. Lots of starts and stops unless you have a VERY fast internet connection. I will have to re-save the files in a lower resolution so they will stream better. Give me a couple days to get that done.

(Files are saved in both .mp4 and .webm for browser compatibility.)

Link to my Galleries page is in my signature as well. f you use that link look for "Durango 2019" in the Motorcycle Rallies section.

Still have to get Georgia and Gunnison rallies done. I am way behind on some projects.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.

Comment

• I re-saved the video in 720p, down from 1080p, and changed the compression from High to Medium. This resulted in lower file sizes and the video now plays with fewer stops to buffer. I don't use a special hosting site for videos; they are on my regular web page server and the download performance is a bit lacking. Hope you enjoy the gallery and video clip.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.

Comment

• Thanks for posting those pictures Jerry! I know lots of guys got lots of good ones, it's great to have those to secure the memories for all.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Hey Greg how did your trip North go? I would gather you are back in OK now?
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Just posted some pics from the rally and the road up into Montana in Ride Reports. Had a GREAT time. Glad I did it.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Hey Greg, I am just a lurker since I didn't attend, but I would like to see the pix. Where did you post them?
                            Skids (Sid Hansen)

03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

• Originally posted by skids View Post
                              Hey Greg, I am just a lurker since I didn't attend, but I would like to see the pix. Where did you post them?
                              In Ride Reports; My summer vacation
                              http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47663

Scroll down until you find the post with all the links'

Phil
                              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Been a while since anybody's checked in here! Keep your eyes open sometime around or shortly after Thanksgiving... 😊
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X