X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Maybe John will ride his from TX?

Jeff

ps. MaximPhil, any chance your Addie could make the CO trip? That would be a hoot ……..
    His brakes don't work on The Navy Bike. Might need to ride down and give him a hand.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Is that brake malfunction the same one he had riding home from the rally three years ago in Canon City?

Would be great to have him back on board.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Hey Greg,
        I just heard that Cliff Taylor, the guy in Skiatook that's owned Taylor Motors
        forever, is going out of the car business and going into the oil business.

On Dec. 6th starting @ 8:57am @ his car lot, 2100 W. Rogers, he's selling EVERYTHING. An ENTIRE page full of stuff. They also had an auto repair shop
        in back. Selling ALL the shop stuff.

2 things listed that caught my attention:
        1) a motorcycle lift.
        2) a 1980s Yamaha XS11... as is.

Might be worth checking out?

What would really be cool is if the bike turned out to be my Maxim!
        I figured I'd see that bike often on main street after I sold it to a guy that lived here, but never saw it again...?

Selling cars, trucks, vans, SUV's, other motorcycles, boats... lists 100 new Flowmaster mufflers and new tailpipes, a John Deere ZTR mower, welders, compressors, just about everything you can imagine.

Bob
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Colo. Rally 19'

HOwdy fellow xs'rs, this site had me going crazy,,,not able to log on or post, but hope this works after plugging away ,,,anyway, I plan on being at the rally with others I can ride out with from Cali., hope all is well with you guys and the famous Bonz can rally the herd to Colo. for another memorable hangout and ride.......Mike in Sun Diego
          mike
          1982 xj1100 maxim
          1981 venture bagger
          1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
          1959 wife

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
            If I mumble something about being interested I'll get notices of updates to this thread Maybe 2019 will be the year to Go West (old) Man

Phil
            Same here Phil.
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

Hopefully there will be no interferences for me this next rally and I can be there!
              Missing 2 years in a row stinks!

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Looking forward to having you back out year is well Bob!

Nice to see a couple regulars on the forum but not regulars to the rally are giving it a thought already.
                Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Bonz,
                  Save your pennies now...
                  You gotta get that new Cardo PT Bold!
                  The new digital format works a lot better.
                  Once paired, they automatically reconnect every time.
                  4 in a group can extend talk range up to 3 miles line of sight!
                  Makes a big group ride a whole lot better.

A buddy and I decided to try a set. My 2 yr. old PT always gave me troubles.
                  He was still using the G9X.

I was skeptical the new Bold would be any better, but it is.
                  Save up now so we can both have one for the rally.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Will do, in that amount of time there could be another version come out that’s even better.

Definitely won’t be a lot of line of sight front to back as usual on most of the roads.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

All Bob does is bitch about how all his fancy electronics don't work right when we go on trips. LOL
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

LOL... no fancy electronics the past few years without Bob. Harry and Russ might have been using some communication when they pulled the synchronized FJR fly-by when it cleared up for a short while on the way back from Sunday’s sun/rain/snow/hail ride.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          All Bob does is bitch about how all his fancy electronics don't work right when we go on trips. LOL
                          This says the guy who almost daily posts complaints about FB or his laptop not working right... right?

Hey, at least I don't leave my credit card at gas stops, then remember I did when we're all 50 miles away and have to go back...

Or... take the lead away from me on a trip when I'm going 70, knowing your tank holds less than 4 gallons, to run 80+. Then runs out at 82 miles...

I could go on... but won't. After all, the score's now 3-1 my favor.
                          And... I like Greg!

Good times, huh??

Sounds like he's just jealous...

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

I'll be there, camping. Either weekend would work for me.

Just a few random comments I'll throw in here. Not necessarily directly related, though.

Due to a major price increase on the service that hosted my galleries, including all the XS 11 rallies I have been to over the years, I have re-done my galleries page, moving all the files off the old service and onto my web hosting service. This means that if any of you have looked at these collections in the past, the old links will not work as I drop them off the old service. You would need to go to my web site, http://www.appleattic.net/Galleries (or http://www.appleattic.com/Galleries) to view them.

Along the same lines, I am working on a gallery for the 2018 Colorado rally and would like permission to use photos some of you took during the rally. I didn't take many. JeffH and others, how about it? Can I use some of your photos? I would appreciate it and you would get credit in the captions.
                            Jerry Fields
                            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                            '06 Concours
                            My Galleries Page.
                            My Blog Page.
                            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

As for my Pics, please have at it. No problem. As you know, I usually take a lot.
                              Also glad to hear your galleries will still be available. It is a very nice varied collection of pics I always enjoy looking at.

In fact working on an 11 today. Carbs off, Exhaust off, Advancer off. It doesn't seem to want to fire

Jeff
                              Last edited by JeffH; 12-17-2018, 01:23 PM.
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                                As for my Pics, please have at it. No problem. As you know, I usually take a lot.
                                Also glad to hear your galleries will still be available. It is a very nice varied collection of pics I always enjoy looking at.

In fact working on an 11 today. Carbs off, Exhaust off, Advancer off. It doesn't seem to want to fire

Jeff
                                Hi Jeff, with all that OFF of course it won't work A good clean and put it back together. Remember your carbs may have an electrical problem so clean the grounds too. I hope it is something simple and you get it fixed and running soon.
                                Phil
                                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                                X