Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Wow John! Sorry to hear ya had trouble, but glad you made it home safe!

Bohn's electrical system completely fried today...
    Scott and I tried our best to repair it, found lots of burned connectors, one wire burned completely in two at the connector...

We cut out the bad connector and respliced them, had the seat, tank, side covers, and fuse panel plate all off, then rechecked... still no luck.
    After some ohming out of the wires coming from the stator, we determined all 3 wires show problems. We believe there's something in the harness that we can't see that's shorted. This is like the 4th time or so this has happened to him.

Fortunately, with disconnecting the headlight, he was able to make it back to the motel. Good thing we have the truck and trailer!

We figured out a plan so he and Jennifer won't miss out on Pike's Peak tomorrow. She'll ride with me, and Bohn, Bart, and Natasha will drive over, and take the tram up to the top. They have tickets, and Bohn will be on standby.

Hopefully, all will work out ok.

Thanks for letting us know you made it safely, John. It was great to get to see ya again and ride together some more.
    Take care, and hope to see you again soon, bro.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• jwhughes3
    replied
    Home safe!

Just pulled in about midnight local. About 900+ miles and 16hrs on the nose. Was on target for 13 hrs and 300 miles from home in Nowhere, West Texas I hit a big bump and the right front caliper line bent one too many times and began squishing Dot 4 out immediately. Lost 2 hours trying to figure out how to fix it since my spare brake line is in my kit of parts for next trip. I wound up removing it and cutting in half, plugged with a screw and clamped with safety wire then folded it again and wired that. It still seeped a tiny bit when squeezed hard, but good for an emergency pull or two. I rode like a Harley bobber - downshift and back brake only. Had to slow down for deer and lost more time. Fun times!

John

Leave a comment:

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Bohn and I decided this one was a keeper...

Pictured, left to right...
    Howard Bonser, (aka Bonz - 6'11" tall)
    Jennifer, (Bohn's daughter- 5'2" tall)
    Miles Baker, (6'5" tall.)

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    BTW, for C.Bug and Ty who are coming back through G.Junction to Salt Lake, if either bike gives you a 'broke down issue' on the road, call me and I'll be more than happy to run my diesel F-350 and trailer Canon City direction and haul either scoot to here in G. Junction or to Salt Lake City!.

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
    Brant,
    This bunch wouldn't be the same without you. Give your peach a greeting from The Peach State!
    Thanks Marty......I DO try to keep the curve balls thrown.........and the greeting got thrown back to ya'.

Leave a comment:

• jetmechmarty
    replied
    Brant,
    This bunch wouldn't be the same without you. Give your peach a greeting from The Peach State!

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Anita and I sure appreciated and enjoyed hangin' out at the campground /fri. evening after we ate dinner with all the group! Super great bunch of XSer's.
    Her and I did the motel thing in town Fri. nite and ate breakfast with them all Sat. morning. Hit the road in the cage(Escape) back home at 9:15a.m. Got home at 1:45p.m.
    Again, always a great bunch of guys, and made Anita and I feel more than welcome, even though we were rollin' in the cage! It's about the group and friends that the XS 11 and XJ's had brought together over the yrs., whether it be on two wheels or 'caged' on four.

Leave a comment:

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    On Friday afternoon, Bohn, his daughter Jennifer, and I went on the Royal Gorge railway (2 hour train ride along the bottom of the gorge along the Arkansas River.)

Friday sunset at Echo Canyon Campground.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Meet and greet.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Almost everybody here. Bonz waiting to hear from a few. Greg & Harry arrived mid-afternoon as they had planned. Tents setup. Run for ice and water and drinks and snacks completed (joes truck). A few rode down to Royal Gorge to check that out.

Nice day like sunny 93. Some wind but that stopped a few hours ago. Should cool off nicely tonight.
    So 2016 CO XS Rally has begun.

the Echo Canyon XSives

Leave a comment:

• rdmcguy
    replied
    Good morning all

Nice to see the updates and to hear (mostly ) good news , I will be more than happy to loan Roo one of my spare bikes if needed , Seeing as he was the only one brave enough to try El Toro at the last rally , he can choose which one to ride , Loading up in a few minutes to meet with Howard and Cz, Scott and I will be rolling in about 11 am ....See ya then

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Joe, if your haulin' a couple bikes or so, Roo, at this point has rented a car and ask me to find if you were maybe bringing a couple extra bikes. Roo just hopin' he had something to ride at the rally.
    They got Roo's bike hauled to a local shop there in Beaver, Utah. Pulled sidecover where oil pump assembly is(gear runs off the clutch assembly gear) and found the shaft mount portion stripped out. Shop told him they can easily weld that portion permanently. Roo has a pump assembly being shipped overnite, and hoping it all will work once they do the mod. to it. If the fix is lookin' iffy, he'll just leave the bike there and drive the rental following Mike tomorrow(could possibly be Sat. for them to get to rally).
    Anyways, Roo is gonna stay in cell contact with me tomorrow for any update news of his situation, and I'll just pass it forward from here.......or just give Joe, Howard or Scott a call as to his progress.
    Be safe all, and will see you tomorrow afternoon with C.Bug and Tcoop(Ty) in follow!.

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Great updates fellows, we have our own "Sturgis convergane" going on with everyone making their way out. Thanks to all of YOU guys for the time and effort to be a part of the rally!

Just took the ZRX for a fully loaded shake-down ride, ready to roll when Joe, Scott and CZ meet at my place tomorrow a.m.. Scott, CZ and I will ride down with Joe riding "biotch" in the truck hauling down his cool bikes and campground stuff. Thanks Joe for that!

Mike and Roo, hoping for the best to get rolling again. Keep us posted.
    Last edited by Bonz; 07-14-2016, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Fixin' to go to bed here in Wichita. Ivan is a great host.

Harry and I will be taking off early in the am. We should be rolling in Cañón City around mid afternoon

Leave a comment:

• skids
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
    I am in Pueblo. Just heard from JeffH. He should arrive by 1630. His Super8 room is paid so the extra bed I have at the Hampton Inn is free to any taker. I dont think Greg & Harry will make Pueblo tonight but y'all can fight over it if you do!

John
    Pueblo is one of the hottest cities along the front range. The hotel thing is a good idea for someone that needs it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X