Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jwhughes3
    replied
    Here is the group of bikes at Joe's place in Aurora and Scott is working on an electrical issue.

And Joe on "El Toro" getting ready to load it up.

I headed down alone to Pueblo to meet up with Jeff but while waiting tooled around and found an odd statue of Martin Luther King Jr in a vacant lot.

The head is disproportionately large, and it took the artist years to get paid because of it.

Jeff finally beat the weather to Pueblo and we had a nice pizza and Vanilla Porter. Thanks Jeff!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

John

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Just got a call from Roo. Him and Mike(Soccer4M) are a ways east of Vegas still on I-15. Roo's bike lost oil pressure, so they are stayin at some little town. Roo said this has been a known issue with the Yoyagers, and removal of oil pump and welding of the pump shaft fixes the issue. Anyways, at this point, no Roo, no Mike. they'll hopefully keep me posted as to their demise.
    Not sure whats going on exactly with them, but Ty and Marshal are here, so we still plannin' on makin' it over there tomorrow late afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• jwhughes3
    replied
    Extra bed in Pueblo is free tonight

I am in Pueblo. Just heard from JeffH. He should arrive by 1630. His Super8 room is paid so the extra bed I have at the Hampton Inn is free to any taker. I dont think Greg & Harry will make Pueblo tonight but y'all can fight over it if you do!

John

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    PERFECT!!!!!!! It's coming down in buckets and the power went out.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    I was just loading the bike getting ready to head to Wichita, the sky turned green and the tornado sirens started screaming.

I may be late getting to Wichita.

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Only one important "right" turn, the one onto the street your hotel is on tomorrow in Canon City...

Yeah, my other forums have tons of emoji's to play with. How basic we are at XS11.com!

Leave a comment:

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Bohn and I will see you guys soon. Leaving out in the morning. Be in Canon City tomorrow evening.

Good to hear Scott made it! Cool!

L8R.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• jwhughes3
    replied
    Yes Joe got me fixed up today.

Thanks
    John

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Did you find a cable John?

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Have fun you guys! I come up to join you but I'm putting a new brake caliper on the right front of my son's Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's stuck today coming up the interstate today. smelled like an 18-wheeler coming down off of steep Mountain Pass. :-)

Leave a comment:

• jwhughes3
    replied
    Sitting at dinner in Aurora with Scott (3Phase) and Joe (rdmcguy). Just got out of Yamaha shop getting Scott some new riding gear just after getting off the plane.

Looking forward to a little check ride tomorrow.

John

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    LOL!

Ok, travel update:

Called the local stores along HWY 50 and it is OPEN from Salida on east into Canon City. They don't see that changing, but keep an eye out on the road reports while traveling.

I will post up if anything changes to the contrary.

I would still come in from the north via Leadville/Buena Vista for those coming from that direction, can be smokey along Highway 50 according to the locals.

Coming from AZ, edwardruth you can use Hwy 50 if you like, obviously, and it could be worth a bit of smoke in the air to save the re-route miles.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by motoman View Post
    (no snow this time of year BA80!...just fires....lol.)
    I was considering dragging Harry over those passes but time and $ might make it difficult.

I already drug trbig over one of them, literally.

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
    Super excited!! We plan to leave N. Utah at 9am tomorrow morning, and take the long way through the mountain passes. I'm really grateful to everyone for all the planning and work that has gone into setting this up. I ride every day, but if it's not on my commute (80-85mph superslab), I follow the GPS, and that always takes the fast, freeway route. I miss out on the better riding roads that way. I look forward to seeing all the great roads that you all have planned for us!

This will be my first time camping on the bike, and the first time I've camped for more than 1 night in over 15 years. This will be quite the adventure!!
    Good choice that you and Ty are runnin the back way thru Ogden canyon to Venal, to Dinosour, then south to I-70. Part of that runs you by some high lakes a 8,000ft. elev..........beats the heck out of that 191 south thing to Green River......definitely hot that direction. We're sittin' at 98degrees at 5:30pm right now.........mountains east and south lookin' good out my back door bout now.(no snow this time of year BA80!...just fires....lol.)
    Last edited by motoman; 07-13-2016, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    secure load

think this was a duplicate. sent itself twice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X