2013 CaliRally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women who are coming to the rally.

Vicki and I will be riding up for the rally on Thursday and staying at the motel 6 in Atascadero. On Friday we're riding up to Hollister to visit with friends and returning after lunch to the rally.

Comment

I should be leaving Watsonville about 1:00pm Friday with Special Ed. Give me a call if you want to meet up for the ride back down! My number is in the top right, 831....
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

That could work. Would you meet us in Hollister or somewhere along the 101?

Ralph

Comment

LoHo, are you sure you can't talk your wife into coming along. So far, it looks like Vicki is the only female unless TKAT and Carolyn are coming.

Ralph

Comment

Hey Reffi

I don't think Gypsy will be coming. We are opening an art gallery- a spinoff of her new quicksketch spot on Cannery Row in Monterey. She can't afford to take the weekend off.
            I sure am looking forward to seeing everyone!
            Special Ed
            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

I got a response from TKAT that the rally is "on his calendar."

Ralph

Comment

Kelly and Cail are definitely not making it. Tkat said he was planning on attending.

There will be a shortage of women, so if you really need one, bring one. There are rental women available in Paso Robles of unknown quality, so caveat emptor.
                "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Ralph, I KNOW that Tkat didn't spellout "calendar."

Comment

Ralph,
                    Ed and I can meet at the Chevron station, Highway 1 and Rio Rd. Carmel, or the 76 station at the Airport exit off 101 in Salinas. They are our two "fuel stops" for a trip South, and we should be there about 1:45-2:00pm. Let me know what road you want to take.
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Ralli

Just wondering when you guys will be in Portland.I'd like to drive down and meet you all.Like to ride carbon with ya.Let me know if anyone wants to come up by Seattle.I have a large back yard and a small motorhome you could stay in.Looking forward to meeting some of the people that help us all out.

Comment

Meal plan:
                        I will cook burgers Friday evening.
                        On Saturday, I will make breakfast, we'll lunch on the road, and I'll cook dinner when everyone is around.
                        Sunday morning, I'll cook breakfast, and people can ride, visit, or hang around as they please. I will probably load up and hit the road. We'll pass the hat on Sunday for those who want to throw in, but no one has to do so.

I will have coffee, tea, sodas, and some beer. If there is something you specifically want, let me know and I'll see what I can do. If you have specific dietary needs (vegan/fruitarian/vampire), you are on your own.

I will bring a couple of small spare tents for those in need.

I may or may not be in on group rides. Anyone who wants to do so can plan a ride and see who wants to join in. I'm not a fan of the phalanx biker road trip, but those who are should feel free. Actually, I'm an off-on-my-own kind of guy, which makes my wife wonder why I do this. There is usually an interesting mix of folks and interesting conversation, but each person can choose their own way.

I'll bring some tools, a Carb Tune, vacuum gauges and such, if we want to have a fine-tuning demonstration. I am trailering my bike and all the gear, so we'll have a chase vehicle. You might want to PM me your cell number so that communication is possible. I'll respond with my cell number.

Now would be a good time to chime in on who will be attending so that I can plan for food. I was thinking about 15 or so.

Lawrence-1
                        Last edited by LoHo; 07-20-2013, 08:41 PM.

Comment

LoHo,

I plan to be there with my two boys and Mike & Tom from San Diego from thursday afternoon thru saturday noon ride, then my boys and I continue up to Sacramento to overnight with family in Roseville. I am unsure of Mike & Tom's plan - if they are camping one more night then head up early to where we are leaving for Portland on Sunday or if they are tagging along for our party. We will work out the details later, but are planning to be with family in Portland on Monday. Stay tue and leave for bellingham WA wed morning via the bremerton peninsula takng the ferry across to everett.

John
                          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Will leave Colorado on the 24th, stay first night in Vegas, arrive Santa Margarita KOA on 25th. (I like to arrive early.) Depart Sunday the 28th, either head for Portland, OR if others are going that way or head back to Colorado via Yosemite Natl. Park.
                            Jerry Fields
                            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                            '06 Concours
                            My Galleries Page.
                            My Blog Page.
                            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hey folks going to Cali Rally:

If anyone has a take off set of rear brake pads for an 80 Special can you bring them please? Or a new set if you have some and I will reimburse you.

My replacement muffler pushed the heat shield out a bit and my brake pedal caught and did not return burning up my new set (well a year old but pretty new).

Its fine for now since I can manage with front brakes but before I get to Colorado mountains I need new(er) pads.

Its Sunday in Phoenix and I head to San Diego tomorrow.

Thanks
                              John
                              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

John,

If the SoCal crew doesn't have any rear brake pads I have a couple of sets that aren't too decrepit.
                                -- Scott
                                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                                1979 XS1100F: parts
                                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X