No announcement yet.

2013 CaliRally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll let Ed know, and I need to check with SWMBO too see if I'm clear. Scott has had some problems, and cannot ride much for now, so I do not think he can make it. There are a few "new" members in this area, so I'll see if they can make it!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Just made my reservation for camping site #25. Will arrive on the 25th. Looking forward to it. I'll be on the Concours.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

yes!

After forty years of marriage, SWMBO has decided that I can finally retire all the way. Though, technically, in July I'll still be employed, I have sufficient vacation that I don't have to go in to work any days after June 25th. I plan to be there, hopefully with SWMBO. I'm going to search for motels, right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
          I'll let Ed know, and I need to check with SWMBO too see if I'm clear. Scott has had some problems, and cannot ride much for now, so I do not think he can make it. There are a few "new" members in this area, so I'll see if they can make it!
          Would NOT count out him or Roo............DAHIK.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Okay, let's see if I have this about right:
            2- LoHo and Cail (probably)
            1- Jerry
            2- Ralph + Mrs. Ralph
            2- Mike and Tom
            1- Brant (Motoman)
            2- DiverRay + Divette
            1- Special Ed (plus?)
            2- Tkat and Carolyn
            ?- Scott/Roo/Garth?

Fri nite/Sat= John's Texas crew
            "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
              Okay, let's see if I have this about right:
              2- LoHo and Cail (probably)
              1- Jerry
              2- Ralph + Mrs. Ralph
              2- Mike and Tom
              1- Brant (Motoman)
              2- DiverRay + Divette
              1- Special Ed (plus?)
              2- Tkat and Carolyn
              ?- Scott/Roo/Garth?

Fri nite/Sat= John's Texas crew
              As of now, not makin' this one this year, but subject to change. The comment came from talking with Scott several days back. He figured if Jerry can ride the 850mi. to get there, he'd likely be able to gingerly herd Columbo that direction.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Plan is, as in the past, hit Vegas overnight on the 24th then on to Santa Margarita, arrive on the 25th.

If a group is going north to Oregon on Sunday I'ld like to join up as far as Portland then will head east through the Columbia Gorge back to Colorado.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I'm going to try to make it to the rally this year.

If I get really lucky I'll be riding my 'new' '79 Special by then and I'll be able to ride with the group at least as far north as Vancouver, WA before I have to throw in the towel and go home!

It'll be fun. Yeah, fun!
                  -- Scott
                  _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

So it ain't done yet?

I haven't been able to read every post to this thread, but I'm happy to see that the date has been moved up. I really look forward to seeing everyone. Scott, glad to hear that you are still kickin'. Same with you Loho! I hope to have "King Rat" in reasonable shape by then. I'll check back here regularly, now that I know a rally is in the works!
                    Special Ed
                    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                    I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

LoHo,
                      On your list, it will be just me this year. Penny will be home with the "kids", our two dogs. I plan on a half day of work Friday, and head home Sunday. I WILL be in a hotel, though.
                      I'll probably ride down with Ed, and anyone else from this end of the state that wants to join us for a GREAT ride down 1, if it's NOT foggy.
                      Reffi, Let me know what hotel you are getting. As long as it's not TOO much, I MAY be able to swing it. If not, I may be back in a Motel 6, just trying to keep in budget.
                      Last edited by DiverRay; 06-14-2013, 08:54 PM.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Ray,

We are in the Motel 6 in Atascadero. It's closer to the KOA than was the Motel 6 in Paso Robles (where we stayed last time). Looking forward to a great time (but I'm not riding Nacimiento again).

Comment

Back in business...

Gonna be ready for the rally now!

John
                          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Rally-ho! and all that rot!

That bike looks good, John. My '79 project is still on the back burner (not enough motivation yet to even look up the word 'ennui') so I'll take Columbo out for another spin this summer.

I'm not really up for tents or cabins at the lake along with the load of gear I used to carry so I just reserved a room at the Motel 6 in Atascadero for three nights. I think I can fit a 18 pack of iced beer in each saddlebag with a spare case on the luggage rack and see how it goes!

P.S.
                            I'm not riding the Nacimiento-Ferguson Road this year either.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                            1979 XS1100F: parts
                            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Crash test Dummy! :-(

Not riding the Nacimiento-Ferguson Road ah really and that was one of my favorite rides. well till the mountain jumped into the road! I'll be there anyway, it'll be good to see everyone. I'll only be going to Vancouver Washington to see my nephews before turning south again! Glad to hear your doing better Scott!

Tom
                              1980/79 XS1100G
                              1977 KZ900
                              1030 Wisco pistons in works

Comment

Hello,
                                I just recently bought my bike last weekend at a garage sale and trying to get it turned around quick so i can ride. I might be interested in coming up to meet everyone at the end of the month as the trip is only 3 hrs of ride. i see some people are staying in a cabin and others are staying at the motel 6? what is the best place to stay or is it best for me to just crash in a tent(cost wise). Let me know. I will be working on my bike all day tomorrow (july 4th) hopefully will get it started and running to go get new tires on it. Get a few week to tinker and then ride up to you guys. Let me know your thoughts.

-Clayton
                                1979 Yamaha xs1100 Special

Thousand Oaks, CA

Comment

Working...
                                X