2013 CaliRally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagletom View Post
    Not riding the Nacimiento-Ferguson Road ah really and that was one of my favorite rides. well till the mountain jumped into the road! I'll be there anyway, it'll be good to see everyone. I'll only be going to Vancouver Washington to see my nephews before turning south again! Glad to hear your doing better Scott!

Tom
    Hi Tom, got the live pic if U would like it put on a T-shirt......kind of a 'been there, done that, got the T-shirt' thing'.........IIRC, actually got a couple,,, yup, was two bikes behind ya'.....
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

LoHo, I guess I'll be eating with the group so put me down for meals, please!

Clayton,

Where you stay is up to you, your bike, your back, and your banker.
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Looks good to go!

I may even have new rubber on the road. SWMBO could possibly make it, but we both have old timers medical issues requiring electrical outlets. Ray has a room reserved with two beds which I could pitch in on if it was just me, but he is a bit hesitant about Gypsy being with me. His excuse: "I snore really loudly!" Anyway, getting to the point, how many ladies are going to come along? That just might be the deal maker for gypsy.
        My current skoot has the old second gear issue combined with really ragged shifting in the lower gears, so I had just as soon we didn't do any steep, windy, 15 mph uphill roads: especially if I have Gypsy on board!
        Looking forward to your haute quizeine, Loho (I just spent 30 minits trying to find the correct spelling, and now "spell check" is trying to tell me that "minits" is miss spelled! But what the heck does "spell check" know? It tries to tell me that "whisky" is miss spelled!)
        Special Ed
        P.S. I'm really looking forward to seeing every one: this is shapeing up to be an historic rally.
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Clayton,
          Motel 6 is about $100 per night!, but a cabin with NO BATHROOM is about $75!, and camping with a "shared spot" should be about $20, or less. As Ed was saying, some of us need the electricity and cold box for meds, so the choice is down to spending money or not going. I will always try and make this rally, as LoHo is a GREAT host and cook.
          If you have questions on your "new" bike, and can't find answers with the "search" feature, post them.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

A young guy on his own would do best in a tent, which is pretty cheap (cheap being relative, since what one is buying is the right to occupy a space on the dirt for a night). I get a cabin so that there is a secure base of operations and electricity.

If you can get your bike running, the group you'll be joining is full of XS knowledge (and full of about everything else one can think of as well), so it would be worth it to have some semi-experts look your ride over. Diver Ray can show you how to make looooong skid marks with your rear tire. Special Ed can show you how to use your bike to make a crispy offering to the two-wheel gods. And Tom can demonstrate the off-road capabilities of the beloved XS1100.
            "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

And we can show you the gymnastic qualities of the XS11!

Looking forward to it...I have a tent space for 8 and only 6 in our group...come snuggle up. Heck we only have bedrolls, no tents but maybe soccermike will have a tent.

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

tent is good

Howdy,,,,I am using a tent along with EagleTom,,,as being Thrifty is good. So,,,John if there is room on the huge tentsites save a couple square feet and we can squish in the spot with a couple small tents, see ya soon,,,,Mike in Sun Diego
                mike
                1982 xj1100 maxim
                1981 venture bagger
                1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                1959 wife

Comment

Mike we plan to be in SD monday evening the 22nd and leave wed morning the 24th. Plan for us to be in Escondido early on the 24th.

I plan to circumnavigate LA Wednesday via the 15 to Riverside and stop at my brother in laws place in Santa Clarita. Head north Thursday morning to Santa Margarita via Santa Barbara etc....

C u soon. Wish I had time to get that cycle sound working....

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                    Mike we plan to be in SD monday evening the 22nd and leave wed morning the 24th. Plan for us to be in Escondido early on the 24th.

I plan to circumnavigate LA Wednesday via the 15 to Riverside and stop at my brother in laws place in Santa Clarita. Head north Thursday morning to Santa Margarita via Santa Barbara etc....

C u soon. Wish I had time to get that cycle sound working....

John
                    Two wires......hot and ground, or better yet, MP3 and earbuds. MP3 actually better, even tho my housing sports an Alpine and Polk all weather audio.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

HEEYY! JOHN!

If you haven't done it already I can call 'Roo and see what he's doing. You know, if you're going through Santa Barbara and all it'd be a total shame to miss <hint> the turnoff to the shortcut <hint> using the 154 through Los Olivos to knock a few miles off the ride up 101. <hint><hint>
                      -- Scott
                      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                      1979 XS1100F: parts
                      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

K scott i will keep that in mind...please contact Roo if you can that would be great.

Gonna be coming from BIL house in Santa Clara...does that lend itself to the shortcut?

John

Comment

S-o-o-o, how many women?

No one has responded to my query regarding female attendees. Is this going to be a guy thing or will there be some XS beauties? Gypsy may or may not come depending in part on whether she will be the only woman. I need to find out so I can tell Ray if I am going to be sharing his motel room.
                          Special Ed
                          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Nobody knows Ed - just tell her others are coming and if they dont show it aint your fault...

I am not bringing any.

John

Comment

FWIW, neither Kelly nor Cail will be attending.
                              "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
                                A'ight, I am planning on being in the bike picture for the early summer rally. I think that Santa Margarita Lake KOA is still good to go, and I will have some sort of bike to ride. Young Cail might even be riding by then. June 14/15/16 looks good to me.

Let the co-mingling begin!
                                Come buy my bikes, and all the parts. I haven't ridden them in well over a year.
                                Pat Kelly
                                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                                X