XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
    Tod who? That guy tbat used to ride but now cruises?
    Yeah, you remember him? Big guy, crashed a lot.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Yeah, you remember him? Big guy, crashed a lot.
      And could rebuild an XJ at the roadside as he did so often
      where the hell is he ?
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Seems he's traded in his bike for a cruise ship. He has to hurry back from each trip so he doesn't miss the boat for the next one.

I think he may have something going on with a cabana boy somewhere in the Caribbean.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Seems he's traded in his bike for a cruise ship. He has to hurry back from each trip so he doesn't miss the boat for the next one.

I think he may have something going on with a cabana boy somewhere in the Caribbean.
          Tod? Give up riding? He's probably already got the Captain to drain the swimming pool on the poop deck so he can ride around inside it like one of those bowl tracks!
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Tod?......well hopefully, if he and you others, Greg(BA80),Bob(XJOKTOPLAY) and John(JW Hughes) visited here at my place again, I would LEAST remember to turn the heat on in my 5th wheel for Tod...brrr....
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I died laughing. He's have a good come-back for this.
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

We have partnered this event with the VJMC.

For those of you planning to attend this rally, it really doesn't mean anything except that the rally will probably be even better and likely we'll have a bike show for those of you who want to show off your work.

Our goal is to have the resort sold out by 15 March, so don't delay making your reservation. There should be plenty of tent space for last minute fence sitters.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Looking to share a semi private room/cabin...anyone have an extra spot?
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                    Looking to share a semi private room/cabin...anyone have an extra spot?
                    I believe I do. I have cabin/room 302 from 09/27 to 10/01, Thursday night to Monday morning.

Code:
                    Unit No.       Unit Type
                    302            SP T/K CS
                    I don't speak Iron Horse reservation geek code for the Unit Type but I think it's:

Semi-Private T/K ? CreekSide

T/K is probably the type of bed configurations available, Twin or King, so if it gets moved up to two people it'd be Twin.
                    -- Scott
                    _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

If it's anything like the one Tod and Harry were in a couple years ago the beds are so close together you might as well be sleeping with your roomie.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

If it's anything like the one Tod and Harry were in a couple years ago the beds are so close together you might as well be sleeping with your roomie.
                        I was in 102 last year and the beds aren't that bad, not as close as ten-in-a-two-man-tent or a bunkhouse.

There're pictures on the ironhorsenc.com site but they don't allow hot-linking their pictures, the finks:-

http://ironhorsenc.com/accommodation...s-bunkhouse/#!
                        -- Scott
                        _____

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                          I believe I do. I have cabin/room 302 from 09/27 to 10/01, Thursday night to Monday morning.

Code:
                          Unit No.       Unit Type
                          302            SP T/K CS
                          I don't speak Iron Horse reservation geek code for the Unit Type but I think it's:

Semi-Private T/K ? CreekSide

T/K is probably the type of bed configurations available, Twin or King, so if it gets moved up to two people it'd be Twin.
                          Thanks Scott..I just got off the computer with the IH staff..they have me reserved for a semi-private room ..Mountainside..with 2 beds...so I'm good..I think..theres still plenty of time to make amendments to the plan...I was in 302 a few yrs ago...been camping out in the trailer with Mark..but he is bringing the wife this year..plus i like a 2 or 3a.m. pee break without having to stagger a hundred yards to the public bathrooms..LOL
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I know the feeling!

At Kremmling it was walking across the sharp and insanely loud and crunchy gravel in the middle of the night that was fun. At the Iron Horse there were two rooms with a shared bath so one person would get up and that'd start a late night geezer chain.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

Comment

Ehhhhhh...Scott, we can't call others "geezer" anymore

I usually stay in the TajmaBrent when he's there. Last time it was the Bigfoot Arms though.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I was counting myself amongst the geezers.
                                (He says heading back to bed)
                                -- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X