XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

I sent an e-mail to the Iron Horse to see if they know when the 2018 rally will be held and get my reservations set for next year.

Do we have the dates yet for 2018 or should I just reserve a cabin for September and wait until everyone else shows up?

http://ironhorsenc.com

Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
    1755 Lower Stecoah Road
    Robbinsvile, NC 28771
    Telephone: 828-479-3864

Office Hours:
    Nov-March = M-F, 9am-2pm
    April-Oct = 7 days, 8am-9pm

IronHorse Lodge e-mail: info@ironhorsenc.com
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Scott,

Just go with Labor Day and wait for us!

The 2018 Vintage Yamaha Rally is 28 Sept through 1 Oct

I'll post news as I make it.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
      I sent an e-mail to the Iron Horse to see if they know when the 2018 rally will be held and get my reservations set for next year.

Do we have the dates yet for 2018 or should I just reserve a cabin for September and wait until everyone else shows up?

http://ironhorsenc.com

Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
      1755 Lower Stecoah Road
      Robbinsvile, NC 28771
      Telephone: 828-479-3864

Office Hours:
      Nov-March = M-F, 9am-2pm
      April-Oct = 7 days, 8am-9pm

IronHorse Lodge e-mail: info@ironhorsenc.com

Hey Scott, I'm thinking of making the trip next year. Maybe we could meet somewhere and ride in together.

We'll see.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Crikey! September and October!

Greg, I'd like to join you for the ride back East, that'd be a hoot, same for anyone else that wants to make the annual pilgrimage. I should have my '80G running by then with real luggage and a fairing so Sallisaw or something similar?
        -- Scott
        _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Sallisaw would be good but if you wanted to deviate from the dolldrum of I40 plan a stop here in Tulsa.

I have a couch and a BBQ. I'll pick up some mineral water because I know that's what you Californians like.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

(perks up) Cool! I'll snag some alfalfa and bean sprouts too, yeah, they'll go great with a stack of 33 1/3 grain stone ground pita tortillas and BBQ tofu!

I should be able to do the northern loop things up to Washington, Yellowstone, Bear Tooth Highway and other stuff that's closed when its cold, then drop down to Colorado and Oklahoma.
            -- Scott
            _____

Comment

Welcome here as usual if weather holds up over those two passes Scott.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

The end of September into October's actually getting a little too close for comfort up north. A northern loop earlier in the summer with a Colorado or Oregon rally would work better, then ride out to XSSE on a later trip.
                -- Scott
                _____

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                  The end of September into October's actually getting a little too close for comfort up north. A northern loop earlier in the summer with a Colorado or Oregon rally would work better, then ride out to XSSE on a later trip.
                  Kinda what I was thinking also. But, it's your a$$.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

VINTAGE YAMAHA OWNERS

Over 11 months remaining until the 2018 Vintage Yamaha Rally at Stecoah, NC
                    (Sept 28 to Oct 1 2018) so start to Save Up - then Fix Up, Tune Up, or Shine Up your Vintage Yamaha as applicable
                    oh, then Ride It, Haul It, Drag It to the western NC mountains at the end of Sept 2018.
                    We hope to see you there.

and make your Reservations at ironhorsenc.com - www.ironhorsenc.com

(just like a motel, you can make your Cabin, Bunkhouse, Tent spot or RV spot Reservation with Iron Horse NOW
                    (reservation requires credit card) and if your plans change by August you just call or email and Cancel. Pretty Simple
                    Note: in August Iron Horse will run the first nights charge with balance due when you get to the Iron Horse for the Rally

FYI, the backfield is already in motion working on the Details & Fun Stuff

The Rally folks
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I solved an annoying bike problem for 2018.

This year's guests have precedence at the Iron Horse so I have to wait until after October 25 to see if any cabins will be available.
                      -- Scott
                      _____

Comment

New Site

Our rally has its own home. We will be updating the site in coming weeks.

Vintage Yamaha Rally
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

.????????
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            .????????
                            Our dedicated web page is just like what Jerry always does for the annual Colorado Rally.
                            http://www.appleattic.net/Kremmling-2017/Kremmling.htm

Just block out Sept 27 to Oct 2 and head east to Stecoah, North Carolina

Anybody that needs a refresher on how to plan their visit and make their reservations with Iron Horse can visit:
                            http://vintageyamaharally.com instead of digging back into a long thread here.

Plus we need a dedicated place that the other Vintage Yamaha Owners & Attendees ( 650 group etc.) can get the rally information. (since they are not on xs11.com)
                            But you know the drill.

Jeff
                            Last edited by JeffH; 10-31-2017, 09:06 AM.
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

OK, it's early, but it's time to make a reservation for September. The team is working diligently to get the whole place booked by January. So, do it. Make a plan! Deposit is not due until 28 July.

Here is the Iron Horse cancellation policy:
                              Cancellation Policy: 30 day cancellation policy with a $20.00 cancellation fee per reservation. 30 day notice we will give you a refund minus $20/00 for each reservation cancelled. Cancellations less than 30 days results in forfeiture of entire deposit.
                              RSVP at www.vintageyamaharally.com Doing so, will put you on the email list.
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

Working...
                              X