XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Just found out Bigfoot is coming too. Waiting to hear from some others.
    This is shaping up for a big turnout! We might need a wide angle lens for a group picture!

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Just found out Bigfoot is coming too. Waiting to hear from some others.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    It's all good Mark. There has never been a problem with this group. The subject came up, so I commented.

    I may have Robin drive up in the car to carry stuff. If so, I'll have a cooler.
    And a designated driver!

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    15% alcohol in beer? That's dang near a 6-pack of Okie beer in a can! lol. But... hopefully it tastes better than that Arrogant Bastard beer Randy brought to Pennsylvania when I went a couple years ago. I like beer... but not beer I have to chew first.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    It's all good Mark. There has never been a problem with this group. The subject came up, so I commented.

    I may have Robin drive up in the car to carry stuff. If so, I'll have a cooler.

    Leave a comment:


  • mastan
    replied
    It's never been an issue at any of the rallies I've been to. I like to have a cold one after a long ride is all. I just wanted to make everyone aware and to make sure everyone knew to plan accordingly. I didn't want to make a big brewhaha over it.
    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I think I should clarify my last post. Alcohol consumption is permitted at the Iron Horse. You can expect that drunken behavior will not be tolerated.

    We have never had a problem with this in the past, I expect this year will be no different.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Well Greg, I am happy to tell you that your link gave you incorrect data.

    "North Carolina – Spirits are controlled by the state. On-premise sale is allowed any time except 2 A.M. to 7 A.M Monday – Saturday and 2 A.M. to Noon Sunday. Beer and wine can be sold in supermarkets but only state run stores can sell liquor hours are Monday – Saturday 11 A.M to 9 P.M. There is a 15% ABV limit on beer." from legalbeer.com

    List of alcohol laws of the United States by state

    As far as our rally goes, the Iron Horse will not have a problem with alcohol consumption on their property. You may expect drunkenness not to be tolerated. The prevailing attitude of our group is that we don't drink and ride. Your favorite adult beverages are available in Bryson City, 20 miles away.

    http://goo.gl/maps/9k2ap
    Last edited by jetmechmarty; 07-30-2012, 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I got my info HERE Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    North Carolina beer is 3.2% also. Maybe we need to load up somewhere else?
    15% ABV cap on beer, no known cap on wine in NC. I don't know where you got your information. Very good micro-brews are available nearby.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I like beer!!!!!!!!!!:d

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by mastan
    Whisky it is! Whisky for the men,,,, and ethanol for the horses
    Mark
    I have an affinity for Kentucky's finest...last year Earl and I had leftover beer couldnt drink it all nor give it away...I left mine for the staff...but this year I'm not gonna be wasting any alcohol...beer is for nannies anyway...

    Leave a comment:


  • mastan
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Mark,

    Bryson City is the closest place to buy adult beverages. It's not a terribly long drive, but not exactly convenient. Google Maps will give you the details. Bring whisky. It packs smaller.
    Whisky it is! Whisky for the men,,,, and ethanol for the horses
    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    North Carolina beer is 3.2% also. Maybe we need to load up somewhere else?

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Actually, I can get 2 pretty comfortably on the rear seat and 1 in each saddle bag.

    Bob's right.


    Sure.. because who needs any of those pesky clothes or tools on a trip?? Priorities, right? lol. Plus, if you bring that beer from Oklahoma, you can impress everyone with it's alcohol content.

    Leave a comment:

Working...