Rally in Northwest????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA ride

I could be available for a ride in WA. But I will be out on the boat for most of July and August. So timing could be a problem for me. When I am on the mainland, I am five minutes from the Blaine border.
    Unkle Crusty

Comment

• Now that I am in N. Utah, Idaho and the NW will likely be my gathering place of choice. Not sure if I will be able to pull off a trip longer than a long weekend this year, but I'd be interested to meet up with other XSives in the region.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
        Now that I am in N. Utah, Idaho and the NW will likely be my gathering place of choice. Not sure if I will be able to pull off a trip longer than a long weekend this year, but I'd be interested to meet up with other XSives in the region.
        Hi Bug, nice to see you back on the forum. Hope you are all settled in Utah.
        Maxim Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Yeah, I think I'm as settled as I'll be for a while. It's nice to finally have a real garage to park my bike in. Had to mow the grass for the first time last weekend, but I've been lucky enough to be able to ride most of the winter! Very light snow this year. A bit of a culture shock here, but I knew it was coming. I need to have someone introduce me to some decent riding roads around here though. I hear there are plenty, but I don't get out much to do any exploring.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
            Yeah, I think I'm as settled as I'll be for a while. It's nice to finally have a real garage to park my bike in. Had to mow the grass for the first time last weekend, but I've been lucky enough to be able to ride most of the winter! Very light snow this year. A bit of a culture shock here, but I knew it was coming. I need to have someone introduce me to some decent riding roads around here though. I hear there are plenty, but I don't get out much to do any exploring.
            Hi Bug,
            Ogden Canyon makes for a fun ride!(four-lane)........on up to ParkCity, loop back down to I-15.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Wmrra

Washington motorcycle road racing will have a race 26 and 27 July. Will be classes for vintage bikes.
              I will be going. Should arrive Saturday morning. Probably ride Yami.

Meanwhile I have forgotten the directions to the track, but will figure it out.

During the week prior to the bike races I will be at Oak Harbor Whidbey Island for the sail boat races.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

• Hi Bug,

it was good to finally meet someone from the forum. Here are just some of the rides that can be done in Utah
                http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Utah_120.html

We will have to get together for a ride when the snow in the mountains melts a little more.

By the way I hope the starter relay worked for you.
                Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• I was hoping to have a NW tech weekend here at my place but this place has been too much of a project and I don't know if it'll ever happen...

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

• Rally/techweekend/any riding

So I haven't been here in a really long time and am ready to start riding this year! I just replaced my rear shocks and gonna do an oil change and a tune-up on my bike so it'll be ready for the summer. I also have a girlfriend who likes to ride and will have her own bike, so it'd be fun to get together and do some riding/meet-up and/or hang out some weekend. I am working at the Mulino Airport off of 213 so can hit the road anytime and go in any direction.
                    So, if there is anybody in the area, I be happy to pull the grill out and even host a stop on a ride. Any thoughts? I thinks we just need to do it and get something going!
                    Cheers!
                    Tim
                    1979 XS1100F
                    4 into 1 Jardine, single POD airfilters, custom paint
                    Branded title
                    Work in progress since 2000

We have to get on! We have to get on! We have So much time and so little to do!.....strike that, reverse that!! :P

Comment

Working...
                    X