No announcement yet.

Rally in Northwest????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride what you got, it's OK by me. I've had bikes from all of the big 4 Japanese, 3 brands of British and 2 Italian...

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I don't care what anybody rides either. They can ride a kids trike with pink stringers hanging from the handlebars for all I care. As long as they can keep up, it's all right with me.

I was thinking just a short day ride this spring to get things going.

Larry
      Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
      http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
      82 XJ1100
      80 XS1100G (Project bike)
      64 Yamaha YA-6
      77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
      See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Sounds good. I might even have my wingding going by then...

Geezer

Comment

I know I'm going to hate myself for asking this, but whats a wingding?
          Fastmover
          "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
          lion". SHL
          78 XS1100e

Comment

I don't know what Tony is talking about either. I suppose it is his bike, but i thought it had a different name.
            1980 XS1100LG Midnight
            1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
            A quick death and an easy one.
            A pretty girl and an honest one.
            A cold beer and another one!

Comment

The wingding is my 1975 Honda GL1000 with a 1980 GL1100 engine. The wiring is a total disaster and I'm redoing all of it. Work keeps me from wrapping it up. Just when I dig into it, I get busy.

The XS11 I had with a name was my half 80 Special / half 79 standard and I called it the Mongrel. I sold that bike to my cousin's kid about 3 years ago. I now have an all 1979 standard that has some cool upgrades but no name.

Tony

Comment

I thought that might be it, but wasn't sure. I have an 83 Aspencade, that I bought last June. I wasn't looking for another bike, but this one was in fantastic condition and at a price I couldn't pass up. I still haven't decided if I will keep it yet.
                Fastmover
                lion". SHL
                78 XS1100e

Comment

I needed the Wing for a business project and this one was dirt cheap because it didn't run. Whoever put the engine in was a good mechanic but didn't know crap about wiring.

On this page I document a couple of the repairs but unfortunately this was less than 10% of the wiring problems.
                  http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/GWstatorplug.html

Here's a pic of the bike all together when I got it. Right now all the plastic and seat are off it...
                  http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/images/TonyGL.JPG

Geezer

Comment

Nice Wing, the first Wing I ever saw was that color, it was setting outside the NCO club in Korea, I must have walked around it for a hour looking at it.
                    Fastmover
                    lion". SHL
                    78 XS1100e

Comment

Nice wing geezer,
                      I rebuilt a set of carbs for a guy this past summer.It was a '77 GL1000.What a PITA it was .The guy got the bike for free and PO had left it out under a porch awning for several years, but it was in nice shape.When I installed and tuned the carbs I took it for a ride.Very smooth ride but it sure felt soggy in the handling department.
                      80 SG XS1100
                      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Heres a picture of my wing, taken right after I backed it out of storage and started to get it ready to start. [IM
                        Fastmover
                        lion". SHL
                        78 XS1100e

Comment

Nice bike. I was hoping to find a 1200 standard wing but this was a rare model and I've only seen a few. The 1000 with the 1100 engine was really dirt cheap for how nice it was.

The XS11 has a lot of improvements that Honda didn't roll into the wing until 2 years later. So I'm not at all expecting it to be everything the XS11 is. If I keep the GL it will be our 2 up bike but my old lady has put on more than I've taken off and I don't know if there's a bike that will hold 2 fatties.

Geezer

Comment

Don't ask how I missed this for so long ,,, but I'm in, enjoyed detroit lake and hope to get a week of vacation for this one. Bob if you would like I could ride down and try to help you figure out the problem with your bike and would give me an excuse to ride mine (not that I need one) Larry R in kelso, wa
                            Alias Larry R in Kelso WA

When in dought, punch it.
                            XS1100LG Precious current
                            XS1100SF Ruby gone to a better home
                            KZ900B MIA stolen (ALL bike thieves MUST GET OFF THE PLANET more politically correct ???)

Comment

What's with the Hondas??LOL Just kidding.I'll try to get a 3 to 4 day ride laid out and posted by mid March.That will give us plenty of time to take suggestions and make changes.More to come.Terry
                              1980 special (Phyllis)
                              1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

3 or 4 days? I thought we were looking at 5 to 7 days. LOL Any ride is good. By the way Terry, the pickup did have a bad wire. We got the valves adjusted, fixed the bad wire, checked the timing, and today i adjusted the carbs again, and re synched. No more high rpm problems. This thing runs more like i expected. I still want to pick up another mag. pickup, and modify it.
                                1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                                1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                                A quick death and an easy one.
                                A pretty girl and an honest one.
                                A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Working...
                                X