No announcement yet.

PNW '07 - Olympia Wa Aug 13-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"That's great news, Geezer... great to hear that you won't be too far away from us."

Congratulations again!
    I suppose if you had attended, we'd have to tie tin cans and old shoes to the back of your bike.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Is any one from Alberta planning to go to Olympia?
      My tentative plans are to leave Edmonton on Saturday (11th) and get to Revelstoke or Radium Hot Springs for Saturday night. Revelstoke if I hook up with Ken Talbot if he goes.
      Planned on the second night to be in Wenatchee, Washington.
      Then into Olympia early afternoon on Monday.
      I plan to motel it on the travel days and tent at Dennys.
      Going home I think I might make it back in two days leaving either Thurday or Friday.
      Let me know if this works for you or some alternative. Right now I am open to change if any one wants to travel together.
      Don Hughes
      Ex-1978 E
      Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
      1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
      1990 Honda Goldwing
      Edmonton

Comment

Re: "That's great news, Geezer... great to hear that you won't be too far away from u

Originally posted by prometheus578
        Congratulations again!
        I suppose if you had attended, we'd have to tie tin cans and old shoes to the back of your bike.
        I'm still trying to talk her into making the trip on a bike but so far she's not going for it. I'll see if I can talk her into swinging by on the way back...

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

"Car or bike... it doesn't matter..."

We all just want to kiss the bride!

Comment

We all just want to kiss the bride!

If you go by Prometheus' place.... make sure her tetanus shots are up to date first!
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I'm Back!

Yahooo! summer school is over. Summer school is 7 1/2 hours a day for 24 days with 20+ students learning to assemble, test and program a small robotic vehicle. Most have never done such a thing. It is a lot of fun. It takes all I can muster to keep my energy level up to par with 20+ teenagers. By days end I have the mental capacity of a grape (usually it is three grapes). Now I am off until the first of September.

So, let get this rally going. It looks like I have something like a dozen people planning on coming. I am build a WEB site to contain all the rally info that should be up shortly.

The weather has been strange this year (wettest July I can remember). I hope we are done with that.
              DZ
              Vyger, 'F'
              "The Special", 'SF'
              '08 FJR1300

Comment

"Garage is finally clean and I can find stuff again."

Don't know what you have planned for maintence during the rally... But I can haul my lift over there, as well as digital carb synch, valve shims, etc.
                We can coordinate as the time grows closer.

Comment

Re: "Garage is finally clean and I can find stuff again."

Originally posted by prometheus578
                  digital carb synch,
                  Hey, did he say digital carb sync? What the heck is a digital carb sync? How much better is is than vacuum? How come you haven't posted any photos?
                  Ken Talbot

Comment

Hi Ken, try this link:
                    http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/...r-p-16946.html

Comment

Anyone have tools to pull the bearings in the front fork?
                      There is a slight wobble in the fork, Prom said the bearing are going and need to be replaced, he also said that there are certain tools for this job.

If we have a maintaince day, I sure would welcome the help on this! Never pulled a fork apart.
                      Dave
                      1978 XS1100E
                      Tacoma, WA.

Comment

If you are talking about the steering bearings, I have a tool I made for driving the races out of the steering head.
                        DZ
                        Vyger, 'F'
                        "The Special", 'SF'
                        '08 FJR1300

Comment

Dave, a wobble in the front end may not be worn out steering head bearings. They may only need to be adjusted a little tighter.
                          Bring a new set of bearings with you.
                          May also be misaligned fork tubes in the triple clamps. Another rather simple adjustment.
                          To strip the front forks an impact gun and allen key socket helps a lot plus a long rod or wooden dowel to reach down into the forks to hold the interior valving from turning while removing the bottom allen key bolt.

Comment

Dave, I've sent you two PM's recently, one yesterday.
                            The first one had the part numbers for the bearings and the fork seals.
                            Yesterday's PM was to inform you that my garage is finally clean, mostly set up, and waiting for you and your bike.
                            I figger it'd be nice to have your bike done before the rally.
                            (I still need to replace the headlight bucket, bent handlebars, and generator cover from Denny's last rally!)

Comment

"Just what kind of loser do you think I am?"

Ratbyk, that only does two cylinders at a time.
                              Try this link: VacuumMate http://www.tecmate.com/fuel_ignition.php

I mean... where do you think all the equipment went when the dealership went out of business? About the only things I didn't take were the tire machine and the fork lift.

Comment

Denny,

Just found this thread.... and boy am I disapointed. I already have plans to leave town Aug 15 for a week...

You sure the road around Rainier is open. I'm hearing part of it is still closed?

The rally you sponsered a couple of years ago was GREAT. For those of you that did not make it he sure knows how to have a good time. Wish I could attend this one.

I have not been riding the XS as much lately as I bought a 06 Yamaha Warrior last year. Great ride but completely different from the XS. Can you say qtr mile.

PS Anyone looking for a XS. I bought the 79 from the guy on Vashon Island a couple of years ago. Drove it to N CA last summer with no issues. Its still in more or less perfect condition but I now have 5 bikes in the garage ( 79XS, 79xs, 94 750 Virago, 06 Warrior, 06 1300VTX) and it is getting a little crowded. The Virago is also for sale.

Hope you all have a great ride.

Jeff Korn
                                Jeff Korn
                                Original Owner 79XS1100 E
                                Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

Working...
                                X