PNW '07 - Olympia Wa Aug 13-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNW '07 - Olympia Wa Aug 13-19

I am inviting the clan to my home for the usual XS/XJ (and what ever) festivities.

The dates are August 13th thru the 19th. I like the idea of having the main part of the event Wednesday thru Friday, so there is travel time before and after. Thursday will be the main event day.

There is plenty of room for tenting and RV'ing. Motels are with in 15 minutes. There will be first come first server room on the shop loft floor (Snore City!). The loft is 20'x30' with bathroom down stairs.

I have a good size fire pit for sitting around the camp fire (fire conditions permitting).

I will have a kitchen area setup for those DIY'ers with stove, microwave and frig. There are also many dinning establishment close by. We may want to plan some group meals if folk are interested (and chip in). I will have the staples (pancakes & eggs, hamburgers & hot dogs, and beer) available.

Over the years our rallies have evolved into great social events. Many enjoy relaxing with old friends after a long ride to attend (especially with the rising fuel costs). While others enjoy touring the local are on day rides. I will be accommodating both.

There will even be the now customary "shop" time.

Directions are simple. Take Exit 104 of I-5 in Olympia, Go West on US 101, take the third exit and start looking for the XS/XJ paper plates. My home is around 15 minutes from I-5. For a more detailed direction, send me e-mail (denny_zander@gmail).

FYI: If you send me e-mail, make sure you put XS/XJ in the subject line so your message does not get lost in my SPAM folder.

Get these dates on your calendar! It is much better to attend than read about it later!

Stay tuned for more info as the event draws nearer.
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Did not mean to hurry you on this Denny. I have relatives from New Zealand visiting about that time and I wanted to kind of set up my time. I hope they will not be here at that time as I plan to be in Olympia. Olympia is more important to me but the rest of the family may have other plans.
    I'm trying to talk a friend into travelling with me. He hasn't committed himself yet.
    Any way I plan to be there.
    Don Hughes
    Ex-1978 E
    Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
    1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
    1990 Honda Goldwing
    Edmonton

Comment

"How firm are these dates?"

Sounds great, Denny.
      My brother Sluggo was flying out on the 26th. Yes, this event is still four months away, he may be able to change his work schedule and flight dates. Are these dates of the rally set in stone yet?(so he/I can plan around them)
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Are these dates of the rally set in stone yet?
        Yep, Granite!
        DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

Ok, good enough fer me.
          Thanks.
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Looking forward to it. Put me down for a tent space.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Dennyz,

Is this a family event or just the guys?
              Dave
              1978 XS1100E
              Tacoma, WA.

Comment

I'm already starting to whine. If I make a big enough issue and use blackmail I should be able to attend.
                Wife has vacation that week and wants to visit her family in ID so maybe I can work out a partial week of relaxation.
                I prefer taking 2 weeks off and using it to visit my family in OR too.
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Is this a family event or just the guys?
                  It's a family event. We try to keep it clean, but it a gathering of biker dudes and dudetts.
                  DZ
                  Vyger, 'F'
                  "The Special", 'SF'
                  '08 FJR1300

Comment

Dennyz,

I am thinking about heading down for this event, just not sure if I can get the time off.

Also, the email address you listed did not work.

Thanks!
                    Dave
                    1978 XS1100E
                    Tacoma, WA.

Comment

oops!

I am thinking about heading down for this event, just not sure if I can get the time off.

Also, the email address you listed did not work.
                      My email address is denny.zander@gmail.com

If nothing else, plan on coming down for the evening(s).
                      DZ
                      Vyger, 'F'
                      "The Special", 'SF'
                      '08 FJR1300

Comment

Well, I was hoping to attend but I was just informed last week that my Department is being out-sourced.
                        So, June 8th I'm out of a job.
                        Several prospects for new employment so I'm not worried. Just probably won't be able to take time off.
                        Pat Kelly
                        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Pat,

When you take your new job, tell them you have a religious retreat that you previously committed to and must have the time off.

What the heck, it's worth a try!

We will raise a toast to all the unfortunate brothers and sisters that could not make the journey.

Denny
                          DZ
                          Vyger, 'F'
                          "The Special", 'SF'
                          '08 FJR1300

Comment

Ralley Update

Here is what I have for a schedule so far. The two day runs are pretty standard runs from the Oly area. If we end up with a bunch of local riders that want something different we can change it up. Folks that plan on attending, let me know what you think.

Monday (13th) - Arrival day, No ride planned - Relax, get settled and rest the butt.
                            Tuesday (14th) - All day ride around Mt Rainier - This is beautiful ride, with lots of scenery and corners. Traffic is usually not as bad mid week. It is a full day and requires an early start.
                            Wednesday (15th) - Down Day, Socializing and shop time, “wash’m, wax’m, wrench’m” time. Beer and BBQ, I will have some short rides outlined for those that just can’t sit still.
                            Thursday (16th) - Windy Ridge Run, up the back side of Mt St Helens. Corners so tight, you will see your tail light. Another early start.
                            Friday (17th) - Departure day, those interested, can make a run to the coast and down to Astoria.
                            DZ
                            Vyger, 'F'
                            "The Special", 'SF'
                            '08 FJR1300

Comment

Mt Rainier

For anyone wondering if what he says about Mt. Rainier is true... I can confirm his words. :-) I've been there, done that... and it is a grand memory that I often revisit.

Wish I could get off work!

Meri
                              -Meri
                              "Boldly Going Nowhere"

www.meriwetherphoto.net

Comment

Working...
                              X