XSEast 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SthrnSqrl View Post
    So for the XS East ride, folks won't be on their XS'es? Cos I don't see how those numbers could ever come from an XS. Properly tuned and synched, I'm doing good to get 100 miles on my Special tank.
    Some will. Those two weren't
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

a lot of us areformer owners , but i could get 120-139 depended if i beat it

Comment

Originally posted by newc4 View Post
        2000 I hosted XSEast at Blackwater Falls WV. Only 6 showed, so I'm not sure it was official but with two motorcycle racers I learned to corner the XS on wet pavement.

Darrell
        I hosted the most northern and eastern Rally in 2000. We did the famous Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. We had a couple of riders from Maine and a couple from NY. The t-shirt is one of the rarest around
        Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
        '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
        '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

lets make this move

Comment

Lexington VA XSEast 2011

I'd be happy to host this event in/near Lexington VA at the junction of I81/I64, if the group is onboard with it. This will be the last year my son, Chris, can attend on "DeerHunter". Some of the roads have been traveled in previous XSEasts but there's be quite a lot of member turnover since the last WV event so for most it should be new.

Marty and Mark have been exploring S Ohio so I think those are the two leading options.

Can we put a poll into a current thread?
            Darrell
            78E
            80G project
            06FJR

Comment

I am in the Cincinnati area.
              Willing to lend a hand setting things up if the rally is anywhere near me.
              Current Stable:
              1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
              1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
              1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
              1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
              WTB:
              1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
              1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

Go ahead Darrell, its all yours!

Lemme know if you need help, maps, GPS, whatever. Heck I would be happy to pre-scout the roads for you in the spring, but don't tell anyone.
                Marty in NW PA
                Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Who would be up for a run down the entire Blue Ridge Parkway?
                  Now THAT would be a true XSive XS ride.
                  I rode the southern end between Cherokee and Asheville around Labor Day, absolutely beautiful and plenty of twisties, already planning to ride the entire length next year. Just not sure which end I want to start on. The parkway itself is 469 miles long and I'm looking at a total of about 1300 miles if I ride it one way and loop back via Knoxville and take 75 back to Cincy. About 1700 if I ride it both ways starting at either end.
                  We did 1120 miles in 3 days Labor Day weekend so I'm giving this one 5 days to a week.
                  Current Stable:
                  1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
                  1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
                  1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
                  1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
                  WTB:
                  1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
                  1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

I just rode 110 miles of the BRP from Balsam NC to Little Switzerland NC on a Sunday and it took me 4 hours. I did lots of stops at scenic overlooks and a 35 min stop on Mt Mitchell. Still holiday or weekend traffic on the BRP will mean alot slower riding and lots of traffic. Since XSEast is on a holiday weekend I would not suggest riding the BRP...there are many other fine options.

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD View Post
                      I just rode 110 miles of the BRP from Balsam NC to Little Switzerland NC on a Sunday and it took me 4 hours. I did lots of stops at scenic overlooks and a 35 min stop on Mt Mitchell. Still holiday or weekend traffic on the BRP will mean alot slower riding and lots of traffic. Since XSEast is on a holiday weekend I would not suggest riding the BRP...there are many other fine options.
                      low speed limit and lots of enforcement on the BRP
                      I'm up for a Virginia rally also Darrell. Let me know if you want some company on scouting trips.
                      dp
                      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                      1981 LH

Comment

I can be there in 5hrs on short notice and reason to ride.
                        Ralph

Comment

Brp

I did the entire BRP in June. With four bikes it was four days.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                            I did the entire BRP in June. With four bikes it was four days.
                            Just think how much faster if you had a big boy's bike, not that 650.

Yeah, I'd agree to staying off the BRP on a holiday weekend, except for a short run if it is on the route. Besides the land yachts and Hardleys blocking the way, one Federal speeding ticket @ $500 each can ruin your day....
                            Marty in NW PA
                            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                              low speed limit and lots of enforcement on the BRP
                              I'm up for a Virginia rally also Darrell. Let me know if you want some company on scouting trips.
                              dp
                              I too could accompany you on scoping it out. I'm just 2 hours from Lexington

Comment

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum, but I spend a lot of time in N. Carolina when ever I get a chance.
                                Check out the Kickstand Lodge as a place to hold a ride or rally.
                                It is just 12 miles from the Fontana Dam and about 22 miles from the Dragons Tail.
                                Althought the Dragons Tail is a cool little piece of rosd, it is only the tip of the iceburg.
                                Besides some of the best roads in the country, the Kickstand is an awesome spot to hold your event.
                                Mo, the owner is a great women and will treat you better then you deserve.
                                You won't leave there hungry or thirsty!
                                She has camping cabins, a bunk house and plenty of tent space.
                                Anyway, if any of you are riding through that area, stop in and say hello to Mo.

I will be stopping by for a few days the first part of November on my way down to Florida.

http://www.kickstandlodge.com/
                                1979 XS1100
                                1974 CB750
                                1985 V65 Sabre
                                1988 KLR650
                                2001 CR250

Comment

Working...
                                X