• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super8 Reservations

Super 8 Lexington

1139 Lee Highway
    Lexington, VA 24450
    (540) 463-7858

I spoke with the manager yesterday and they have reserved18 non-smoking and 12 smoking rooms under Darrell Newcomb for 27-29May11 (a computer problem wouldn’t accept XSEast 2011 - this doesn’t mean I’m buying!) The rate is $59 plus fees per night. You don’t have to reserve all three nights.

27Apr11 will be the reservation cutoff date. I expect most of us will have reserved by then. You can cancel up until 6:00PM day of check-in.

Now, I’ll have to work on some dining venues.
    Darrell
    78E
    80G project
    06FJR

Comment

• Hey Ben, we roomin again?
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

• My wife and I may be doing our BRP ride starting that weekend. If we do, we plan on riding to someplace close to the north end and then getting a room so we can start fresh when we hit the BRP. 380 miles to that Super 8 from where we are but it is close to the northern end of the BRP. Might make it part of the trip.
        So far, our trip is going to be 1640 miles in 5 days.
        Current Stable:
        1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
        1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
        1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
        1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
        WTB:
        1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
        1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

• I just fired up my XS the other day after having it on a trickle charge for a couple days. I think it started and ran better than in the summer when I'm riding it. Begining to wounder if the battery ever actually gets a full charge in the summer. Now thinking about the coil upgrade.......... Herd it makes a world of differance.

On another note I think it's pretty possible that I'll be at this meet. About 430 miles. We'll see when the time comes. I doubt I'll have the coils in by then.....
          Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
            I think it started and ran better than in the summer when I'm riding it.
            You'll find that as long as the battery is charged, these bikes seem to run really well in the cold air. Something about the density and how it affects the mixture in the engine. If you haven't yet, you may want to look at getting Geezer's Reg/Rect. It puts out a much stronger charge at lower RPMs than the OEM one.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

• My reservation is in for the weekend!!!
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

• Looks like we will be making our BRP trip the week before or after Memorial Day. Just 2 bikes so far on the 2500 mile 7 day trip we have planned. Maybe meet some of you next time around.
                Current Stable:
                1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
                1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
                1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
                1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
                WTB:
                1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
                1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

• XSEast Status

I've been dormant for most of the winter with the holidays and, like mrutah12, dealing with a family loss, my father passing away 20 Dec.

Lodging is set.

Need to do the rings on my 78E and track down the fuel leak on the 79SF.

Need to finalize the routes for Sat and Sun. Got two 200 milers mapped out.

Working on the t shirt design. Got it in my head, just need the photos to finish it out. Chris will be providing me those.

Who has the banner?
                  Darrell
                  78E
                  80G project
                  06FJR

Comment

• Planned trip

I'm planning a trip to NY state in May. I don't know now just what dates and I guess that has a lot to do with the weather then. Possibly I will be in the area for the rally. Gonna ride The Pathfinder to the East coast and back just for fun...
                    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                    Drilled airbox
                    Tkat fork brace
                    Hardly mufflers
                    late model carbs
                    Newer style fuses
                    Oil pressure guage
                    Custom security system
                    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

• I tried to reserve a room and they said no record of XS anything or Darrell Newcomb or any rooms blocked in at all for this weekend? Has something changed?
                      Gary Granger
                      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

• We're In.

Tinman and I have made plans to attend. Let us know when the hotel issue is resolved and we'll book.
                        Thx BDF
                        I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

• Super8 Reservations

I just called there and the blocks of rooms is reserved under my name, Darrell Newcomb. A number of folks have reserved them already.
                          Darrell
                          78E
                          80G project
                          06FJR

Comment

• Originally posted by newc4 View Post
                            Super 8 Lexington

1139 Lee Highway
                            Lexington, VA 24450
                            (540) 463-7858

I spoke with the manager yesterday and they have reserved18 non-smoking and 12 smoking rooms under Darrell Newcomb for 27-29May11 (a computer problem wouldn’t accept XSEast 2011 - this doesn’t mean I’m buying!) The rate is $59 plus fees per night. You don’t have to reserve all three nights.

27Apr11 will be the reservation cutoff date. I expect most of us will have reserved by then. You can cancel up until 6:00PM day of check-in.

Now, I’ll have to work on some dining venues.
                            Hi,
                            I brought this back as I had to go searching for it.
                            Like a SpeakEasy mention Darrel Newcomb and she goes off to find out if its OK to let me reserve. I now have a room reserved.
                            seee you in May
                            Phil
                            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                              Hi,
                              I brought this back as I had to go searching for it.
                              Like a SpeakEasy mention Darrel Newcomb and she goes off to find out if its OK to let me reserve. I now have a room reserved.
                              seee you in May
                              Phil
                              My ST1100 forum, which uses the same software, has all event info listed as the first post on the first page of the thread. No need to constantly search for all the reservation details etc. Can't we do the same? I know everybody would really appreciate it.
                              Probably should post this request somewhere else as well, so it gets noticed.
                              80 SG
                              81 SH in parts
                              99 ST1100
                              91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                                My ST1100 forum, which uses the same software, has all event info listed as the first post on the first page of the thread. No need to constantly search for all the reservation details etc. Can't we do the same? I know everybody would really appreciate it.
                                Probably should post this request somewhere else as well, so it gets noticed.
                                Hi DeanR,
                                Unfortunatley this thread title was started before a destination had been selected. One of the joys of a freewheling forum is that it sometimes rolls a less organised way. This can lead to a bit of inconvenience sometimes.
                                To quote Brent: It's like herding cats
                                Phil
                                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                                X