No announcement yet.

XSEast 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a separate T shirt Thread?
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
      Will there be a separate T shirt Thread?
      Hi Tom,
      Takes more than one thread of cotton to make a T shirt
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Hi Tom,
        Phil
        Thank you Phil..... I stand corrected
        Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• XSEast 2011 T shirt thread

I can do that.
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
            Hi Tom,
            Phil
            well you can but it must be a really really long thread
            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
            and SOXS
            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

• mpg

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
              Are my calculations right???

Madmax-im: 47mpg.

Brent (with a 6.1 gallon tank, guessing ): 73 mpg.

Just wondering....
              Thanks for tuning complements etc...But I usually get around 40 mpg on HD road king 88cu in. Putting at about 45 mph with a partially clogged fuel filter I got near 50 mpg. Never have achieved that range before or since. Probably downhill .

Looking forward to another great rally. And ride to it.

Brent
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• XS East

Gents - looks like I may be able to join you this year, for at least a day. Not sure I can take one of my XS's, as they are pretty much day trippers. My 79 1100 has like 126K miles on it, needs a new exhaust (cracked) has an intermittent fuel blockage, and still runs the original rear shocks. Tires may be too hard/old for a 1500 mile weekend. But I'd love to take the XS, and if I have time will try to get to it and upgrade some things. The 750 is too small to take on a long trip and is chopped/lowered 3" so my wife can ride it. SO I will ride the FJR (still a Yamaha). Was planning to loop the Cherahola skyway that weekend (Friday-Sunday), and then come back North, would love to link up with you guys Saturday night/Sunday if I can.

I co-organized the first XS East with Darrell and Will Jones in 98? It was in Pennsylvania, and remember riding the Crows Nest, and JP's motorcycle melt down, but thats about it. Also attended Toronto and West Virginia, then the Army scooped me up, 9-11 happened, and poof, it is 2011. I also think I am one of the original XS11 owners association guys (1996), can still remember the original list server and the shock to discover that I wasnt the last XS11 owner on the planet.

I recognize a few names above, but not too many others. I live near Darrell, so will keep in touch with him.
                2005 FJR 1300 "Mission" (NON ABS)
                1979 XS 1100 SF "Visitation" Owned since 1984 - SS Brake Lines, TKAT fork brace, Progressive Fork Springs.
                1978 XS 750 D "Motivation" - 9" rear custom shocks, dropped front end, shaved seat

When Caged:2006 Jeep Commander, 1986 Cutlass 442, 1976 Porsche 912E (latest project)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulldog9 View Post
                  SO I will ride the FJR (still a Yamaha). Was planning to loop the Cherahola skyway that weekend (Friday-Sunday), and then come back North, would love to link up with you guys Saturday night/Sunday if I can.
                  So I guess we'll see you adn Marty at the begining of the ride and at the end of the ride
                  Darrell
                  78E
                  80G project
                  06FJR

Comment

• Still the plan

I'm planning on getting there at least to meet some of you guys. I don't know if I'll be up for the group ride as it will be somwhere around 3000 mi at that point, but I would like to meet with you when you are all together, like maybe you have a gabfest or fix-it clinic, etc..... Gonna visit The Whiz at that time and could ride to VA on my way to Woodhull, NY. We usually do a campfire beerfest/gabfest on the West Coast rallies, cause some camp and some motel it. Let me know so I can fit it in with my scheduled trip.
                    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                    Drilled airbox
                    Tkat fork brace
                    Hardly mufflers
                    late model carbs
                    Newer style fuses
                    Oil pressure guage
                    Custom security system
                    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

• Nuttin' wrong with bringing an FJR!! We have a few FOXS that show up, "Former Owners of XS", some are on newer 21st century bikes. (TC, no krap from you on that! ) We have new Connies, sweet Tigers, lane-hoggin' 'wings, sporty-outrun-you-all-and-not-spill-my-coffee FZ1, and who knows which land yacht at the Canadians are bringing...

Oh, and Mr. 66 got your permits approved, you Canadians are allowed to travel "South of the Border" just watch your spendthrift ways we are in a recession here...

Any left coasters and folks living west of Ohio remember if you are coming to Virginia you'll need your passport to get back into the country...
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
                        Nuttin' wrong with bringing an FJR!! We have a few FOXS that show up, "Former Owners of XS", some are on newer 21st century bikes. (TC, no krap from you on that! ) We have new Connies, sweet Tigers, lane-hoggin' 'wings, sporty-outrun-you-all-and-not-spill-my-coffee FZ1, and who knows which land yacht at the Canadians are bringing...

Oh, and Mr. 66 got your permits approved, you Canadians are allowed to travel "South of the Border" just watch your spendthrift ways we are in a recession here...

Any left coasters and folks living west of Ohio remember if you are coming to Virginia you'll need your passport to get back into the country...
                        How 'bout that hi viz dude on the ST1100?
                        1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                        2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

• It's still up in the air for me... SWMBO is a teacher and her last day of school is that Friday. She has to pack up her classroom (read: I have to pack up her classroom) before summer, and they don't give much time after the last day to do that. If they allow her to go back the day after Memorial Day, I'll be at the rally. If not, I have to stay home and help her pack... I'm hoping for another errant snow day (doesn't take much around here) to push the last day of school out one more day! Unfortunately, temps are on the rise, and it hasn't been below freezing since last weekend.
                          Last edited by CatatonicBug; 04-01-2011, 09:11 AM.
                          1980 XS850SG - Sold
                          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                          -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by xsroadrunner View Post
                            You must mean Ben. Good dude.
                            Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

• Originally posted by xsroadrunner View Post
                              Thats BNE I expect he will be there in his "Glaring Green" outfit. Probably on the ST Hope so he owes me a beer
                              Phil
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
                                You must mean Ben. Good dude.
                                Ah Leonardo are you planning to join us? There will be beer and bull**** after the ride
                                Phil
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                                X