Pics are in reverse order...never seem to get this right on PB
    1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
    2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Never A Dull Moment With Gary C

Originally posted by hamjam View Post
      Hi boys and girls
      just talked to Gary C on the phone
      I really want to hear more about his "off road excursion" he didn't really say much about it other than he did AND his tire blew on the QEW less than 100 miles from home . CAA comes through with a tow to Rosie Toes Bike shop (great guy and place ) new tires a couple of adjustments and he's back on the road He wanted me to let you know about this and to emphasize that such behaviour can lead to compromised tires .... you all know that Gary grew up with dirt bikes ...most of which had no brakes how did he end up where he did ??
      he also wanted to say thanks and he had a great time seeing you guys again.

I of course wish I could have been there as well but as the saying goes stuff happens . or words to that effect , this is a family show ...right ?
      stay well have a good time but be careful out there
      Jim
      Strange... Gary and I parted company at 50 Rd. in Grimsby. He was going like hell in the fast lane when I last saw him. The man is hardcore.
      Did he happen to mention the Alarms in Altoona ? I'm guessing we won't be allowed back there again.
      Thanks to all involved with the Rally. It was a blast. The roads are built for bikes.
      Thx BDF
      I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

• Rman, Deb took a lot of pictures. That was quite a ride!
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• out of hand

Yes, she likes to take pictures. I do not mind as I get to look back and see the things that I missed during the ride. I am seeing a progression. XSEAST 09 she had 119 photos, XSEAST 10 she had 229, and now XSEAST 11 she has over 300.

And these do not include the ones that she took that did not turn out. I am very happy that we are in the digital age of photography.

I included the links to her past photos if anyone wanted to recollect the last two rallies.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...20East%202009/

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...20East%202010/
          Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
          Owner of:
          1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
          140 mains
          45 pilot jets
          Floats at 24mm
          Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

• http://photobucket.com/xseast2011
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

• Looks like y'all had a good time.

I recognise that one ol' hillbilly ridin' that Buell with the black duct tape on the bags. That threshing machine actually made it all the way there?

The real tall guy looks familiar too.

I see Ted made it.

I hope to make that rally one year soon.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• did anyone ride out to this from bainbridge, ny? eastern NY?
                Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
                Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

• Hey there G15,

Gary and Dena come from Mexico, NY, does that count??

T.C. the tall fellow.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Yeah, a couple of them escaped before we got the gates closed again...

Gary and Dena
                    Dean Robbins

Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                      Hey there G15,

Gary and Dena come from Mexico, NY, does that count??

T.C. the tall fellow.
                      Mexico, NY is actually out near Lake Ontario...i'd say thats midwest...but its only a couple hrs away so i guess thats close...i just saw the bainbridge '05 T-shirt and was wondering if anyone actually came from there because its only about 15min from where my house is in NY that i will be moving back to in July!
                      Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
                      Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

• Yes, we have a member from Bainbridge. I expect him down here for the fall rally.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

• All the way there & back

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          Looks like y'all had a good time.

I recognise that one ol' hillbilly ridin' that Buell with the black duct tape on the bags. That threshing machine actually made it all the way there?

The real tall guy looks familiar too.

I see Ted made it.

I hope to make that rally one year soon.

Yes, buell bike made it all the way there & back to GA. Custom color matched duct tape held up in heavy rain miles in NC. Wire dry spray sealed speedometer and turn signal switch, preventing a recurrance of fogging and comtinuous flashing I experienced the week before. Going to the rally was well worth the trip.

Brent in GA
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            spray sealed speedometer and turn signal switch, preventing a recurrance of fogging and comtinuous flashing I experienced the week before. Brent in GA
                            Good, with that turn signal flashing all the time it looked like one of thse old farts in a Lincoln that constantly has the turn signal on because they forgot.

At least you didn't have the brake lights on while you were accellerating.
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Finally home, Saturday June 11, 5:30 after some good detours and a little job related work - 4852km

Great trip, good times and the threatening rain held off until I got to my driveway.

Thanks to Darrel and Chris for Organizing

Ted and Heather

Comment

• HI
                                Deb and I had to skip this year,s rally. Were still here in Bainbridge N.Y, looking foward to the next one. Look us up when u get back.

XSively
                                Bruce
                                Bruce Gerken
                                '79 XS1100SF
                                "The Black"
                                '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                                The Red Sled.
                                St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Working...
                                X