No announcement yet.

XSEast 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep over in Vienna VA.....tour of DC, off to PA next....picture of the crew....

Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

• Pam and I made it home shortly after 10:30pm. First gas stop was a little early because I picked up a couple of short tank guys. So gas in Breezewood. It was a stop and close to lunch time so we stop a truck stop Perkins.
      (BAD FOOD SLOW SERVICE) Don't go there!

Stop for a pee break a cool down at a rest stop somewhere near Snowshoe on I 80

Next gas stop was in Bradford PA, and some more to eat in Ellicottville NY and another cool down.

Then 50 kms from home I got a some more gas. I suppose I could have made it using the reserve but now I almost have a full tank to first off on a new adventure.

Total kilometers home 1120

Thanks all that showed up Great group!

Thanks to Darrell, for beeing a great host his Son Chris for preriding the routes and Marty for leading us around and around.
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Home at 10 last night and conked out. Great to see everyone as always. Thanks Darrell, Chris, Marty and Sally for another fun Memorial Day weekend!
        80 SG
        81 SH in parts
        99 ST1100
        91 ST1100

Comment

• Memories

This seems like a dream. Is it over already? Months of planning fini? Too bad it can’t go a bit longer. But that’s what makes this event so special. Every year the magic begins on Memorial Day. The week before we make our final preparations and the anticipation builds. We meet, ride, repair bikes, catch up and pick up conversations where we left them the previous year. Whether its heat, cold, rain or hypothermia the warmth of our gathering grows each year. For me and for some of us, this is a must do.
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

• Home about 7:30 last night (Monday) good ride. Finally get a long range tanked bike and team up with a "Special" We stopped here there and everywhere that was a 100 miles from our last stop it was very hot so needed the breaks anyway. Thanks for the company Tinman.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Was great seeing everyone, reacquainting with old friends and making new ones, I had to head out Sunday AM, took 11 up to 56 (great road), then to the BRPW/Skyline Drive up to 66 and back home - Total mileage for weekend was 1601 miles. Thanks Darrell & Chris for putting it all together. Hopefully wont be another 10 years till I make another XS event. Next time will be on my XS! glad to see so many got home safe and sound.

I really enjoyed seeing and meeting the group, glad to see it grow! Did anyone count the number ant type of bikes? Quite a variety!
              2005 FJR 1300 "Mission" (NON ABS)
              1979 XS 1100 SF "Visitation" Owned since 1984 - SS Brake Lines, TKAT fork brace, Progressive Fork Springs.
              1978 XS 750 D "Motivation" - 9" rear custom shocks, dropped front end, shaved seat

When Caged:2006 Jeep Commander, 1986 Cutlass 442, 1976 Porsche 912E (latest project)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulldog9 View Post
                Was great seeing everyone, reacquainting with old friends and making new ones, I had to head out Sunday AM, took 11 up to 56 (great road), then to the BRPW/Skyline Drive up to 66 and back home - Total mileage for weekend was 1601 miles. Thanks Darrell & Chris for putting it all together. Hopefully wont be another 10 years till I make another XS event. Next time will be on my XS! glad to see so many got home safe and sound.

I really enjoyed seeing and meeting the group, glad to see it grow! Did anyone count the number ant type of bikes? Quite a variety!
                8 XS11s'...2 Gold wings...2 Kawasaki Concours...4 FJR1300s'...2 Harleys...2 ST1100s'...1 FZR 600...and a FZR1000...2 Venture Royal Stars a Honda Magna 1100 and a Triumph Tiger 1050...I think thats most everyone...off the top of my head.
                1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by xsroadrunner View Post
                  8 XS11s'...2 Gold wings...2 Kawasaki Concours...4 FJR1300s'...2 Harleys...2 ST1100s'...1 FZR 600...and a FZR1000...2 Venture Royal Stars a Honda Magna 1100 and a Triumph Tiger 1050...I think thats most everyone...off the top of my head.
                  Oh yes how could i fergit one Buell sport-touring bike Modified by Brent
                  1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                  2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Hi boys and girls
                    just talked to Gary C on the phone
                    I really want to hear more about his "off road excursion" he didn't really say much about it other than he did AND his tire blew on the QEW less than 100 miles from home . CAA comes through with a tow to Rosie Toes Bike shop (great guy and place ) new tires a couple of adjustments and he's back on the road He wanted me to let you know about this and to emphasize that such behaviour can lead to compromised tires .... you all know that Gary grew up with dirt bikes ...most of which had no brakes how did he end up where he did ??
                    he also wanted to say thanks and he had a great time seeing you guys again.

I of course wish I could have been there as well but as the saying goes stuff happens . or words to that effect , this is a family show ...right ?
                    stay well have a good time but be careful out there
                    Jim
                    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                    and SOXS
                    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

• Well, I can answer to this directly since I was behind him at the time of his little off road adventure. In fact, any time there has been an incident at XSEast, I have been directly behind the unlucky one. I'm beginning to wonder. Anywhoo, Gary took a tight turn a little wide and I believe he fixated on that little white line that marks the end of the pavement and for most, a bad ending to a nice little ride. In true dirter fashion, he hit the throttle instead of braking as I, and probably others would have done and pulled out of that ditch beautifully. Jim, you would have been proud of him and your old bike.
                      We all missed you hamjam, and look forward to seeing you at next years rally!
                      Mark

Comment

• Picture with Banner

I didn't bring a camera on the trip
                        Could someone post a a picture of the group that was taken with the XS Banner.

Rick
                        XS1100F TKAT fork brace Stock suspension. Vetter Fairing. Pingel Petcocks. Geezer voltage regulator
                        http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3026.jpg
                        650SF
                        http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF2647.jpg
                        XS1100SG Project bike
                        http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3034.jpg

Comment

• XS's in a row @ Dan Ingalis Overlook

XS1100F TKAT fork brace Stock suspension. Vetter Fairing. Pingel Petcocks. Geezer voltage regulator
                          http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3026.jpg
                          650SF
                          http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF2647.jpg
                          XS1100SG Project bike
                          http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3034.jpg

Comment

• Debs photos from the 2011 XS east rally

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...%20Rockbridge/
                            Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                            Owner of:
                            1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                            140 mains
                            45 pilot jets
                            Floats at 24mm
                            Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

• Ted and Heather not home yet.

Interesting bit of gravel road with Brent

Been to the South end of the BRP and back to Asheville, 1 night in Maggie Valley (museum closed on Tuesdays) 25 to the 75, 1 night in Richmond, KY from Richmond, the 68, 62 a short time on the 71, then a slower and windier 42 to the 301 and and now in Elyria, OH.

A little fast on the 301, but only got a warning, no ticket.

Comment

• Dena and I got home about 3pm yesterday...a great rally and a slow ride home made for a great week off. Thanks to everyone who made it happen especially Darrell & Chris for hosting and Marty for leading the rides and helping to tweak the routes.

Special thanks to Marty and Sally, Darrell and family, and Ralph and Rochelle for allowing us to stay with them on this trip, and treating us just like family (maybe better!)
                                Gary Granger
                                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X