Clear All

Originally posted by madbiker View Post
    lets make this move
    OK, I need one XL long sleeve in blue.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scrapvalue View Post
      Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum, but I spend a lot of time in N. Carolina when ever I get a chance.
      Check out the Kickstand Lodge as a place to hold a ride or rally.
      It is just 12 miles from the Fontana Dam and about 22 miles from the Dragons Tail.
      Althought the Dragons Tail is a cool little piece of rosd, it is only the tip of the iceburg.
      Besides some of the best roads in the country, the Kickstand is an awesome spot to hold your event.
      Mo, the owner is a great women and will treat you better then you deserve.
      You won't leave there hungry or thirsty!
      She has camping cabins, a bunk house and plenty of tent space.
      Anyway, if any of you are riding through that area, stop in and say hello to Mo.

I will be stopping by for a few days the first part of November on my way down to Florida.

http://www.kickstandlodge.com/
      Wow what a nice campground.This place looks a whole lot more accomodating than Moonshine Creek in Balsam NC. Which is where I stayed recently for a Honda event.

Comment

Originally posted by scrapvalue View Post

Mo, the owner is a great women and will treat you better then you deserve.
        You won't leave there hungry or thirsty!

http://www.kickstandlodge.com/
        Does this mean theres a restaurant in a lodge? looking at the website I dont see any reference to one.

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD View Post
          Does this mean theres a restaurant in a lodge? looking at the website I dont see any reference to one.

The name is a little misleading.
          There are small cabins for 1 or 2 people. 2 larger cabins that will accomadate 4 or 5 and a bunk house that sleeps 6 or 8.
          All the cabins come with fresh clean sheets and blankets.
          There are lots of camping sites and a lot of them are right along the river.
          The river running by your tent, naks for some mighty good sleeping.
          Probably the cleanest bathrooms you will ever find at a campground.
          There is a pile of clean towels in there for your use.
          There is also a washer and dryer to.
          It has a outside, covered cooking and setting set up.
          Mo puts on a great evening meal.
          There is a nice big fire pit for the evning BS session.
          You can have your own fire at your site, but it is way more fun to hang out with everyone around a big ol fire at night.
          There is normally a big pile of fire wood there to burn.
          There is a big commercial coffe maker that is always set to go in the morning.
          First one up hits the button and usually tiurns on the grill,(like the ones at Waffle house).
          There are always eggs, potatoes, breakfast meat and left over from the night before to make breakfast out of.
          This is all on a donation set up. It is like no other campground I have ever been to.
          When the meals are over, everyone usually helps clean up.
          Mo will ask everyone who is around if they will be back for the evening meal and tells you what it will be.
          There is a nice big grill there and if you have a specialty you like to cook, she will buy the stuff needed during the day and it will be there when you get back from your ride.
          I do a lot of grilling well I am there, also breakfasts.
          It is a great way to meet people and share your ride storys and make new friends.
          Anyway, this is no "KOA". Very personal and only one rule, "Don't piss off Mo"!
          Once you go there, you will want to go back.
          Don't worry, it takes a lot to piss Mo off!

Oh ya, there is always a cold Beer or pop waiting for you when you get there.

If you get a chance to stop by, tell her "relia-Bill" said hello.
          1979 XS1100
          1974 CB750
          1985 V65 Sabre
          1988 KLR650
          2001 CR250

Comment

NC is nice but look what section this is the the northeast sec there is a rally In NC every fall. This Rally is generally held from Va. or north. My vote goes to Va. with Darrell. N.C. is to far that early in the year for a lot of the people in the northeast.
            Ralph

Comment

Darrell has taken the initiative for the 2011 XSEast event so it will be in VA as Ralph states.

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD View Post
                Darrell has taken the initiative for the 2011 XSEast event so it will be in VA as Ralph states.
                Somebody die and leave you in charge newbie?
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                  Careful who you call a newbie...... There is always someone that is older and knows more than the next person.
                  Tom
                  2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                  gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

I'm just stating a point that this xseast northeast . It could be northeast Maine. N.C. and the GA. area has a fall ride every fall. The BRP is nice Ride, but the Speed limitis 45 and a moving rally takes a lot of planning, and this group likes to ride up and down the side of mountians really fast. and drink really hard after, right bourbon man.

newbie==Join Date: Aug 2010

old Ship==Join Date: Aug 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by mastan View Post
                      OK, I need one XL long sleeve in blue.
                      Thanks

Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• VA works for me.
                        Might follow it up with the BRP ride then come back via Knoxville and I-75.
                        Current Stable:
                        1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
                        1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
                        1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
                        1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
                        WTB:
                        1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
                        1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

• Hotels

Looking at Expedia the local HoJos and the Super 8 runs about $67 to $70 a night. I don't recall any camping being in the immediate area. I'll be down there on Nov 6 tailgating at VMI so I can look into blocking out some rooms.
                          Darrell
                          78E
                          80G project
                          06FJR

Comment

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                            Pushy type aint ya? Careful or I reveal my alter ego... BTW I dont hear you or anyone else stepping up to the plate to take this on...Darrell has so its a given...Thats just a fact son.
                            Last edited by NYPD; 10-21-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD View Post
                              Pushy type aint ya? Careful or I reveal my alter ego... BTW I dont hear you or anyone else stepping up to the plate to take this on...Darrell has so its a given...Thats just a fact son.
                              I hear ya pops. Glad he is stepping up. You know I'm just a slacker
                              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                              1981 LH

Comment

• wheree we at on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X