No announcement yet.

XSEast 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke with Super8 Motel this weekend. Said the manager is out all this week. I speak with her next week when she returns.

I asked about getting 30 rooms for the Memorial Day weekend. Doesn't seem to be a problem. They do provide motorcycle group rates. Expedia cost for that weekend is $67 a night so I expect something less.

Location is right off the I-64 ramp and a short walk from WalMart.
    Darrell
    78E
    80G project
    06FJR

Comment

• Sounds good! Exactly 700 miles from my place, and a direct shot along I-64 the whole way! I just need to convince SWMBO that it's a good idea.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

• Is there a town or city near this off ramp?
        Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
          Is there a town or city near this off ramp?
          East Lexington, VA
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Is there a town or city near this off ramp?
            HHey Tom,
            It's off I 64 beside the WalMArt. Oh there is more than one WalMart so i guess we do need a town.
            Vienna VA was mentioned a few posts back. Gotta love a mystery

Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Darrell posted this

Lexington VA XSEast 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd be happy to host this event in/near Lexington VA at the junction of I81/I64, if the group is onboard with it. This will be the last year my son, Chris, can attend on "DeerHunter". Some of the roads have been traveled in previous XSEasts but there's be quite a lot of member turnover since the last WV event so for most it should be new.

Marty and Mark have been exploring S Ohio so I think those are the two leading options.

Can we put a poll into a current thread?

this i think is where Darrell lives

Vienna VA was mentioned a few posts back. Gotta love a mystery

Ralph

Comment

• Lexington VA . Easy enough to find on the map. Long time since i visited the Shenandoah (sp) Valley area. Looks like a good location to me.
                Civil War battle fields and the Blue Ridge. Soak up a bit of history.
                When do we get to vote?
                Phil
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• you missed it

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                    Lexington VA .When do we get to vote?
                    Phil
                    And I thought I missed something.... it appears others have as well.

No vote .... just go!
                    Tom

Comment

• I didn't realize the BlueRidge Parkway was so close! And a section I haven't rode on before.
                      Tom

Comment

• is that a bad thing Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by madbiker View Post
                          is that a bad thing Tom

Not at all! LOL
                          Tom

Comment

Not at all! LOL
                            Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
                            And I thought I missed something.... it appears others have as well.

No vote .... just go!
                            Is this a plan coming together
                            When will the Rally Master make an appearance on this thread ??
                            Phil
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Here's something to chew on over the weekend. I posted jpegs and docs of the routes over on the Yahoo groups sites under the folder XSEast 2011. Have to be registered.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...XSEast%202011/

The missus is out of town for the weekend. She has some sites I can do the url thing from but she's kinda touchy about them so I'd like her to post them.

The tentative routes plotted are a bit over 200 miles through some real picturesque Virginia backroads. I'm staying off the BRP since of its low speed limits and rigorous enforcement.

For the west route there's not alot of food or gas out that way. Will have to be diligent about finding the food and gas stops.

The Bedford route will take us by the Natl DDay Memorial - thought that would be worth seeing. Maybe dine at the Pink Cadillac. Natural Bridge is a possibility, though its a bit of a tourist trap. Folks can elect to go there, its right where the I-81 shield is.

And it you're feeling frisky we could hike up Big Butt or House Mtn. Would be fun in motorcycle boots and leathers.

I'll talk to the Super8 manager next week about lodging.

Also working on the t shirt design once I figure where we're going.

So, yes, Phil, the plan is coming together.
                              Darrell
                              78E
                              80G project
                              06FJR

Comment

• Looks good Darrell.
                                I love it when a plan comes together
                                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                                1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X