XSEast 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanhump View Post
    Some poor spelling and grammatical errors. I hit submit instead of preview.
    No biggie...were not in skool no mo
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Va?

Originally posted by vanhump View Post
      This Natural Bridge area is not all that far from me. Although the village of NB only has the Natural Bridge hotel, it has quite a few rooms but is a lilltle on the expensive side. However it is only about 10 minutes from Lexington, and there are plenty of motels there, and lots of resturauants. It is also only about 30 min to Roanoke. For 2 days of riding you could go 60 south to appomatax battlefields, to the D'day memorial at Bedford to the Parkway either up 43 from Bedford or west on 460 to near Foanoke and then the parkway back to 60. You would be going by the Peaks of Otter and the Peaks resuarant. Another day would be 39 through the goshen pass to 220 and there either 220 to 250 t0 219 or 39 all the way thru Marlinton and the Skyway, whose scenery to me is better than the parkway and goes to Cranberry Glades another scenic area . then several routes back to the Natural Bridge ,and Lexington area.
      A beautiful area, but better plan fuel stops.

Ben & I rode some interesting roads in the George Washington Nat Forrest & then the Thomas Jefferson Nat Forrest. 220 then Maybe 215, 216, 219?? I know we left from PA & came back to civilization & fuel just west of Roanoake. It looked like a good Short Cut...I was not lost, just going the wrong way into an unexpected town, so small it had no gas station, low on fuel...249 miles on one tank full... never came close to that before. My "5 gallon" tank took 5.24 gallons to fill. It was an adventure.

My recommendation is to hold the rally close to Conneticut. I heard Russ intends to ride all the way to XS2011 to present an award. Then again, it might not be too far for him to ride if it was in Colorado. But it would not be xsEAST there.

Brent
      It is a great big beautiful world out there
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
        A beautiful area, but better plan fuel stops.

Ben & I rode some interesting roads in the George Washington Nat Forrest & then the Thomas Jefferson Nat Forrest. 220 then Maybe 215, 216, 219?? I know we left from PA & came back to civilization & fuel just west of Roanoake. It looked like a good Short Cut...I was not lost, just going the wrong way into an unexpected town, so small it had no gas station, low on fuel...249 miles on one tank full... never came close to that before. My "5 gallon" tank took 5.24 gallons to fill. It was an adventure.

My recommendation is to hold the rally close to Conneticut. I heard Russ intends to ride all the way to XS2011 to present an award. Then again, it might not be too far for him to ride if it was in Colorado. But it would not be xsEAST there.

Brent
        Indeed that was abit close...those backroads thru the Nat'l forest were cool...but the signage was not that good...we were not lost...true...just going the opposite direction that we intended...and we got caught in the rain...I admit i was getting a little anxious ...but when we went to finally fill up i still had close to 3 gallons...If Brent had run out I could have tranferred some of my gas to his tank..now that I have had time to think abt it.
        From this time forward I will always bring a hose or siphon kit just for such emergencies...Live and learn
        Last edited by madmax-im; 06-12-2010, 06:27 AM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Are my calculations right???

Madmax-im: 47mpg.

Brent (with a 6.1 gallon tank, guessing ): 73 mpg.

Just wondering....
          Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

Fuzzy Math

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
            Are my calculations right???

Madmax-im: 47mpg.

Brent (with a 6.1 gallon tank, guessing ): 73 mpg.

Just wondering....
            Brent's tank= 5 gals
            My Tank= 7.2 gals
            According to what Brent said above he gets 50 mpg
            My mileage is similar
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

WOW...I think that is pretty AWESOME!

Way to go guys, on tuning those girls right in there!!!
              Last edited by Flatlander; 06-15-2010, 04:38 AM. Reason: And I did have you two switched around in my first post...oops.
              Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
                WOW...I think that is pretty AWESOME!

Way to go guys, on tuning those girls right in there!!!
                Hey Brandon...I dunno about Brent's bike but with mine it doesnt seem to matter if i am doing 80 on the slabs or or 40 on back roads I still get close to 50 mpg. Not bad for a V4 and 730lb bike unloaded. I can get a range of over 300 miles per tank but I usually stop before that and fill up. My XJ gets about 35-40 mpg
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Oh ya that's right BNE......you can't play this game .
                  And by the way............What's BNE? Just kiddin
                  Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

Brandon...LMAOooo...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

So then it is settled!

South East Ohio
                      Tom
                      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Settled? I didnt hear anyone step up and say they will organize this...yet
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          Settled? I didnt hear anyone step up and say they will organize this...yet
                          Hey Ben I understand why you might not have heard..

Maybe you didn't hear yourself stepping up??
                          Marty in NW PA
                          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                          This IS my happy face.

Comment

The results of a poll I saw said Ben was the host and we were going to Southeast Ohio....
                            Tom
                            2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                            gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

the one I saw had Brent and the Blueridge in the lead but that was before xsnorth.
                              Ralph

Comment

If its Ohio then it would be best to find someone with local knowledge and that precludes me. If i t were in NC then I'd be inclined to help but I'm making no claim to being the main dis-organizer...
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X