XSEast 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news...

SWMBO has informed me that my chances of attending XS East have just fallen dramatically... Our A/C has died, and the cage needs new tires and a windshield. This on top of an already tight financial situation has us feeling the strain. I'm still holding out a little hope, but there's a good chance I won't be able to make it.

So, DeanR, I'll let you know for sure in the next couple of days, but you may want to look for another roomie.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
      SWMBO has informed me that my chances of attending XS East have just fallen dramatically... Our A/C has died, and the cage needs new tires and a windshield. This on top of an already tight financial situation has us feeling the strain. I'm still holding out a little hope, but there's a good chance I won't be able to make it.

So, DeanR, I'll let you know for sure in the next couple of days, but you may want to look for another roomie.
      Sorry you cant make it Bug...but taking care of the home front has priority. Was looking forward to meeting ya. Maybe next year. And Dean...i think Brent has space for a roomie...
      1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
      2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by xsroadrunner View Post
        Sorry you cant make it Bug...but taking care of the home front has priority. Was looking forward to meeting ya. Maybe next year. And Dean...i think Brent has space for a roomie...
        Is that right Brent, you have a spot?
        80 SG
        81 SH in parts
        99 ST1100
        91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          Davinci,
          Good luck on winning lottery & attending Rally. I like to meet new folks. I do miss some of my old friends.

TC, I have a regular 2- bed non smoking room. You are welcome to share it with me. (I do like to save money & I cannot sleep in 2 beds at once)

Rally soon. That is some beautiful country... mountain roads...Looking forward with gleeful anticipation
          Dean..TC has his own room so it would appear Brent still needs a roomie...check your PMs'
          1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
          2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Hey, they said all i needed was a dollar and a dream...I got the dream
            Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

• Hi Guys guyettes and ....
              due to some medical issues I will not be attending XS East camp with you guys
              Nothing major, just much too tired and some travel restrictions from the Doc. still trying to get my meds straightened out, although I enjoy a good kink every once in a while, Im not exactly stable at the moment but I forsee XS N as being ok
              So Have fun you guys ,be careful and I will miss the ride and the company
              Jim
              Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
              Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
              and SOXS
              2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

• Big Empty

Looking forward to seeing you again Plane Dick, Have not seen you since i was at the XS11 rally in South Lake Tahoe several years ago. Quite a ride for you, crossing the 'Big Empty' and all.quote Brent

Brent,
                Crossing the "Big Empty"? As I recall you did it to come to our left coast rally! Maybe they will give me an award for the person traveling farthest to the rally!!!!!
                You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                Drilled airbox
                Tkat fork brace
                Hardly mufflers
                late model carbs
                Newer style fuses
                Oil pressure guage
                Custom security system
                Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

• Originally posted by planedick View Post
                  Looking forward to seeing you again Plane Dick, Have not seen you since i was at the XS11 rally in South Lake Tahoe several years ago. Quite a ride for you, crossing the 'Big Empty' and all.quote Brent

Brent,
                  Crossing the "Big Empty"? As I recall you did it to come to our left coast rally! Maybe they will give me an award for the person traveling farthest to the rally!!!!!
                  In years past there have been awards of that nature...theres also the harley award which is given to the attendee that has trailered their bike the furthest...
                  1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                  2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Hey Catatonic,

Sorry to hear you may be "buggin" out on this ! But yep, home comes first!

Thanks for hosting the GPS files. I wasn't sure if I could use them with my pathetic little TomTomXL, but lo and behold, a little research and I found out that I could IF the files could be in their *.itn (itenerary file format). Further research found a modest little program written by a guy in Sweden/Denmark...somewhere in that region, called ITNConvert 1.78

Here's a download link/page....hover over the gray download button just above/below the ITN Convert name....they have other DOWNLOAD here buttons, but they are for other "CRAP"!

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/...onverter.shtml

This converter supports a wide variety of GPS formats!

I installed it, then ran it, opened up the GPX file, then it already selected the TomTom HOME format for the conversion/output....it opened up my TomTom application, had me connect my TomTomGPS to the computer, then let me SAVE the files to the GPS unit directly. Then I just operated the GPS, selected Itenerary planning and Options, imported...and both Saturday and Sunday's rides were there to choose from!

Hopefully Dean, Brent, and I can get together to figure out the best room arrangements, my room is a SINGLE, but had PM'd Brent, and was planning on going in with him, but I could keep my single, let Dean go in with Brent, and Dean could release his double to the hotel/Public.?

Hey Roadrunner, yes, I recognize you after reading some other of your posts!

HamJam, sorry to hear, but you gotta keep up your health!
                    T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• TC, will that program convert Garmin files to MS Streets and Trips? The description given is pretty minimal. I don't use GPS and seems that routes are usually posted as .gdb so I need to convert to .est.

Yep, I gotta get the room thing figured out although haven't yet heard for sure from Bug.
                      80 SG
                      81 SH in parts
                      99 ST1100
                      91 ST1100

Comment

• Dean - PM sent.

Yeah, I officially won't be attending this year. Makes me really upset, since I had been really looking forward to meeting all of you. Maybe next year...
                        1980 XS850SG - Sold
                        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                        -H. Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by hamjam View Post
                          Hi Guys guyettes and ....
                          due to some medical issues I will not be attending XS East camp...
                          Take it easy big guy! There will always be another rally. We'll see you soon!
                          Marty in NW PA
                          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                          This IS my happy face.

Comment

• With Bug not being able to attend, I have my room to fill. Anyone need a bed?
                            80 SG
                            81 SH in parts
                            99 ST1100
                            91 ST1100

Comment

• Hey Dean,

Yes, just checked it, and it says/shows that the *.est is one of the file formats it converts into, just not sure which version of S&T?
                              T.C.

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                              TC, will that program convert Garmin files to MS Streets and Trips? The description given is pretty minimal. I don't use GPS and seems that routes are usually posted as .gdb so I need to convert to .est.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Outa here

Leaving this morning as the weatherman says it will be raining tomorrow. Anyone wanting to check my progress can call me @ 714 420-6711. I have a Blinc-1 sterio bluetooth in my helmet so I can talk and ride...
                                You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                                Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                                Drilled airbox
                                Tkat fork brace
                                Hardly mufflers
                                late model carbs
                                Newer style fuses
                                Oil pressure guage
                                Custom security system
                                Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...