XSEast 2009 - IDEAS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ rider

Thanks. My bike needs the fellowship. Once I rebuild the carbs, and everything is working OK, I will seek out fellow XS11 riders. I appreciate the rapid responses.

Johnny Rocket
    forxtradr@yahoo.com
    John Rosko, Riding for Jesus! Make Him Lord of your life!

Comment

Lancaster sucks to many damn Amish around with their horse's .
      Ralph the Madbiker

Comment

Horsin' around

Hey, MadBiker,

What, you don't like sneaking up on them, and blasting your FIAAMs and revving your engine? Makes for an exciting afternoon for the poor Amish, who need some excitement.

Johnny Rocket

Comment

Horsin' around

MadBiker,

Watch out for those road apples! Especially after you scare the horse!

Johnny Rocket

Comment

Central Joisey

Hey man I am down here in Central NJ...3 miles from exit 7A off the NJTPK.At the moment neither one of my Yammies is on the road,but I still have my ST1100.I'd be up for some local riding..daytripping...but not threatening the locals... LOL.Once I get my '81 Special's brakes done then I'll want to ride/meet up with some other local XSives.
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ask any body at XSeast this year if my bike will scare any thing its quiet as a mouse ,right guys?
              Ralph the Madbiker
              96 Royal Star with 4 straight pipes
              Last edited by madbiker; 06-09-2008, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Life in the Past Lane

Once I get my carbbies back together, and fix some little problems caused by the gas running all over when the petcocks gave way, I will set up something for us to meet somewhere in the middle. I would like to replace my brake lines with stainless steel, and polish my side engine covers in the near future.

I look forward to meeting you and other XSers this summer!

Johnny Rocket

At least we can still work on these old bikes without a $5,000 computer!

Is there a way to attach a picture of my bike to this?

Comment

Originally posted by madbiker
                  Ask any body at XSeast this year if my bike will scare any thing its quiet as a mouse ,right guys?
                  Ralph the Madbiker
                  i knew something was up when everybody riding behind ralph was putting ear plugs in. no its not that loud...WHAT
                  80 xs1100G

Comment

Originally posted by earl G
                    i knew something was up when everybody riding behind ralph was putting ear plugs in. no its not that loud...WHAT
                    I knew something was up when I tried to get other riders ahead of me and no one took me up ...they just waved me on..LOL...I was right behind Ralph..I didn't need no stinkin earplugs...life begins at 90...dbs!So what was that???
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That Wasn't a Harley?

Originally posted by madbiker
                      Ralph the Madbiker
                      Jeez that was one loud bike...I never really looked closely at it...I just assumed from the sound that it was a H-D...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Re: Life in the Past Lane

Originally posted by JRocket
                        Once I get my carbbies back together, and fix some little problems caused by the gas running all over when the petcocks gave way, I will set up something for us to meet somewhere in the middle. I would like to replace my brake lines with stainless steel, and polish my side engine covers in the near future.

I look forward to meeting you and other XSers this summer!

Johnny Rocket

At least we can still work on these old bikes without a $5,000 computer!

Is there a way to attach a picture of my bike to this?
                        You've got a $5k computer?LOL...If you wanna have pics here you have to load them to some free site like photobucket then when you post a thread there are icons above the box to insert an image...then you have to type the URL in the box that pops up.HTH
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

OK enough with the hijack!!

Take a look around your area. Think of places you have been. Rural but not remote? Not too crowded? Good selection of roads? Decent motel / restaurant? Frequent gas stations?

We should have a decision by August 1. We need a few good ideas focusing on specific areas so we can decide:
                          Examples:
                          Athens, OH
                          Adirondacks, NY
                          Somerset, PA
                          Rutland, VT
                          Elkins, WV

These are suggestions on how to post your idea of a good place to consider. Remember good roads, good eating and sleeping, gas stations spaced within 60-90 miles for the Specials, good roads, rural is better, more rural is more better, good roads.
                          Marty in NW PA
                          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Lake George Area

Towns around the Lake george area like Glens Falls,NY...offer lots of choices in accomodations and plenty of restaurants,gas etc...I have been told the roads around this region are beautiful too...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

We were in New York last year . I vote western Pa. Only ,because I think its got some nice roads and places to see Flight 93's resting place, Falling waters if you want to see a Frank Loyd Wright house and, The mine rescue site at Quecreek. Among other things
                              Ralph the Madbiker

Comment

Well at this point I will just defer to the majority if one is ever determined...by Aug???I will be going no matter where its at...
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X