No announcement yet.

XSEast 2009 - IDEAS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jimmy Its me Bennie(BNE) you know that funny dude with the hearing aids..LOL...huh?Had a great time talking with you at dinner Sat.nite...just remember not to talk with your hands full
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

So what your saying is Canada is better mid-late summer?
      Ralph

Comment

I favor SE Ohio. If the roads are like those in WVA you can't do much better than that.

Darrell
        Darrell
        78E
        80G project
        06FJR

Comment

No matter where, I can't do Memorial Day '09, 4th of July will be a three-day, let's do that. '05 in Bainbridge we celebrated Canada Day and 4th of July combined.

Comment

Sounds as though you're leaning towards North of the border...but has there ever been a rally in the New England states???
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Cariboo Maine, Bill and Tina had one in 2003.
              Doug Mitchell
              82 XJ1100 sold
              2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
              2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
              1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
              47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Ben,

At this time I don't think we're leanining toward anything, just knocking around ideas. Sooner or later someone will announce draft plans, then we'll have something!

As far as New England, does NY count? We had Bainbridge, NY in '05 and Mexico, NY in '07.

Comment

Vermont/New Hampshire Border

Since New England hasn't really been mentioned....

There are spots up along the border here that are gorgeous. HWMBO could draw up a ton of really pretty routes, with gas at appropriate intervals-Remember, he rides a HD! That means he knows where to find gas and food!-. I could ask him for suggestions, and map somethings out here.
                  Very quaint, very pretty, nice food, nice people, slow traffic-is you see any at all-on quiet country roads. Can get anywhere from here on back roads. Lots of hills, lakes, winding-not too bad-roads, the shade trees over the pavement, warm days, cool nights....Ahhhhh!!
                  Just my 2 cents...
                  It is sort of centered between the groups, and no passports required.
                  80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
                  79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

The saying goes....

If you build it, they will come!

Comment

2002 was in upper NH. Quite alot of traffic I recall. Though I found the middle of Vermont had some nice roads and no traffic.

Darrell
                      Darrell
                      78E
                      80G project
                      06FJR

Comment

Well .. Ottawa is the capital of Canada and there are lots and lots of lodging options outside of town and lots and lots of very nice scenic roads to make use of. Lots of twisties to say the least in this neck of the woods. We even have a local vintage bike club that would likely be interested in helping out. We might even be able to arrange for a mass photo op on the hill in front of the Peace tower and get local coverage? Being that 2009 would be the birthday of the "special" model it could be ...
                        2009 ... a "special" time in Ottawa,Canada
                        Rob
                        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                        1978 XS500E
                        1979 XS1100F Restored
                        1980 XS1100 SG
                        1981 Suzuki GS1100
                        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Randy...I'm just throwing out ideas...I know its early and you're not leaning towards anything...yet ,sorry to make it sound like u were....but I'm intriqued by Canada...nuff said...just trying to get ppl to join in the discussion...so c'mon everyone...whaddddya think???? So far I like all the suggestions offered...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by 79XS11F
                            Well .. Ottawa is the capital of Canada and there are lots and lots of lodging options outside of town and lots and lots of very nice scenic roads to make use of. Lots of twisties to say the least in this neck of the woods. We even have a local vintage bike club that would likely be interested in helping out. We might even be able to arrange for a mass photo op on the hill in front of the Peace tower and get local coverage? Being that 2009 would be the birthday of the "special" model it could be ...
                            2009 ... a "special" time in Ottawa,Canada
                            Rob
                            Sounds quite interesting...whats the season like in July?
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Re: Vermont/New Hampshire Border

Originally posted by CarolynS
                              Since New England hasn't really been mentioned....

There are spots up along the border here that are gorgeous. HWMBO could draw up a ton of really pretty routes, with gas at appropriate intervals-Remember, he rides a HD! That means he knows where to find gas and food!-. I could ask him for suggestions, and map somethings out here.
                              Very quaint, very pretty, nice food, nice people, slow traffic-is you see any at all-on quiet country roads. Can get anywhere from here on back roads. Lots of hills, lakes, winding-not too bad-roads, the shade trees over the pavement, warm days, cool nights....Ahhhhh!!
                              Just my 2 cents...
                              It is sort of centered between the groups, and no passports required.
                              This also is quite temting...I've been thru this area in winter as a skier but have not really ridden any m/c thru there...also have a nephew in NH but he's up in Concord not along the VT/NH border.
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Just suggestions here.... I don't think we should change the Memorial weekend for XS east. I think it should be more central with warmer temps.
                                So that we can get people from the south as well as people from the north to come.

I also think that someone should hold a Canadian rally more in the July time slot. That way the black flies are gone and temps are nicer. Both the Ontario and the New brunswick rallies were held in the summer months. May, I find is still to iffy weather wise.

Now this of course is my .02 cents
                                Tom
                                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Working...
                                X