No announcement yet.

XSEast 2009 - IDEAS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can send you a name and number of a place in Markham,Ont for some excellent needles and seats for you carbs Ernie
    Hey Wayne, that would be helpful in future, I just got some from carbkitscapital. I'm just to swamped at work to really get at them.

Like madbiker said, how's your back, I read about it in the earlier posts, hope you're doing better.

Blue giant, I'm only 5 1/2 hours away +\- so maybe, once the "amgine" is fixed up I can ride out for a reconnaissance.
    Ernie
    79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
    (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Hey Ernie,

Works for me!

I'm think about a fall rally in the Bancroft area as well.

Stay tuned!

Paul
      1983 XJ1100 Maxim
      1979 XS1100 Standard
      1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Someone mentioned 2 rallies, surely I could make one of them! New England States or Eastern Ontario, wherever the cops are slower and more tollerant...
        Bruce
        78XS1100
        Bruce Doucette
        Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Originally posted by madbiker
          So now that we know where not to go in May where are we going to go for XSEAST MAY 09?
          Ralph
          As Earl suggested perhaps the ride in May could be more South of the border and another ride in July could be in E.Ontario.So the more southerly ride could be anything from New England to VA,W VA,SE Ohio SW PA....perhaps we need to set up a poll.....
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Re: 2009

Originally posted by desert1
            wherever the cops are slower and more tollerant...
            Bruce
            78XS1100
            That would be Grand Desert, Nova Scotia!

Paul
            1983 XJ1100 Maxim
            1979 XS1100 Standard
            1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

I'd let some people work on their ideas before you set up any polls. I'd also let someone come up with a place before I would ask the group as a whole to decide where we want to go , You are never get everyone to be happy and agree on the same place. My 2cents says if I'm going to Canada in July or Aug. I'm not going to NY or New England in May. I'd just give it some time and let the powers that be work on it a little . just my 2 cents
              Ralph the Madbiker

Comment

Originally posted by madbiker
                I'd let some people work on their ideas before you set up any polls. I'd also let someone come up with a place before I would ask the group as a whole to decide where we want to go , You are never get everyone to be happy and agree on the same place. My 2cents says if I'm going to Canada in July or Aug. I'm not going to NY or New England in May. I'd just give it some time and let the powers that be work on it a little . just my 2 cents
                Ralph the Madbiker
                I whole heartedly agree Ralph!

One big Rally a year is best. There is usually several small local rallies throughout the season we eash as individuals like to particpate in.

Paul
                1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                1979 XS1100 Standard
                1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

XSEAST is usually the 3 day weekend at the end of May there will usually be a rally that weekend no matter what a few years ago Marty A. and I did the unrally Memorial Day 2005 Unrally( do a search in northeast rallies ) and it turned out to be 1 of 2 or 3 that year . So I say leave it alone for a month or so we have a year to plan, But right now I'm to busy getting ready to spend so time in New England and Canada with Doug to work on any Unexspected rally. I'm not saying 1 big rally is good , the more the merrier I say .
                  Ralph the Madbiker

Comment

ok
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by egsols

Hey Wayne, that would be helpful in future, I just got some from carbkitscapital. I'm just to swamped at work to really get at them.

Like madbiker said, how's your back, I read about it in the earlier posts, hope you're doing better.

Blue giant, I'm only 5 1/2 hours away +\- so maybe, once the "amgine" is fixed up I can ride out for a reconnaissance.
                      Hi Ernie,
                      No problem about the carb parts. I have the number if you change your mind.
                      As far as my back goes. I am doing much better. I am down to one chiro. appt. a week. I am not out of the woods yet, but I am not experiencing the discomfort that I've had for the past couple of weeks. Thanks for asking.

Later,
                      Wayne
                      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
                      Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Rally for 2008

I'm in central NJ, and wonder how many of us XS11 riders are in the NJ/PA area. I have relatives in Carlisle, PA, and the Lancaster area makes for a beautiful ride.
                        John Rosko, Riding for Jesus! Make Him Lord of your life!

Comment

Good discussions!

We do try to keep the rally to the US Memorial Day holiday weekend. One reason is that Monday is already a paid day off for us in the US. Also it is usually not way too hot that early in the riding season, but late enough after the snow for folks like me to get a couple of weeks of riding in before I try to ride in a group.

We try to be somewhat centrally located and this is the "Northeast" rally so Canada to Maine to OH and VA mostly describes the area.

If black flies are bad in May in a particular area then we probably don't want to consider that area. If it rains or snows every day in a certain area that is also probably not a good place to consider.

I would go to Canada in a minute, but with the US dollar in the condition it is and the price of gas up there many folks might be unable to attend for that reason.

I mentioned to some at the Pocono Rally that we had been working on a rally in the Somerset PA area when Randy volunteered to take the reigns of the 2008 rally. Somerset has some rural roads so the traffic should be minimal, looks to have some curvy roads, and gas stops at good places. On the routes we can hit corners of MD and WV, Flight 93 memorial, and Ohiopyle for a photo op. This rally is about 75% planned. (For our Canadian friends Somerset is about 4 hrs south from Buffalo slab or 5+ hrs back roads.) In the next year or two the Flight 93 memorial will be built into a permanent monument, so it might be good to see the temporary one now.

Haven't heard too much from the VT and NH folks. Nice areas, tend to be a bit crowded in mid summer, but still nice areas. I would be happy to help set up a rally there. Just point to the best roads.

We probably should decide by August latest so we can make reservations for next year.
                          Marty in NW PA
                          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                          This IS my happy face.

Comment

NJ rider

Thanks, Marty.

Many times, I just look for a destination and make a day of it. In the car club I'm in, we pick a distant restaurant and meet to chat (F-Body Owners - 1995 Camaro Z28, 350 hp, 12.8 sec 1/4, 6-sp., SLP short-shift, ground effects, etc.). Gives us a chance just to get out with our rides for the day.

Most of the MC rides I have been on were with Dawn Patrol in Raritan, NJ. Poker Run, pig roast, back road trails, marked turns, etc. Chance to pig out, and meet old buddies. Again, day trips, not too distant.

I don't know of any XS11 owners in my area. Could we let each other know of others in our vicinity, for a little get together, compare machines, swap tech ideas, etc.? I usually ride my bike once a year, whether it needs it or not, and it's calling me on the carpet for neglect. Suddenly, after all these years, it won't idle properly, has low-speed problems, and I'm pulling off the carbs for the fourth time in as many weeks, trying to avoid the inevitable. Now, I guess I have to pull them apart.

The gas petcocks started pouring out gas last year, and flooded everything. I rebuilt them, and ended having to replace one that continued to leak, so that's behind me.

What I am trying to say, is that the bike needs to be ridden. It looks for company. A purpose in life, on the road.

Do you know of anyone local, in the central NJ area, or eastern PA, that's open for a ride?

Johnny Rocket
                            forxtradr@yahoo.com

(Previous bikes: 1966 Suzuki X-6 Hustler; 1958 H-D Duo Glide; 1966 Triumph Bonneville; 1970 Triumph Bonneville (converted into a beautiful chopper); 1970 H-D Sportster; 1970 Honda Gold Wing; Honda 350, 450, XC 500; 1983 Yamaha Midnight Virago 920)
                            John Rosko, Riding for Jesus! Make Him Lord of your life!

Comment

Your post will help

You can also check out the 'member locator thread' and use frappr.com to check it out.
                              There are quite a few XSives down your way.
                              Welcome to the site and enjoy the new friends you're about to make.
                              Ride safely.
                              80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
                              79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

nj rider

welcome jrocket, you ride once a year ? these bikes need to be run. madmax-im is from nj. i live in allentown pa ,a few riders in the pocono's. if you what to ride or going on a ride just post it. they will come.
                                80 xs1100G

Comment

Working...
                                X