Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just trying to save some machining time

Hi TC,
    I sent you a PM about this project but in addition, I just noticed you enlarged the 1/8" holes to 1/4" and six 1/4" holes equal one 5/8" hole, not the 3/8" in my PM. Also can you not flip the jaws in your 3-jaw self-centering chuck to save you the hassle of manually centering the work in your 4-jaw each time you set up?
    Admittedly, unless it's a very good 3-jaw it won't re-center closer than 0.005" or so but this project don't have a precise concentricity requirement.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

• Re: Spin On Oil Filter Adapter POLL

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
      Okay folks, if the cost of this adapter can be made for around $25.00, how many people would be interested in getting/using one vs. their OEM??

T.C.
      I plan to buy one and at $25, even better.

Van
      03 Honda GL1800 Goldwing; 08 Honda 250 Rebel; 1979 Yamaha XS1100SF.

Comment

• spin on oil filter

Ok how can I get one. 80 XS850

Comment

• Did anything ever come of this? I’m currently looking for one and would like to chat with TC about getting one but TC hasn’t been online it looks like, since 4/10/2021.

Comment

• TC no longer builds them. I have the info from him, but no way to make the parts. I may try to have a local shop build some later this winter, as I have an engine I would like to convert. The problem will be the cost. Probably going to be about $150, at a guess.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• These are available $68.20 including shipping. However I have not used one on my bike. Vmax filter is the same as an XS1100.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26104538583...MAAOxygo9Q52wb

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (15).jpg Views:	0 Size:	256.3 KB ID:	875781
              Last edited by DEEBS11; 10-23-2023, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Thank you! I messaged the gentlemen R/ the eBay posting. my XS is a 1980 and the eBay listing says that it is for 83 on. I offered to take some measurements if needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin View Post
                  Thank you! I messaged the gentlemen R/ the eBay posting. my XS is a 1980 and the eBay listing says that it is for 83 on. I offered to take some measurements if needed.
                  I think the ad means it fits '83-'93 Venture, and it fits all XS850 (therefore XS750), and it fits all XS1100.
                  -Mike
                  _________
                  '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                  '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                  '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                  '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                  '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                  '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                  '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• I believe you to be correct. Though, trust but verify is the route I’m going. The description definitely could be a bit less ambiguous.

Comment

Working...
                    X