What would you buy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomcos67 View Post
    Yeah.!!That will work...!!What are these bike's fetching these days roughly????
    No cost comparison because of rate of exchange............in other words, forget that thought unless you live across the pond.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      No cost comparison because of rate of exchange............in other words, forget that thought unless you live across the pond.
      Hello motorman!Those are nice bikes though.To bad we can't get them.Greg got me thinking about the fjr1300.
      Hope all is well with you.
      1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
      2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Originally posted by tomcos67 View Post
        Hello motorman!Those are nice bikes though.To bad we can't get them.Greg got me thinking about the fjr1300.
        Hope all is well with you.
        All is doing fairly well.........think for my own safety and SWMBO's less worrying, it'll be spring before I throw a leg over the Venturer for a few short,short test rides. Would'nt want to have a tip-over mishap and end up in a wheel chair the rest of my life. That later part is being honest from what the surgen said. I WAS considering the annual TOY RUN this SAT. that I've participated in the last 13 yrs., but Oh well, it is what it is and have to wait till next Christmas season. My equaliberiam is still off a bit, so gonna wait till Feb. or June to go for the test ride. BTW, the STeed got totaled in the T-bone incident........And YEPPERS, the look of the Feejer can't hold a candle to the one pictured! We can only wish my friend. Sad part is they would'nt even come close to meeting Statside emmisions for any kind of importing or shipping. Thanks again for the well wishes!
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Here's what I've been riding....

I've been riding a 2005 BMW R1150R for the past six months...

Enough power and the handling is great...

Bikes that I have owned and enjoyed...
          1964 Allstate 250
          1970 Yamaha DT1
          1959 Mobylette
          1970 Yamaha JT1
          1995 Suzuki 80
          1978 Yamaha XS650
          1980 Yamaha XS1100LG
          2005 BMW R1150R

Comment

Nice Is there anything you don't like about it....

Comment

What I don't like...

There's really nothing that I don't like but...

My model does not have ABS, but the brakes are really strong...almost to a fault if that's possible...it stops on a dime without much lever or pedal pressure. That takes a bit of getting used to next to the XS1100...

The handlebars are a bit forward...and low. One can purchase risers but I haven't. Because of that, expect a bit more weight on your wrists...

It doesn't have the raw power of the XS1100, but that's OK...I'm getting old.

It has a high seat height...OK for me, but for shorter riders, it may be difficult to get the feet on the ground.

The riding position takes a bit of getting used to...at first, I didn't like it, but after six months of riding, I've become quite enamored of the machine...

Tenorman
              1964 Allstate 250
              1970 Yamaha DT1
              1959 Mobylette
              1970 Yamaha JT1
              1995 Suzuki 80
              1978 Yamaha XS650
              1980 Yamaha XS1100LG
              2005 BMW R1150R

Comment

Can see why sitting position would take some getting use to.You have a great ride there...Good Luck...Be Safe,,,, Happy Holidays!!!!!

Comment

Thanks!

Happy Holidays to you too!

Tenorman
                  1964 Allstate 250
                  1970 Yamaha DT1
                  1959 Mobylette
                  1970 Yamaha JT1
                  1995 Suzuki 80
                  1978 Yamaha XS650
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100LG
                  2005 BMW R1150R

Comment

sport bike..

I've been looking at bikes lately.
                    I think being xs,,ers We truly like throttle when we want it.So if I were younger these would be my choices
                    1=Kawasaki turbo Hyabusa.bam!...
                    2=Yamaha R1M
                    3=Ducati 1199 Panigale R
                    4=BMW HP4
                    Maybe if Marty reads thread he will put pics up..!
                    To be young again...����
                    Last edited by tomcos67; 12-11-2015, 04:32 PM. Reason: pics choices

Comment

Tom,
                      I thought the Busa was a Suzuki?? But then, I've never looked that close, as it's not my type of machine.
                      My R1200RT BMW is going to go this spring, as I'm not putting any more money into design faults that BMW will not admit to. My first choice is an FJ1300, and if I could find a way to get something shipped over from the EU, I'd try for a 4 or 5 year old version of the bike Brian has down in NZ. In Cali, if it has over 17K miles you can usually register it, as we do NOT test bikes.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

busa

Yes Ray I am the one that's confused as usual.. I got the H2 kawi mixed up with Suzuki busa.These bikes are fun to watch on track.... Fj1" 1300. I bet if we had 10 we could sell them pretty quick...Did you know that Yamaha came out with 6 speed trans in the other 1300 that you can buy here 2016fjr?. Did something to gears also taller or shorter, I didn't get it..(taller shorter gears)
                        Last edited by tomcos67; 12-14-2015, 07:08 PM. Reason: more text

Comment

gears

The 2016 review of the fjr,can be seen on YouTube.Look up two wheel obsession. He does the review of This bike.or punch in Yamaha 2016 fjr on you tube..
                          As far as gears he says the lower gears are taller and higher gears shorter.Whatever that means...!enjoy..!

Comment

Just helped the boss pick up 2000 KAWI 1200. I wish i hadnt gone. Bike is good looking and the gentleman selling had 2 yamaha race bikes, 1980 midnight special, kz1000, valkarye, and i think he said an fz in total rebuild. I hate being that envious.
                            81 LH in process
                            09 vstar 1300
                            only allowed 2

Comment

For the new FJR, Yamaha made 1st and 2nd gears slightly taller (just like they should've done with all the gears in the XS1100 and put a proper FD on the bike to begin with... ), made 4th and 5th gear a tad shorter and put in a 6th gear that is taller than the old 5th. Sounds like a good change up based on my riding of one a few years ago (monster engine, short gearing, leaves you looking for another gear...). But it is smooth and flat out pins it's ears back when you give it the stick.

Another cool feature of the 2016 model is LED cornering lights that come on progressively as you bank deeper into a turn.

It's a good size bike, but only 36 lbs wet weight more than the XS and holds 6.6 gallons. Put a half tank in it and it is barely more than the XS is when fully fueled. With another 45 Hp at the rear wheel and 25 ft/lbs more torque, it is a seriously quick and fast bike with the manners and easy handling of a scooter.

DiverRay, what are the design faults in the RT your are dealing with? I have a buddy with the new liquid cooling in the RT, and it is a very nice bike for him in the first 6 months or so. Previous to this he had the K1600. Love that bike when we would switch back and forth. This is the guy I bought my XS from, so he likes to ride his old steed and i get to play with his new toys.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

A Happy holidays to ya' Tenorman! Nice bike you have there. Now I see why you haven't posted much. Hope you have been able to hang onto the ole' XS11, if for no other reason than for something to work on when you get REALLY bored.

Comment

Working...
                                X