No announcement yet.

My xs850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that plastic is easily formed with a heat gun. I didn't get he nice crease I wanted, but it works.

Thanks! I like the rockstar muffler too. It's.....unique

Comment

I was forced to raise my headlights and cut down the windscreen.

I dont know if I like it.

I also riveted on some stainless steel straps onto my rockstar muffler. You cant tell in this pic, but they are true exhaust can straps, with the slots cut into them. Unfortunately, I put a dent into my can, so I'll have to re do it, not a big problem, just drill out the rivets and re-do them, but frustrating.

Comment

Getting some bondo on the tail. Not quite done yet.

Comment

New gauges, R6 left hand control and exhaust wrapped

Comment

Painted my stuff. We screwed up the box around the #7, so I'll have to remake some. Also, I think I'm going to put some black pinstripe to seperate the red from white. Also, the yamaha decals I got were all one peice, with some clear vinyl between the logo and the yamaha, so that made it difficult to put the decals on, and there are some bubbles and stuff. :/

That's my old man spraying it and laying down the stripe

Comment

really nice,
              shes looking real good.
              pete

new owner of
              08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
              1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
              zrx carbs
              18mm float height
              145 main jets
              38 pilots
              slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
              fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Thanks!

Some cell phone pics

Comment

Yep, I can dig it! Paint turned out good man!
                  Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Looks nice! Keep an eye on that mono-shock rear mount and upper extension! The lay down position of a mono-shock set-up multiplys the forces at the mounts. Hopefully the mounts and ajoining pieces stand up to those multiplied forces. Either way, watch for any cracking in the paint at those points associated with the fabricated mono-shock mount. Would not be good if the rear of scoot turned loose from a sharp pot-hole or similar.........JAT.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I will watch out for any cracking for sure, I appreciate the advice and concern. I used DOM .125 wall tubing and 3/8" thick steel for the top mount. That's about twice the material of the oem mounts on the R1, I'm pretty confident it'll stand up to the abuse.

Here are some more pics and a vid. I found an old before pic, one that I had though I lost, which is why I used that red one on the first page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxVsqKJQMyc

Comment

That thing looks awsome! I like your old xs11 too!
                        80 xs11 special- pods, kerker, cafe seat/tail, clubmans.
                        2000 s10- 5.3 v8 swap, cam, stall, ford rear with 3.73s and posi, upgraded brakes, lowered, traction bars, larger sway bar, and a bunch of other stuff..

Comment

Really great work. Way cool! Sounds awesome!
                          2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
                          2007 Kawasaki KLR650A
                          1979 Yamaha XS1100SF
                          1971 Kawasaki F6 125

Comment

Working...
                          X