What kind of dogs do XS owners have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This bed ain't big enough for the four of us"

Though it was Ok for for me to have to wake up with her cat sprawled across my head, the new love in my life didn't care for having to share my bed with Heidi and Sasha.
    [IMG][/IMG] So... as I hate confrontation and conflicts in my love life... In order to preserve our relationship, I had to make the supreme sacrifice, and it really broke my heart.
    Shame, really. Loyal, trusting, always willing to please.... But what the hell?
    I can always find another massage therapist to date!
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I've never had to go to counseling with my dogs!

Comment

I dated a girl that said she wanted the dogs out when she was in. She wasn't in very long......

Dogs didn't like her much anyway...gotta trust their judgement.

Nice shepards there, pro. Great dogs.
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I have a Beagle/Harrier mix. Jasmin or Jaz looks like a larger and huskier beagle. She is as strong as a ox too.
          The only known XJ1100 Interstate

Comment

Pic and thanks for the welcome!

Hey...

If I did this right you will see a picture of my mutts ... if not ... call me and idiot. LOL I am not the best picture taker either .. we are lucky their heads aren't cut off.

We got both dogs from the Humane Society ... We decided to volunteer cleaning the cages and walking the dogs on the weekends. Teezer had been with them for almost a year and he was about to be put down. We found in love with him and had to have him.

When we moved to Indiana, we started volunteering at the local shelter and thats how we got Mayzie. She had heart worms and they couldn't adopt her and putting her down was the only option, so they thought. We decided that we would adopt and try treatment and hope for the best. It was hard, it took 3 rounds of treatment and her being stuck in her crate for 6 months, but its been 2 years and she is happy and healthy.
            She is bossy at times but very sweet natured.

As for the bike, we have an 1980 XS11 special. Last weekend was our first ride this year and it was GREAT!

Comment

We have a 14 month old american bulldog.White with a few black spots, what a loving animal .he is somewhere around 100 lbs and still quite the puppy (very excitable) scares the **** out of most adults but kids love hiGreat dog ,great dispositiooh and my son named him gunner
              79 XS 1100 sf

Comment

Just thought I'd share this picture of Maggie, she's the younger knucklehead. Hershey, the Chocolate Lab is much more dignified.

[IMG][/IMG]

Yeah, pitiful, but we love her anyhow.
                Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Re: What kind of dogs do XS owners have?

Originally posted by BLUEJEEPLAB
                  I am owned by two labs (both female), a Chocolate named Hershey, aged 5 and a Yellow named Maggie aged 2.
                  We also have a chocolate Lab named "Hershey"...but things are not going well on that front. Heartbreaking as a matter of fact...

The Big Brown Dog
                  CUAgain,
                  Daniel Meyer
                  Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                  Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Awww Sorry about Hershey

Very sorry to hear about Hershey! I read your posting "The Big Brown Dog" and its heart breaking to have a beloved companion hurting so much.
                    He is in a good home and is loved and being taken care of. Hershey is blessed to have folks like you loving him so much.

Hugs and stuff,

Marti

Comment

well when i get a house we are getting a english mastiff the only reason i dont have one now is i live in a apartment
                      79 yamaha xs1100f standard
                      best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

Dragonrider,

I am so sorry to hear of Hershey's plight. We have had to make that decision three times already in our 24 years of pet ownership and it is always heartbreaking. I think with the labs it will be even harder, they are so human and affectionate. We call our Hershey "The Big Wiggly" She has a very pronouced Otter Tail and it moves the whole dog.

Hershey has rear leg issues too. She has tendons in her rear legs that are too short, so her rear legs are straighter than normal. She isn't as mobile as Maggie, but still pretty active. When they bother her, a half a motrin is what the vet says to give her and that usually fixes her up in an hour or two.

I wish you the best and hope your time with Hershey is memorable. I know anything else I can say can help you feel any better...
                        Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                        78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                        02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

This is one of our dogs, Lucky:

She's a 9 year old Staffordshire Terrier.

We also have a 9 year old Doberman, named Red.

Dan
                          Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

My girlfriend and I have a 70lb Pit/Chow/Lab mix and a <5lb Siamese/??? cat. Guess who rules the house? The cat (Sugar) is even declawed (front paws). Girlfriend named her Sugar because she is the color of raw sugar. The dog is Bear. She's all black with just a few gray hairs. Just like me!

It's weird, Bear is "on the job" all evening, between watching out the front door, checking on what the cat is doing, and watching the kids. When it's bed time, we just ask her "Ready to go to bed?" and she runs to the bedroom. She has a little nest made out of a blanket at the foot of the bed. It's like she knows that once we get into the bedroom and shut the door, she's off duty. She's snoring in 10 minutes or less!

The cat sleeps on the bed with the boy. Last night, Scotty (the boy) had a bad dream so he came into our room to sleep. The cat didn't make it into the bedroom before the door was closed, but she was waiting outside in the morning. She meowed and bitched at the boy for a good 5 minutes, following him around the house even!

Bill
                            Bill
                            XJ1100

Comment

Cats can be really cool too, I have two of them myself.

I never understood why people dislike cats. Maybe it's because they've never met a really good one?

Dan
                              Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

Originally posted by mainlylinux
                                Cats can be really cool too, I have two of them myself.

I never understood why people dislike cats. Maybe it's because they've never met a really good one?

Dan
                                Heh heh...I've got a cat... (just a little one!)

That's a yard stick behind him...
                                CUAgain,
                                Daniel Meyer
                                Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                                Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X