No announcement yet.

What kind of dogs do XS owners have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there is Pepper, she's a collie lab mix, then there is Dana, she's a black Doberman,can't forget the king of the house Brownie, the Jack Russell and my dog Coalbee. He is a pit, boxer mix (best guess) found by the side of the road. Someone had tied him to a tree and left him there with a bowl of food and a bowl of water.

He is quite the frisbee dog.

Can't forget the horses. Tyler, Buddy, and Copper.

I live in a small zoo.
    Just rolin' down lifes highway avoiding the potholes

Comment

Another "Buddy", but this ones different because he's ours....
      Golden , 4yrs.

1979 xs1100sf
      1972 cb500 four

Comment

Chico

Gotta chime in with a little piece about Chico. Back in the late '60s early '70s one of the old Frisco bike riding, guitar playing gang that I hung with was a guy name of Doug. Doug had this big ol' black dog of the type seen in old photos of 1890 era saloons whose name was Chico. Chico was of undetermined lineage since he came from the pound but Doug always said he was part black Labrador and part Great Dane. He was all black, very big and tall with floppy ears and smart as a whip. He was as well known along Grant Ave. as his master was and probably had an even wider circle of friends. Doug would sometimes leave Chico home nights and ride his motorcycle down to North Beach to go bar hopping on upper Grant Ave. Chico would often jump the fence and make his way 4 miles across the city to go looking for Doug. He would appear at the door of a bar and look quizzically at the bartender who would say, "Doug's not here!" Chico would then go up the street to the next bar making the rounds until he found his master. If he couldn't find his master he would sometimes find Doug's bike and wait for him there. Of course then there would be the problem of how Chico was to get home. Doug would sometimes try to find him a ride but more often than not he would just fire up his bike and ride off leaving Chico to make his own way home. Chico even knew the names of the bars. If you saw him on the street and said, "Doug's down at the Saloon." or, "He's at the Gallery.", he would immediately head for the named barroom. Absolutely amazing but I swear it's true!
        Shiny side up,
        650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
        XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

.. the woman has labeled this picture "Because He Can"..
          . i on the other hand think that if men could do this we would be extinct by now
          .. this is L'il Bill, i found behind a dumpster when he was a baby. at dinner time he calls the woman Momma to get his chow, he actualy says the word momma but only at dinner time

Comment

Talking cats & dogs

My Afghan Hounds used to talk, mostly with body language sometimes accompanied by little whimpering sounds. A nice long howl at the full moon with noses pointed skyward was a monthly ritual. If I tried to give them dog commands they played deaf. If I asked politely in plain English they always minded. Took me awhile to figure this out. After they taught me to always say please and thank you there were no more problems with doggy discipline.

My cat Felix talks too, he has his own language, little bird-like sounds and different meows which I've learned to intepret. He understands English too, at least as it pertains to him. He makes an annoying insistent meow when he wants something. I go through the list of possible things he could want like crunchies, water, brush, or out. When I say the right word he makes a little chirping sound that he only makes when I say the right answer. He also makes a different chirping sound when I let him in after a cold night out which I interpret as either, "Thank you" or more likely, "It's about time *sshole!"

Shiny side up,
            650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

I'm owned by a lab-pit mix. Super smart, layed back, 105 pounds lap dog. He has informed me that the main purpose of his human is to scratch his back and play. Nothing else. He's kinda spoiled, only a little bit.

I had to give him a royal name to enhance his royalty. Duke
              Also when he decide to go somwhere, He'll push his way through like a tank, Sooooo, His middle name is Tank.
              S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
              1-big XS patch
              1-small XS/XJ patch
              1-XS/XJ owners pin.
              1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
              2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
              1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
              1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Oh...,,,, I almost forgot to mention in my last repley. Duke is an XSive. When I first got him, he wanted to ride so I made hime a custom seat on the back of MIYAMI. He doesn't ride much but he does have a seat when he wants.
                S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                1-big XS patch
                1-small XS/XJ patch
                1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

My two labs have a language of their own and definately have a sense of humor. They communicate with a series of moans, growls and light barks. Their favorite game is "Dad throw the Ball (Stick, stuffed animal, empty glass bottle....) get the Ball (Stick, stuffed animal, empty glass bottle....) and then bring it back, but don't give it back. Somebody goofed when they added "Retreiver" to the Labrador name. They like to stand just out of reach and Laugh at you.

Body language is another entertaining feature. They are very laid back and go belly up whenever any of their favorite humans are around, they like that rubbing. They are also huge on "Scratch my back". Our Chocolate actually brushes between your legs like a 90 pound cat when you rub her back and moans.

Love those knuckleheads, even more than my XS. (Did I just blaspheme?)
                  Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                  78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                  02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Two of my Afghans would happily fetch a tennis ball just so long as it was their game. The instant I uttered the words "get the ball!" the game was over and I had to retrieve the ball. Valentine, the alpha male, would always give me a look up and down as if to say, "Do I know you?" I really miss those characters.
                    Shiny side up,
                    650 Mike

Comment

I can't for the life of me find my pictures of Sampson, but here's one of Dumas.
                      Fresh in from a rainstorm and dripping on everything....

I really need to get a camera.
                      80 XS1100SG
                      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I wish I could train the girls to wipe their feet. First they have taken over the back yard I had planned to make a meditation/beer garden and turned it into a doggie minefield (how is it that 40 pounds of dogfood becomes 60 pounds of poop?) and then when the come into the family room they first place they go after tracking up the carpet is the couch with muddy feet and bellies!
                        Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

I found it pretty easy to keep my dogs off the furniture once I gave them their own beds. Same with the cat I have now.
                          Shiny side up,
                          650 Mike

Comment

I tried that, but they didn't take to the beds. Now they just claim ours. The cats do like their beds, I made them a hideaway type carpeted tree house (indoor). However, the cats favorite place seems to be the top of the cable converter box.
                            Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

Nice and warm there!
                              Shiny side up,
                              650 Mike

Comment

Dog beds

The kind of beds I got for my dogs were just a rectangular foam pad with a washable velour cover. They were very light weight and the dogs could easily move them to whatever location they wished, usually in a corner where they wouldn't get stepped on. Occasionally there would be a little squabble when one dog would try to use another dog's bed but never serious.

I did take St. Valentine (guess what day he was bought) on my bike a few times. I'd hoist him onto the tank and he'd sit with his haunches in my lap and his big long legs hanging over the bars. I Got stopped by a cop who wanted to know what I thought I was doing. I told him I was bringing my dog home from the vet's. He said it didn't look safe since the dog could fall or jump off. I never took him for a ride after that. The other dogs didn't like riding on the bike and would jump off as soon as I dropped the clutch.
                                Shiny side up,
                                650 Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X