No announcement yet.

What kind of dogs do XS owners have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWMBO's boss gave us a pure bred Alaskian Husky about 6 months old. Our house was about six months old at the time and that dog tore up everything in site, including new wood fences, chewed through em and dug under em. We gave her to a couple that lived on a ranch and then we got a small weiner dog. Now the inside of the house is tore up and "Woody" sleeps between us every nite in bed
    but we are very happy with her, seems to be much brighter than the husky and much more loving.
    and swmbo has quit talking about having another baby
    82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
    78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
    74 Husky 400
    70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

OK... here we go... time to make fun of an Okie. I have a Golden lab mix and a one BADAZZ game rooster I raised from a chick (Kid hatched it in class) Rooster eats what he wants... when he wants and will whip the dog into bloody submission if it objects! Here he is eating the dogs food... and man he hates that!! lol.

Here's my buddies dog Yoda that I consider half mine since I watch him for him on occasion... Full blood Sharpei (SP?)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/trbig/8b185ecf.jpg

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

oops... try this... hrere's Yoda

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100

Comment

trbig,

He's so ugly He's cute, looks like he doesnt have a care in the world either.

We had a solid red/brown colored Austrailian Shepard that got hit and broke her pelvis, carried her to the vet and I guess she also had internal injuries and she didnt make it, but we still have her buddy the -pretty stupid Black and White Cocker Spaniel-Buddy.

We were going to give him away - since we got him from this older lady-he has been a wimp, you can't get to close to him when you walk by or brush him and he'll let out a yelp, not sure if he got stepped on alot - but he has some other habits that are not so attractive-anyway once "Sadie" the Aussie died we decided to keep him.

He kinda grew on us, but I still want to get rid of him, but can't find anyone right now to take him.

We all miss Sadie.
          Last edited by xj11john; 02-12-2006, 01:06 AM.
          '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

2 dogs in my house
            Giant Schnauzer, male, name= duke
            Bouvier des Flandres, male, name= astro
            Stable list= 73 Yamaha RD 350, 74 Yamaha RD350, 76 Yamaha RD 400, 79 Yamaha XS 11, 82 Honda FT 500 Ascot, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R, 2002 KTM Duke 2, 2003 KTM 450SX, 2004 Yamaha Zuma, 2004 Honda CRF 50

Comment

John,

Don't give up on Buddy, even the knuckleheads have redeeming features. We were ready to give up on Maggie after she ate the couch. She has since calmed down (daily walks turned out to be the solution) and has become a real sweetheart.
              Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
              78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
              02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Hmmm... don't give up on the knuckleheads?? Sigh... OK.. I guess I will keep my teenage boys around a bit longer... I am still waiting on the "Redeeming features" though.

Tod

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

Tod,

Hate to dissapoint you, my boys are in their twenties and have yet to display all the "redeeming features" I wished they would. I have to give them credit, they are doing things their way and getting to be good men. Like their dad I guess, I had to learn everything the hard way too.
                  Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                  78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                  02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Papa Gino,

I guess I can give him awhile to staighten out, after all I put up with alot of knuckle-heads at work..., at least I could give him another try....
                    '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Oh yeah, Here's "Buddy" in the background, and my xj in the foreground.
                      [/IMG]
                      '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Had a female rough collie named Tippy when I was a kid, looked like Lassie, smart as a whip. Later had a series of 5 Afghan Hounds, all black except one brindle. For awhile had 3 at the same time when I lived on 40 acres in Napa Valley. A trip to watch them run down jackrabbits, saves on dog food! These dogs are really smart. Difficult to train until you get their respect, once you prove you're smarter they will mind. Terrific sense of humor, will play tricks like hiding right behind you while you're calling and calling for them. Great watchdogs, they don't bark unless it's real. When they do bark it sure gets your attention!

This is Sheba, smartest of the lot, faithful companion for 15 years.

Dogs kind of preclude travel so don't have any currently. Been adopted by feral cat. Felix on Halloween.
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                        XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

have a 6 month old siberian huskey named lycan...she is a trip but very well behaved for a huskey....hasn't ate the entire house up yet.

also have a macaw named BO which those two i think are still figuring out who is going to eat who......

had neighbors bring me a chinchilla that was abandoned(go figure) so had to name him.....mopar.....since all he does in run at full speed around his cage......quite entertaining
                          81 xs1100sh......."the black-*itch"

NOT ALL MEN ARE ANNOYING.......
                          SOME ARE DEAD

Comment

1/2 Aus. Shep 1/2 Lab Nikki. She is a smart and loyal dog. Had her since she was 8 weeks. Nothing like a 70 pound lap dog.

Oh, and there is the girlfriends cat, also. Damn unfriendly thing.
                            Yamaniac
                            '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
                            '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
                            '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
                            '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
                            '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Alright, I have to share mine as well. When we got Pepe swmbo wanted to call him Patrick as she loved Patrick Swayze. But he earned a new name real quick, Pepe LaPu. We could never keep him clean. He was happier smelling of stuff that would turn your stomach. We got him from the humane society when I lived in Colorado. They told us the breed of poodle his was but I had forgotten over the years. He was four years old when we got him. Pepe was the best companion any one could ask for. Knew the meaning, wee wee poo poo, knocked at the door when he wanted in and he would let me know when he needed to go. And when I would fix the screen door he would push it open to let himself out and pull it open to come back in. Never used the bath room in the house, and loved other animals. It was the darnedest thing to see. The part I miss the most was he would sit on the gas tank with his front feet on the handle bars and just loved to ride. Never went that far with him on the bike. Just up the road and back that's all. Wished I could have gotten a picture of that to show to everyone. He turned out to be one of the best things to ever come into my life. My lap and I miss him very much. I never thought I would get attached to a dog like that. He sure earned my respect. He was a big part of my life for ten years. He was fourteen when I had to put him to sleep. To this day I can't find the feelings to want any other dog.

[IMG][/IMG]
                              I Miss You Pepe.

Hey Trbig, I see your chicken comes in the house as well. Mine does the same thing. Now I don't feel so bad. It must be somewhat normal. LOL
                              Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
                              87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
                              93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
                              71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
                              69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Jewel &amp; Cleo

8 years ago our eldest boy whined snivelled begged and pleaded that we should get another dog. Swore to God he'd walk, feed, vacuum after & poopscoop the thing. So we went to the humane society and picked a dog off of death row. 8 month old husky-shepherd sled-dog bitch with one eye blue & t'other one brown. "Her name is Jewel" my wife says "because of her eyes" Our Peter did all those things he'd promised. At least once. Peter has been making his own way in the world for some years now but Jewel is still at home and takes me for a heart-smart drag every day.
                                '04 thanksgiving my wife has a sob story about a kitten at her workplace that will be all alone at the plant and can she bring it home just for the long weekend?
                                OK, just for the long weekend, fine.
                                My wife comes in with a grey tabby kitten and over fifty bucksworth of kittylitter & tray, feeding & water bowls, scratching post & God knows what else.
                                60lb sled-dog walks up to the kitten, lifts her lip and growls.
                                3lb kitten gives the dog a left & right across the muzzle.
                                Dominance established.
                                Cat like that gotta stay, right?
                                We named her Cleo.
                                Fred Hill, S'toon.
                                Fred Hill, S'toon
                                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                                X