No announcement yet.

What kind of dogs do XS owners have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister made some very cool beds for her dogs. They are a PVC pipe frame with a piece of canvas stretched over it with bungee cords. There is a quilt over the top of it. There's a big one for her Lab and a smaller one for her cocker spaniel. Since she lives in Norhtern Michigan, they keep the dogs off the cold floor and off the furniture. They love em and know which belongs to who.
    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Black & tan German Shepard, Half blind and even more deaf Collie, and a Pug that snores REALLY loud.
      Hi...my name is Mike, and I'm a lane-splitter.
      '80 XS1100SG (mine)
      '87 CMX450C Rebel (daughter's first bike)

Comment

MY dog is a Ford Bronco. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

That could be a whole new thread... Dog trucks we have owned...
          Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

Found On Road Dead

whole new thread

Been my experience w/fords
            my lincoln town car, (less than 60K) has not moved in two years
            (at least it doesn't BARK)

mro

Comment

miscegenation

A dog truck would be a turkey, right?
              Fred Hill, S'toon.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Or just an old truck that had issues, but you still loved.

Like my old 76 International, it was 7 different colors, you had to bungee the 4 wheel lever into place for 4 high and was only about 50 percent metal, the rest being bondo, plywood or that expanding insulation filler.

SWMBO made me sell it because it was an "Eyesore" and the neighbors were complaining. That was really sad because at the time, we lived in a trailer park!
                Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of dog equals slow and or ugly. My 81 Bronco is both. It's geared to tall for a 4x4 and the early 1980s 302 (5.0L) V8 were rather weak from the emissions controls. Later on Ford was able to get a handle on the problem and was able to get more power out of the 302.

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Ok..here ya go

We have a female yellow lab named Maize. She is 14 now and just starting to get deaf. She still runs all over the countryside and plays like a pup though. This dog is part cat cause she has nine lives! When she was 3 she was shot in the chest with a 12 gague shotgun from about 40 feet away. (a neighbor trying to "scare" her out of his yard! One of Nashville's finest no less! ) Most of the pellets are still in her chest and the back of her front legs. The vet was amazed she was alive. She was running around like nothing happend after 2 days, except the occassional yelp when she moved too fast. When she was 6 she got run over and rolled by a car. That one took her about 1 and half weeks to bounce back from. At 8 she got one of her lower canine teeth broken off getting kicked in the face by a horse. Had to have it pulled.
                    This dog will outlive us all!

I also have a mutt named Skippy. She is VERY smart and sweet. She is my running partner and never pulls on the leash or gets underfoot!

We just had to put Beckham, our 1 and ahalf year old shepard mix down as he had several bad seizures that left him oxygen-deprived and in bad shape.

3 cats and 3 horses and 4 chickens..
                    Welcome to my zoo!!
                    JimBoReeno
                    My Ex!"Half-Breed"
                    '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
                    '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
                    2000 Indian Chief
                    Millennium Edition

Comment

Maize sounds like quite a dog. I keep telling SWMBO that labs must be born without pain receptors. Maggie, our Yellow lab ran through the glass storm door one day when SWMBO didn't open it fast enough (Daddy was coming through the front door and Maggie HAS to be there when he gets there). I didn't feel like shelling out another 250 for another full length Glass Storm door (Swmbo was not happy) and installed an El Cheapo aluminum storm door. Two weeks later, she blew through the aluminum panel in a repeat of the glass incident. Fed up, I took 5/4 decking I had, cut it to fit and screwed it in where the panel was. That stopped her the next time, but she didn't even let out a yelp. Dumb dog. She has settled down some now.
                      Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

It's rather difficult to get 2 spastic dogs to hold still long enough to get a picture......

80 XS1100SG
                        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Those are a couple of stalwart looking pooches Wes!
                          Shiny side up,
                          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Our mutts ...

Hubby and I have two mutts ...
                            (Mayzie)Rotti/Chow mix and a (Teezer)Rotti/Pointer mix.
                            Great companions....smart and very spoiled. Yep we had to get a bigger bed. LOL

Marti

Comment

YOur mutts ...

Hi Jinxie,

Rotti/Chow mix????

Post a pic please.
                              Wonder how it turned out.
                              I have a chow mixed w/
                              Looks like a chow.....w/short legs.

mro

btw
                              welcome to the site.
                              What XS do you guys have?

Comment

Rottchow?

Rotts and Chows are both really tough dogs, a Rottchow would be super tough, I imagine.
                                Shiny side up,
                                650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                                XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                X