No announcement yet.

2020 Colorado Rally, July 9th-13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had not checked in for a while, my bad.

Left Westcliffe on Sunday night and made it back to my lot in central Colorado. I spent the next three days cutting dead trees and brush on the lot. Started the '48 Ford 8N tractor and chipper during this period and chipped a lot of the brush I had accumulated.

Thursday I headed back to Iowa, arrived home Friday night. Would have stayed longer but SWMBO let me know the timetable for construction of my garage addition had been moved up and cement was already in place with contractor showing up on Monday.

Had a great time at the rally, greeting old friends and making new ones. It was great to be back in Colorado. My thanks to Howard for organizing this rally and to Scott for allowing us to use his vacation home as a base of operations.

JeffH usually is behind the camera but here is a shot of him at the top of Cottonwood Pass, taking a photo looking east. Yes, that white patch is snow.

I will be putting together a gallery of photos from this rally and will let you know when it is ready. If anyone else has photos they would like to share, send them to me and I'll include them in the collection!

For what it is worth, here is a photo of my 16' x 32' garage addition going up:

Also, a special note for Joe who fixed me up with a used table saw:

I cleaned up the saw, bought a used miter gauge, and built a stand for the saw to sit on. Stand is complete with two casters on the rear legs so I can roll the saw around my garage as needed. Note the chrome handle up front. I've used the saw a few times already and it works well. No blade guard, though.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Jeff, and Jerry...

Glad to hear you guys made it back safely.
      It was SO good to get to see everybody again and ride with you guys.

I sure love the time we've gotten to spend at these rallies in Co.

Looking forward to next year's.

Oh, and thanks again, Jeff for showing me how to get logged back on here!

Ride safe, my friends. And always keep the shiney side up.
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Thinking back about the 2020 Westcliffe Rally. I sure had a good time in spite of the long ride and the virus protocol stuff.
        However it certainly was worth the 3,000 miles of riding to get to the rally and back home. Plus the 850 'good time' miles in Colorado.
        Group ride restaurant stops were especially good too. Thunderbird, Nugget Taylor Park, 4Kings and Silver Cliff Mtn Inn etc.

Hope we can do a Kremmling or something in July 2021. That East Troublesome fire sure was bad. 194,000 acres, whoa .........

Jeff

78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
          Thinking back about the 2020 Westcliffe Rally. I sure had a good time in spite of the long ride and the virus protocol stuff.
          However it certainly was worth the 3,000 miles of riding to get to the rally and back home. Plus the 850 'good time' miles in Colorado.
          Group ride restaurant stops were especially good too. Thunderbird, Nugget Taylor Park, 4Kings and Silver Cliff Mtn Inn etc.

Hope we can do a Kremmling or something in July 2021. That East Troublesome fire sure was bad. 194,000 acres, whoa .........

Jeff

Even though y'all never came out to the cabin to hang with the little people.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• ???? - while you were enjoying the Chez Antlers or the Ritz Antler wherever it was you stayed
            Yep, arm wrestling with posting the rally pictures took too long. Overbought at the grocery store so put the fridge & microwave to work for breakfast & dinner.
            Heat & A/C was nice too as was the coffee pot while messing getting up the Rally Pics each day. Oh btw, "WAS" at the cabin Sunday but you weren't there.
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• I’ll be posting up sometime between now and Christmas day, may be a Christmas present on next years location!
              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                ???? - while you were enjoying the Chez Antlers or the Ritz Antler wherever it was you stayed
                Yep, arm wrestling with posting the rally pictures took too long. Overbought at the grocery store so put the fridge & microwave to work for breakfast & dinner.
                Heat & A/C was nice too as was the coffee pot while messing getting up the Rally Pics each day. Oh btw, "WAS" at the cabin Sunday but you weren't there.
                LOL....I had a liquor store in the building and AC. Not needed though, it was plenty cool. Antlers wasn't "The Ritz" but It had all I needed. I meant y'all never came to hang and shoot the breeze and watch the sunset from the deck. One of the biggest reasons to attend rallies for me. I get plenty of riding in to and from.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                X