2018 Colorado Rally, July 12-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, Friday. Gonna stop somewhere.

Coming over on 183. Not really looking to see cinders.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Seems a bit macabre, however seeing the incredible amount of devastation is something you won’t get to see in this kind of setting very often. Makes me in awe of mother nature.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Grew up in Montana. BTDT.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• There you go! Find some nice green stuff to view for your visual experience!
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
            Looks like you have about 150 miles to Gunnison, I have 193. Lightweights we are...
            For Jerry, makes for a short ride if he happened to be at his property in South Park.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Checked on the Lake Christine fire near Carbondale (actually Basalt) and there is no issue with Hwy 82 going into Aspen from Carbondale, our proposed route.

If you guys don't know of this site, take a look:

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

Covers incidents of all types but now mostly forest fires. Type Colorado in the search block at the upper right (or your own state) and you will get a map of all current incidents in the state. You can then click on any individual incident to get more details.

These are not newspaper-like descriptions; more statistics, current condition (percent contained, for example) and maybe one or two photos. However it is a good reference for road closures and other information. Incidents are updated regularly but not continuously.

Colorado currently has 14 fire incidents, most, but not all, are in the center or northern pars of the state.

I won't be on my lot this week, will leave for Gunnison from my home in De Beque. Not a long ride to Gunnison for me! Will be towing my small trailer which many of you have seen in past years. I don't travel light like I used to.
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• I'm not going to make it this trip. Got a phone call this evening from St Johns Hospital. My son Dustin had some kind of seizure and is on total life support.

Went down and talked to the doctor and the outlook is pretty grim.

See y'all down the road.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Oh, no! Take care of your son, Greg, and best to you and your family.
                  -- Scott
                  _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Take care of yourself and of your family there, so sorry to hear that. Your family out here at the rally will be thinking of you and saying prayers.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                      I'm not going to make it this trip. Got a phone call this evening from St Johns Hospital. My son Dustin had some kind of seizure and is on total life support.

Went down and talked to the doctor and the outlook is pretty grim.

See y'all down the road.
                      So sorry to hear that Greg. I hope he makes a full recovery.
                      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Made it to Gunnison around 1:30 pm today, the KOA site is incredible, it’s gonna be awesome. Full pavilion with running water and an electric stove top at the sites we have reserved.

They are going to have kickstand pads (wood pieces) for us ready to go, so our beautiful bikes don’t sink into the luscious grass. How much better does it get???!!!

Safe travels, And I found this GREAT “Bacon Bourbon” at the local liquor store. Very sweet, but the bacon finish is incredible. I know, sounds weird but I’m picking up a bottle so you guys can try it.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Arrived Gunnison
                          1,800 miles

Picnic: having a sandwich at the park on the east of town.
                          Nice cool breeze. Maybe 74 degrees.

Ride over to KOA after the picnic to get setup.

Jeff
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Just arrived at the KOA spent the morning in Crested Butte tooling around up there.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

(snip)And I found this GREAT “Bacon Bourbon” at the local liquor store. Very sweet, but the bacon finish is incredible. I know, sounds weird but I’m picking up a bottle so you guys can try it.
                              I want to try a shot of that snake-bite!
                              Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

(snip)And I found this GREAT “Bacon Bourbon” at the local liquor store. Very sweet, but the bacon finish is incredible. I know, sounds weird but I’m picking up a bottle so you guys can try it.
                                I want to try a shot of that snake-bite! I'll be there Friday afternoon.
                                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Comment

Working...
                                X