No announcement yet.

2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sure on the busy for the week leading up to the rally after I picked up the shirts. I was only home for a day.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Looks like it was a great rally! Sure wish I coulda made it.

This sure was a long weekend.

Glad everybody had a good time, and a safe rally.

Greg, when you read this, I saved you plenty of hot weather to come back to!
      This Saturday in Tulsa's forcasted for 101.
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
        So... after reading everything and looking at the pictures so far, I have a few questions-

1) Who was riding the new RT? That was sweet!

2) So, details on race results w/ the V Max?

3) WTH happened to the rest of Greg's hair??

4) When is my T shirt gonna ship Bonz?

Inquiring minds wanna know...
        1) dpotter(Duane)....and was a rental, since he flew into DIA.
        2) no takers, just talk against that first generation V Max(custom exhaust,K&N intake and of course, the V-Boost). Remember also, as that first generation V's put 180+ ponies... AT the rear wheel.....stock.
        3) had it trimmed....a lot!
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Brant, I love you man but the Gen 1 Vmax does not make 180 horsepower at the rear wheel. It is the Gen2 Vmax that does that.

My wife's uncle owns a Gen 2 Vmax, and I have ridden it. Magazines have tested the Gen 2 Vmax as well multiple times since it came out in 2009.

The Gen 2 Vmax is the more powerful one by a huge margin of 70-80 ponies and 35 ft/lbs.

Take a look on the internet and read some tests, it is pretty amazing what the Gen 2 Vmax can do.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Hi Howard, was expecting that from you.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• I know you were expecting that, but are you accepting it?
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• GREAT RALLY
                THANKS BONZ

It sure was good to see everyone. Bob and Joe, we missed you.

The thought of heading home dealing with that heat and oppressive humidity isn't too appealing. So I'm finding a cooler route. Left Kremmling at 10:30 and rode CO125 and WY230, then to Muddy Gap and Sand Draw. Even stopped at the Sinclair refinery in Sinclair WY. Temps bounced 79 -84 to -79 then 82 most of the day. Rode an easy 300 miles today. Little to no traffic at all. Only had any wind the last 30 miles. Now parked for the night in Riverton. Thanks again for a fun time

Jeff
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Some pictures

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtDTp3zsWxaK6A3BB1huXiEVY_E1
                  Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Good deal Jeff, you're going to have a great and creative trip home!

Thanks for taking the time to come to the rally, and for the assist picking up the groceries for the hungry mouth's back at camp on your Gold Wing with room to spare!
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Thank you to Brant and Anita for running the "chase vehicle" to make a beer run, grab some ice, giving us the report on Trail Ridge Road from their trip the day before and all the snacks Anita put together. Greg and Rich heading back to the Missouri and Oklahoma took the remaining cookies this morning, they were excited for the road food!

Enjoyed the campfire conversations as well!
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Got back to Salina, Kansas about an hour ago, Rich headed on to KC.

Sitting in a MUCH NICER hotel room this time sipping beer and watching TV. Nice to have a bed and TV. Should sleep well tonight and be rested for the ride back to Tulsa in the AM.

Great rally y'all. Nice to see some old faces and meet some new ones.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                          Brant, I love you man but the Gen 1 Vmax does not make 180 horsepower at the rear wheel. It is the Gen2 Vmax that does that.

My wife's uncle owns a Gen 2 Vmax, and I have ridden it. Magazines have tested the Gen 2 Vmax as well multiple times since it came out in 2009.

The Gen 2 Vmax is the more powerful one by a huge margin of 70-80 ponies and 35 ft/lbs.

Take a look on the internet and read some tests, it is pretty amazing what the Gen 2 Vmax can do.
                          The VMAX debate continues! Haha! This cracks me up, mainly because the owner/rider never actually wanted to race. Instigating this cracked me up.
                          79 SF

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian_99 View Post
                            The VMAX debate continues! Haha! This cracks me up, mainly because the owner/rider never actually wanted to race. Instigating this cracked me up.
                            Ha ha ha ha ha .......you fit right in.
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Made it to my parents in Idaho, 765 miles. Was a great rally Howard. Tyvm for all your hard work putting this on. Was great seeing everyone again and meeting some new people.
                              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                              '82 XJ1100
                              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Great rally. Howard did a great job putting it together. CZ, thanks for the bourbon. Great people at these events no matter where they are.
                                The Beemer rides great. I'm in a cabin in Florissant tonight and going up Piles Peak tomorrow.
                                What beautiful country
                                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                                1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X