Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Phase
    replied
    Nice pictures, Jeff, I was too chicken to go in the castle!

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Bishop's Castle

Interesting what Mr. Bishop has accomplished over the years. Really a work of Art, but not much up to any building code standard.
    Ornate in every way. The 'ornate' part is mostly what holds it together. And it is private property. Americana at its finest.

Interesting entry steps with short Rise & Run plus now heavily weathered concrete

Inside the upper right globe dome. A long way down to our bikes. (see below)

Bonz & Ty brave the rickety arch bridge to nowhere structure (only the brave dare go out there)

We sure had FUN

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Georgia 11E arrives Echo Canyon Campground

Bonz gives the Thumbs Up ready-to-roll for Saturday Ride by nobody paying attention

Chicago Chuck at Silver Cliff gas stop before lunch at Rooster's Roost in Westcliffe

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    60 over

So I asked my Patrol guys what penalty is applicable if you would happen to get stopped for doing 60 over the posted limit. In Colorado a couple of things depending on the arresting officer:
    Fine: Up to $1,000.00
    Charge: Reckless driving. Anything above 25 over the limit and you could do jail time, up to about 6 months is most common.
    You will lose points on your driver's license at a minimum, license revoked at maximum.
    Bike can be impounded. This can cost you around $30.00 per day (prices vary) plus towing fees of around $125.00.
    As I said, depends on the arresting officer....

But it was fun to let loose on that stretch!

Leave a comment:

• Prisoner6
    replied
    Wow, Jeff!

I did some LD riding years ago, but nothing even approaching the kind of trip you've just completed ... 4,300+ miles!

Well done, indeed!

It's been a pleasure reading your reports!

Look forward to the rest of your rally/trip pics ...

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    Way to go, Jeff! Nice ride!

Leave a comment:

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Awesome, Jeff! Glad you're home safe!
    Totally understand about the heat!

Just as Jack Nicholson said in "A Few Good Men"
    " Careful, Danny.. this heat's making me crazy..."

Tulsa today hit 101 w/ heat index of 109.
    It felt every bit of that hot here.

Great trip, well done, and love your ride report and pictures.
    Get some rest, my friend! You've earned it!
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    Excellent riding, JeffH. Glad to have met you out here in Colorado for the rally and love the pics you have posted of your great adventure!
    .....adventure......hmmm.......always thought 'adventure' started bought time bike quit, with you and scoot sittin' alongside road 100mi. from nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Excellent riding, JeffH. Glad to have met you out here in Colorado for the rally and love the pics you have posted of your great adventure!

Leave a comment:

• MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    HOME

Quite the adventure. 4,353 miles
    Exceeded expectations in every way.

Storms not as bad as expected today so rode 562 miles from Conway Arkansas back to Atlanta. By the time I got to Birmingham why stop?
    Will post some more rally pics tomorrow & update the ride report with a few pics.

XS11E did good.

Jeff
    Welcome Home Jeff,
    Well done to both you and XS11E.
    Surely by now you have come up with a name for this wonderful rally riding partner Having criss crossed the continent together something epic is called for
    Phil

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Glad you're home safe my friend. And that your bike performed well.

I love adventures like that.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    HOME

Quite the adventure. 4,353 miles
    Exceeded expectations in every way.

Storms not as bad as expected today so rode 562 miles from Conway Arkansas back to Atlanta. By the time I got to Birmingham why stop?
    Will post some more rally pics tomorrow & update the ride report with a few pics.

XS11E did good.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Heat

Its been a toasty hot ride heading east towards home. HOT leaving NM and 105 degrees Boise City to Guymon OK to Woodward.
    Yesterdays AM ride wasn't bad but the heat index in Arkansas was 110 degrees. I stopped in Conway AR. Though the OK panhandle was "Loco Hot" with heat & wind and not a tree anywhere within 200 miles.

Sunday AM ride to breakfast in Guffey behind Bonz & CZ

Great ride after great breakfast - Bonz leading us towards Pikes Peak

Oil viscosity test - conga line of cars uphill to the Pikes Peak toll booth

Hairpin Plus climbing the grade up Pikes Peak

Drop offs galore. Would be a rough ride if you went over the line

Not so funny, funny: A few miles from the top of Pikes Peak in the downhill lane the rangers stop every car and check the brake temps before letting the car proceed. As I rolled by I said HEY to the ranger. I asked her if she had stopped anybody today and who was the worst. She said yes she had black flagged cars and the highest brake rotor temp she had seen today was 900 degrees. Fool must have been in 'D' and ridden the brakes the whole 2 or 3 miles off the top.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
    Yikes! Leave that stuff for cooler weather!

I know! The whole time I was in Colorado, especially Monarch Pass and top of Pike's Peak, I questioned why I would want to ever go back to Ok...

Yet, here I be...
    Supposed to get a little break this next week, some rain and only 92-95...
    Woo- frikkin'- hoo...

You'd think I'd be used to the Ok heat and humidity, since I've lived here my entire life... but no.
    And this isn't near as hot as it got here about 5 summers ago!
    Back when I still had my Maxim, I went to Branson. When. I rode home, the actual temp was 116, + humidity!! Hottest I've ever seen.

My friend is stationed over at Kuwait City right now. Daily temps there average 125!!! But it's a "dry heat" he tells me.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    I still gotta work to pay for that trip. 10am and the thermometer in the shop says 91.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X