• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Phase
    replied
    2014 T-Bird LT

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    Dude, you are just leading us down the Garden Path. What did you get?

New thread: A Little LT for Me and the Colorado Rally

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Dude, you are just leading us down the Garden Path. What did you get?

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    New Bike

The parts for Columbo are still on order and with the 4th of July weekend taking a bite out of shipping I'm not going to have enough time to put the engine together for the Rally.

I was bummed out, so I did the only rational thing a man with no running motorcycle can do and I bought a new motorcycle.

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    Yay!

Free wood is good too!

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Motoman, yes it is the same campsite as Scott said, #77.

3Phase, CZ is coming. He lives in an industrial area where pallets abound, and good clean ones with good wood burns mighty fine. They are already cut up and stacked, ready to go. Sure, we can buy wood down the street from the campground, however the zero cost element is nice.

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    Map

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    Howard,
    Is the site same group site on other end we had 2yrs. ago?
    On the Echo Canyon Campground map, site 77 looks like the same one:-
    http://www.echocanyoncampground.com/...ound%20Map.pdf

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    Just buy some wood

... Does anyone have any questions or thoughts as we get closer? Please don't hesitate to ask!
    Is CZ coming to the rally?

Plan ahead and all that: Shirley, there must be at least one hungry woodcutter in or around Canon City. Depending on the type of wood available in the area, how much would it cost to deliver, what, about 1/4 to 1/2 a cord of unsplit load-cut wood to the campsite and share the cost?

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Joe, thanks for the Pikes Peak road report!

Went up to see CZ today and sync'd the carbs on the ZRX. They were off a little bit, thanks CZ for taking the time for me to come up!

In typical CZ fashion, he came up with a simple solution for a mount for my the remote idle adjustment knob and cable that was just hanging out to the side. He also has a nice pile of fire wood (cut up pallets) he got yesterday, ready to go for the rally. Joe, it's about 1/3 of what we had for 2014... Plenty, but not the small forest of wood you so graciously dealt with last time...

CZ and I are planning to ride down and be there by noon on the 15th, either checking in if they are OK with that, or grabbing some food and then being there at 2pm for check in.

Does anyone have any questions or thoughts as we get closer? Please don't hesitate to ask!
    Howard,
    Is the site same group site on other end we had 2yrs. ago?

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Joe, thanks for the Pikes Peak road report!

Went up to see CZ today and sync'd the carbs on the ZRX. They were off a little bit, thanks CZ for taking the time for me to come up!

In typical CZ fashion, he came up with a simple solution for a mount for my the remote idle adjustment knob and cable that was just hanging out to the side. He also has a nice pile of fire wood (cut up pallets) he got yesterday, ready to go for the rally. Joe, it's about 1/3 of what we had for 2014... Plenty, but not the small forest of wood you so graciously dealt with last time...

CZ and I are planning to ride down and be there by noon on the 15th, either checking in if they are OK with that, or grabbing some food and then being there at 2pm for check in.

Does anyone have any questions or thoughts as we get closer? Please don't hesitate to ask!

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    Wow!

I've never seen the lift except for the little 3x3 ads, I was not prepared for this! It's over 300lbs and I had to rent a U-Haul to bring it home in its crate, then four of us wrestled it off the truck and up the driveway. There's no way my first plan to stuff it through the trunk hatch with the back seat down or lash it to the roof of my brother's Honda was going to work. I haven't unpacked it yet but just getting it here was an adventure.

I think I can put the smaller lift I just got on top of this one to hold the bike while I remove tires or do other stuff with the wheels off and I can have a picnic lunch up there when I want to take a break too.

It's huge. Run for the Brexits it's hu-u-u-u-ge! Huge.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfoot
    replied
    Damn, I wish I could as well. With SWMBO not having found a job yet, i just can't justify spending the money. But it would be real nice to have in the garage.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
    Now I just noticed a e-mail from Harbor Freight and the really nice $1300.00 bike lifts are on sale for $299.00 so now I'm off to go get another lift.

Yeah, I saw that too. Tempted to go get one but it would squeeze my wallet pretty tight right now after moving and trying to save up for this ride.

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    I'm not going to stress, Jeff, and you're right, I was hooped when I got to the Iron Horse. That is Prozac'ly why I checked flight schedules to see if they were available and if they went through the roof if you didn't reserve in advance because some double, triple or even quadruple the price the closer you get to the departure date. LAX to DEN was no problem but that could change when it actually gets to be July, I'll see what happens.

I have two engines and bikes to put together and the only good early-style head for Columbo came off my '79 Special: Bush. That leaves the Special sitting until I can find a head and since I can only ride one motorcycle at a time there's no hurry.

The engine and other work needs to be done one way or another. I had to order new piston wrist pin clips because mine are on their 4th or 5th install and I don't trust the ones from the other engines because they were rusty but the invoice says they won't ship until the 29th. I can expedite the shipping but the bottom line is that if the work gets done in time for the rally that's great! If it doesn't then I'll catch a plane or flap my arms or something.

Now I just noticed a e-mail from Harbor Freight and the really nice $1300.00 bike lifts are on sale for $299.00 so now I'm off to go get another lift.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Tough call ........

Getting Colombo restored and trip ready seems a lot of stress with short time window. Especially if you hit any snags. More stress that you don't need. This is for FUN.

That 200 $Samos to fly DEN with offer to have bike when you get there is amazingly generous and certainly would get you to the rally fresh and energized.

Likewise Mikes offer to have bike for ride with the Cali contingent. Awesome generous.

Tie breaker might be the "feel like" comment. Tis a long ride and hot. Unless you are All In for the ride it seems there are many advantages to fly DEN and be 100% for the rally.

I remember you arriving Stecoah NC after that cross country journey. A bit whipped as I recall after that adventure ride. But whatever bike you show up with we will all be glad to see you and glad you are riding with us again.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Tough call ........ WOOPS. Duplicate. Darn android got me

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-26-2016, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X