Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonz
    replied
    Send me your cell phone number and I can text you Saturday evening what time we decide to officially arrive at the restaurant on Sunday morning.

I rode down to Bishop's Castle yesterday and a loop through Westcliffe and back through Canon City then home to Palmer Lake for about 260 miles total with a couple of buddies from the ZRX owners forum.

I did breakfast at the Bull Moose Restaurant in Guffey a few weeks ago with another riding buddy of mine. We rode down on a Sunday morning and it was spectacular.

Leave a comment:

• skids
    replied
    My retirement party is Saturday and my daughter arranged it, so I think I need to be there in the Denver area then. I will head up to Florissant Saturday evening to spend the night to get a rested start.

I will meet you at the restaurant on Sunday Morning at 8:00 am and will meet-up with you there.

It is funny, I was just at Guffey today, as I took the XS11 there and back (to Florissant). The road from Guffey to Cripple Creek is a good ride. Maybe I will stop there and roll the bones (craps). Love that game.

I am excited. I haven't participated in an XS11 rally in years, although I have done quite a few

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Nice Skids. You wanna spend the night at the campground on Saturday (ride down Saturday morning from Arvada) to get the Bishops castle ride Saturday and the breakfast ride to start Sunday? See below...

Bishops Castle is the Saturday ride. Kickstands up at 8:45 am at the campground, nominally. We will be riding in two groups (23 or 24 bikes now! Awesome!). First wave leaves at 8:45am and the second group will follow 30 minutes later. No official breakfast but I am some sure guys will get together and head into Canon City to make it back by kickstands up.

The breakfast at Bullmoose restaurant in Guffey is the start of the ride on Sunday. We'll play it by ear on kickstands up time, breakfast goes from 8am-11am there, and it's a short half hour (28 miles) ride from the campground. From there we head over to Pikes Peak, or if any guys want to do Cripple Creek they can head over there after breakfast.

Lemme know!

Leave a comment:

• skids
    replied
    I want to meet up

I will not be doing the whole rally, but I would like to meet for breakfast and do a ride on the highway that passes Bishop's Castle. What day is that? where and when is breakfast?

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    I talked to Joe and booked a flight to Denver for the 13th, return is on the 20th so I have some time before and after the rally.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfoot
    replied
    Thanks Greg. I already have a sleeping bag and a small tent as well. Won't be hard to pack it along with me and give us both more room to sleep and stow our stuff.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    I have a tent I'll be bringing Harry, about 1/4 the size of the Brent's Castle. Wally World has some compact warm weather sleeping bags for about $30. Good to about 40ยบ. I got one and it fits easily into my back pack with my air mattress.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfoot
    replied
    I am planning on mounting some soft saddlebags for the trip. Waiting on some brackets to arrive. I like the bags but never liked how they hang when thrown over the seat. Other than that, need to get my brake light working. Had a short that fried both front and rear switches. Replaced the wire already, just need the switches that Greg is bringing up a date it should be good. First time ever camping off of the bike, so collecting gear for that.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Never had any luck with the Tour Master on the rear. Bought one set (F & R) and the rear needed to be replaced in 3K miles.

Put on a rebuilt set of XJ rear shocks this morning, the set I had on there was starting to leak.

Gonna put in a new set of plugs and hook the vacuum gauges up just to check later.

Other than that Ol' Okie just needs a good bath.

Headed up to KC next weekend to give Bigfoot a hand with his bikes.

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Getting the SG rally ready whether Scott borrows it or not... Needed/wanted to do this stuff anyway. ZRX is ready to go, so time for the SG.

In addition to the stainless lines I put on the SG last week, replaced the worn down rear Dunlop K491 Elite II today. I put over 10,000 miles on the tire myself and the PO said he had put some miles on it before I got the bike. Good mileage from a rear tire on a heavy bike. Decided on a Shinko 230 Tourmaster to match the front I replaced 2,200 miles ago. The front 230 doesn't seem to show any wear at this point.

Tried for a ride to check it out and scuff it in, but was thwarted by a wall of rain coming from the north after I got a few miles out of town. Turned around and stayed dry...

What bike stuff are you guys doing in preparation for the rally?

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Suh-weeeeeet!

Leave a comment:

• Bigfoot
    replied
    Looks like I am definitely going to be there as well. Looking forward to it

Leave a comment:

• Bonz
    replied
    Great to hear, Cbug! I am going to pay the remaining 50% balance on the campground tomorrow ($130). The cost is $7.50 per night/per guy with 14 bodies on the group site, so you can PayPal me the $22.50 and we'd be square.

Anyone else that has done a $15 deposit can paypal the remaining $7.50 and that is helpful.

For guys on the group site that haven't sent a deposit, you guys can PayPal the $22.50 and be squared up as well.

If some folks don't do PayPal, then get me at the rally.

PayPal: hbonser611@gmail.com

Just note your forum name and real name when you send it.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Bonz; 07-01-2016, 07:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CatatonicBug
    replied
    Ok, I am officially attending! Unless something crazy happens in the next 2 weeks, I'll be there with tcoop. Anything I need to do as far as payments and stuff beforehand?

Leave a comment:

• 3Phase
    replied
    No new motorcycle for me.

I have no idea what's going to happen with the rally. I ran the numbers and I can't buy a bike even though I have the money because it's not really my money.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X