No announcement yet.

2011 ColoRally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, how many are signed up with a better than 50-50 chance of coming to the Rally in Durango?

I sent in the campsite deposit to United Campground for me and CaptonZap, so we are a go.

Just interested to see what kind of numbers we have at this point.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I'll be there, along with my family, we got a hotel nearby...
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

have reservations

at a B&B in Durango for the missus and I since the a$& that runs United Campground would not let me rent an available RV space with electricity to pitch our tent. (paying full price mind you)

Due to holiday they want RVs in those spaces. Seems to me a paying customer is a paying customer. I needed the electricity.

So we will be visiting y'all in camp and at least not smelling like Howard

I know GaleB was planning to head up with me from Albuquerque (and his son too I believe) but he will pipe in since I don't know his final count.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Looked to be 17-19 riders intending to come so far. Also, if tenting, let them know your part of the XS/XJ bike group. The sooner reservations are made at the campground, the easier it will be for them to size the area needed for the tenting.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

wow - i didnt see that many responses

u must have been PM'd...

that sounds great - i was afraid there'd be like 4 of us

I got my new magnetic sign for the truck and a new banner ready (the sign is for the tailgate and looks like a dwarf rally banner so folks will know what i'm towing)

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

I'll be riding East with 3phase and a few others. 3phase and I will share a hotel room, but I'm not sure about the other riders. As they are all from SoCal, I'll let them chime in!
              And yes, I WILL pull a motorman/Jerry and ride the NEWER bike out. 1200cc twin, but it's a bike!
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Ray, GOOD choice ! Trust me, another ride out there and it would be on the same LD scoot! JW, if it was gonna be a no-show, was still gonna be a rally of one as I was gonna go anyways. Turn out looks to be bigger than expected with riders from Cally, Nevada, Texas, N.Mexico, Colo. and possibly from our northern borber,Revelstoke,BC.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Colorado Rally shirt sizes

OK we cant have a big event without shirts..

I will design and print a simple tee ($15) to bring (Black with white text like banner and a pic of an 1100 with durango rally july 2011). I want just enough and not too many - i am not asking for $ up front - you can pay when you show.

I am thinking of ordering the following:
                  Med - 2
                  Lg - 4
                  XL - 6
                  XXL - 6 (2 of which are me and the missus)

Thats 18 shirts - if you know you want a specific size reply here in next week or so before I place order and I will reserve it for you - you WILL get that size.

John

Comment

I'll need one of the XXL shirts!
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I wasn't trying to imply anything...

I really wasn't trying to imply anything by overloading the larger sizes in my estimates.. but most folks like roomy shirts rather than tight.... though some look good in tight shirts - me I'm not one of them

John

Comment

It depends on the brand of t-shirt but I'll take a large or an XL. I'm trying to lose some weight so I'll try for a large.
                        -- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

sizes

Scott I don't think wearing smaller clothes is an ideal weight loss plan...jus sayin!

Here is a size breakdown...

length width example model size shown (looked slightly baggy on model)

29.5 22 L (6' 185lbs 38.5" chest)

30.5 24 XL (6'3" 215lbs 43" chest)

31.5 26 2XL must be bigger than above

32.5 28 3XL

33.5 30 4XL

length
                          (shoulder seam at collar to bottom hem)width
                          (armhole to armhole across chest)

Comment

Bring me an XXL please!
                            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I'm guessing

I can sh*&can the idea of mediums altogether and just buy the larger sizes

Now some womenfolks might be coming that prefer not to swim in their tee shirts so I wont eliminate them just yet...

Anyone else going to lose weight need a Medium?

John

Comment

shirt

Thanks John for the order of Rally shirts, put me down for an XL, dark color is good- less show of dirt and stuff. See ya, Mike in Sun DIego
                                mike
                                1982 xj1100 maxim
                                1981 venture bagger
                                1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                                1959 wife

Comment

Working...
                                X