No announcement yet.

2011 ColoRally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great to have all you folk coming from all necks of the woods! Be safe, looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
      Bummer. I might be able to ride down to 29 Palms on the way back from the rally.
      If you show up before noon on the 5th i'll still be here...U can get a glimpse of the beast, and my Dragon...They'll be loaded last...
      Originally posted by planedick View Post
      Are you riding the XS to NY?
      No, I'm Moving, I have a Sierra and a 16' Trailer tow all my stuff back to NY with...My Bikes will be the last thing loaded because I'm hoping to go for at least one last ride before i take off on Tuesday...I would love to make a cross country trip though...and some day I WILL!...but right now i'm just driving my truck...without cruise control...Should be a BLAST!!...
      Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
      Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

• clovis

Made it to Clovis. About 220 more miles yet to a bed in Albuquerque...

Been a looong night at 55mph but holding at 15mpg to stay on budget

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• jwhughes3

How much extra gas money you need? Hell, I'd pitch in a few bucks if it saves you from 55mph across TX and NM!

Drive safe!
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• just buy a shirt then I'll have cash to get home

just kidding...

but I told myself this was vacation and I wasn't in a hurry!

I kept creeping up to 60. As long as my RPMs stay at or under 2000 in 5th my mileage should stay at 15. Usually I get 12-13 because I have a lead foot

Took a nap in ABQ and feel better.

john

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

• So what rig are you driving? Powerstroke, Cummins, etc?
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• i wish it were diesel...

Its an old 2003 Chevy 2500HD with the 6.0L + 5-speed pick-a-gearbox. Lisa likes road trips in the truck due to room to spread out stuff, charge anything and everything and have cooler inside. I have to say I have driven cross country several times in it and except for poor mpg its my favorite too.

I've switched to K&N and full synthetics at birth, used B-G 44K, drilled out the airbox, run Michelin tires at 48psi and cruise control at 55-60mph (no AC or cycled it when really hot) and still have trouble getting over 15mpg.

I'd say she's due for new plugs and coils likely. I bought some 25k miles ago at 50k but never got a round tuit. Can't say its gone down from new since I've logged every fillup - at least she's consistent - trailering or not.

Can't wait till tomorrow guys!

Howard we'll see you there!

John

Comment

• Yeah, see you there!
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                    Its an old 2003 Chevy 2500HD with the 6.0L + 5-speed pick-a-gearbox. Lisa likes road trips in the truck due to room to spread out stuff, charge anything and everything and have cooler inside. I have to say I have driven cross country several times in it and except for poor mpg its my favorite too.

I've switched to K&N and full synthetics at birth, used B-G 44K, drilled out the airbox, run Michelin tires at 48psi and cruise control at 55-60mph (no AC or cycled it when really hot) and still have trouble getting over 15mpg.

I'd say she's due for new plugs and coils likely. I bought some 25k miles ago at 50k but never got a round tuit. Can't say its gone down from new since I've logged every fillup - at least she's consistent - trailering or not.

Can't wait till tomorrow guys!

Howard we'll see you there!

John
                    I'll trade you for my 4.3L Sierra 1500...I can't believe you get that good of gas mileage...I only get 10-11 MPG when towing...but i get about 19-21 MPG when i'm not towing anything on the highway...and 17MPG in town...

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

• the 6.0L engine

was a workhorse designed for work - it has never gone below 12 or above about 16 - It is a heavy crewcab truck and I keep the toolbox full of stuff - and my customized front bumper weighs a friggin ton - love the protection but doesn't help the economy. Pulls well though. 12,000# towing - 300hp/360torque and 5 speed with granny 1st. I put a locking rear diff in it since its a 4x2 - if it was 4x4 it might only get 10mpg.

its OK - I don't drive it daily anymore - its for trips and when i need to tow or haul so it does its job well - I have already decided I won't part with it for some newer model - I will just keep it as long as I can... I give it regular synthetics, rotate tires often, kinda baby it like Great Ranger

Great Ranger doesn't get good mpg either - 25 - so I am doomed to spend $ on gas.

John

Comment

was a workhorse designed for work - it has never gone below 12 or above about 16 - It is a heavy crewcab truck and I keep the toolbox full of stuff - and my customized front bumper weighs a friggin ton - love the protection but doesn't help the economy. Pulls well though. 12,000# towing - 300hp/360torque and 5 speed with granny 1st. I put a locking rear diff in it since its a 4x2 - if it was 4x4 it might only get 10mpg.

its OK - I don't drive it daily anymore - its for trips and when i need to tow or haul so it does its job well - I have already decided I won't part with it for some newer model - I will just keep it as long as I can... I give it regular synthetics, rotate tires often, kinda baby it like Great Ranger

Great Ranger doesn't get good mpg either - 25 - so I am doomed to spend $ on gas.

John
                        My truck does the job...I can haul 10K lbs and thats good enough for me...I just installed 1500lb leaf spring helpers and 1500lb springs to add a grand total of 3000lbs extra for my rear suspension...I decided that because generally when I am towing, I'm pulling around 10K that it would be best to add them I think this will help my fuel economy as well as just make it easier to tow when I dont completely balance the trailer...And this Time I know it wont be because I'll have all my furniture in the front of the trailer, the bikes in the back of the trailer and then my quad and tool box in the back of the truck...I figure since the hitch is rated for 10k and the receiver is set for 9k and the tongue weight of the hitch is set for 900lbs that it shouldn't be too much of an issue having the larger amount of weight in the front of the trailer...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

• load equalizer hitch

nate - you should check into adding load equalizer bars if you are towing 10k# - anything over the weight of the truck it helps...now I dont use that on my tiny MC trailer but for the BIG stuff it helps keep the trailer from driving you.

those helper springs will really help - good idea - i used them on my old f250 and sag was never an issue. (I wonder how many SWMBOs can say the same??)

good luck on your adventure!

john

Comment

• made it to Durango!!

Now where is everybody?

Comment

nate - you should check into adding load equalizer bars if you are towing 10k# - anything over the weight of the truck it helps...now I dont use that on my tiny MC trailer but for the BIG stuff it helps keep the trailer from driving you.

those helper springs will really help - good idea - i used them on my old f250 and sag was never an issue. (I wonder how many SWMBOs can say the same??)

good luck on your adventure!

john
                              As long as my trailer is level I should be ok...I was thinking about adding one of those friction stabalizers though...to help with vehicles passing me...IDK we'll see...I use a break controller and I wont be driving super fast...so I should be ok as long as on the down hill I can keep my speed down...with the tools and the quad in the back of the truck the added 1000lbs that the truck will have should help a lot! I'm curious how the mileage is going to be on my way back...hopefully there will be a west to east wind ...and maybe i can draft one of those giant Gators I was reading about...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Now where is everybody?

I'm at work still! oh and about that SWMBO comment...I think thats what the underwire is for...or something like that...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Working...
                                X