No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott..so sorry to hear of this continuing saga..bet youre fed up with Hardleys by now..Take care and safe journey home
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Mechanical breakdown coverage
      Rental reimbursement
      Markel American

scott I think you would make out on this
      80 xs1100G

Comment

• Well y'all, Scott made it to my place on his HD yesterday afternoon for overnite stay. He and bike ae doing well. Early this morning, he was headed for Mesquite for overnite and is on his way home......Yay!. Now THAT boy has definitely covered the miles!
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Thanks Brant for the update on Scott...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• You can catch up with him at the next Hardley dealer.

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• IH room availability notice for next year

Not sure where to post this.

I am about to send an email to Iron Horse giving up the Deluxe Lodge Room for next year. Sally and I have been very comfortable in it the past couple of years.
              We have bigger plans for next summer which will be a bit costly, so we will have to skip the rally next year.
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Might have a Taker

Marty:

Nick and I love the location of Room 2 in the Lodge, but Nick had to sleep on the floor. We are on a waiting list for a private room with 2 beds.

Does the Deluxe Lodge Room have two beds?

Is it the room in the back, by the creek, toward the office side?
                -Mike
                _________
                '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
                  Not sure where to post this.

I am about to send an email to Iron Horse giving up the Deluxe Lodge Room for next year. Sally and I have been very comfortable in it the past couple of years.
                  We have bigger plans for next summer which will be a bit costly, so we will have to skip the rally next year.
                  Marty,

Your 'first right of refusal' on that room expires today. So Do Nothing is ok too. Since you (or any attendee for that fact) didn't claim the same room for 2019 then tomorrow, Nov 1st it is first come - first serve. Anybody in the Vintage Yamaha Group or XSSE can now reserve whatever is available.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
                    Marty:

Nick and I love the location of Room 2 in the Lodge, but Nick had to sleep on the floor. We are on a waiting list for a private room with 2 beds.

Just one king bed. There is enough room to park your bike in the closet, two sinks, big bed room. Really nice room, but for a couple.

As you face the office, the building to your left, end of the porch at the back.
                    Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
                      Marty:

Hi Mike,
                      With 10 months notice I am sure they can put two beds in there
                      just ask and reserve.
                      Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Thanks Marty

Nick and I put in our request for 2 beds/private before we left this year.

We're did have some hesitation because we LOVE the location of Room 2.
                        -Mike
                        _________
                        '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                        '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                        '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                        '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                        '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                        '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                        '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• Safe!

I made it home with a little over 18K on the clock so I rode for over 10,000 miles on this trip and I'm really, REALLY glad to be back.

I was putting on my glove after filling the tank and got run over in a gas station in West Des Moines, Iowa, by a woman that backed out of her parking spot without looking in her mirror. I got sent flying off my bike and was laying on the ground, staring at the sky while trying to figure out what happened as people were running over asking if I was alright. I was alright, mostly, but very confused.

There was a cop that saw the whole thing and he called another unit to make a report with our license, insurance, and registration information.
                          -- Scott
                          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                          1979 XS1100F: parts
                          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Call it a wrap on VYR 2018

Scott,

GLAD to hear you are back home. 10K run is a pretty darn good ride.
                            Guess now we can officially call 2018 VYR over/ fini / complete since you were the last one still traveling homeward bound.

That extra bonus drama in Des Moines didn't sound like much fun. Imagine it is good to get back to all your stuff. Stuff is good.
                            You proved there are other ways to "See the USA" besides doing it in a Chevy.

Jeff
                            Last edited by JeffH; 11-01-2018, 06:02 PM.
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Thanks, Jeff!

I would just as soon not do this again so I'm going to get Columbo put back together for next year.

I spent about thirty days in hotels and motels while Harley fixed my new bike. I'll get reimbursed for some of it because I bought the Extended Service plan -- and they finally managed to find it -- but I had to shell out for everything while I was on the road. Now that I'm home I have to find and sort through all of the receipts, then send them off to the contract service center so they can approve/reject/laugh at them before I get my money back.

I got to spend over a week in Milwaukee in a hotel watching the entire Dodgers/Brewers playoff series while they fixed the bike. The repair was done under warranty so it didn't cost me a dime and it was fun being the only guy in the bar from California.
                              -- Scott
                              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                              1979 XS1100F: parts
                              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                              X