No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In all the years I have attended this rally..I have never seen this many vintage Yamahas..This has to be a record for the most Vintage Yamahas ever seen at one gathering. You all are to be congratulated on the fine work you all have done to make this rally a rousing success.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
      In all the years I have attended this rally..I have never seen this many vintage Yamahas..This has to be a record for the most Vintage Yamahas ever seen at one gathering. You all are to be congratulated on the fine work you all have done to make this rally a rousing success.
      Not only lots of vintage bikes, but also some of the cleanest I've seen.

Getting tough to find a parking spot. This keeps up we'll need a Walmart parking lot.....
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Thank you, Kurt, for posting the pictures and working to get most of the cats herded!

It's been a good weekend and maybe I'll get to go riding instead of going to the Harley dealership.
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
          Not only lots of vintage bikes, but also some of the cleanest I've seen.

Getting tough to find a parking spot. This keeps up we'll need a Walmart parking lot.....
          Ha! The closest Wally World is in Waynesville...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• The weekend was good and I had a blast seeing everyone again along with some new faces and bikes. For now I'm kicking back in Asheville having lunch at the Village Grill while the hotel finishes prepping my room.

The dealership opens tomorrow and I'm going to be here until Thursday while they troubleshoot and (hopefully) fix the starter.

I should have ridden my XJ or just put Columbo back together.
            -- Scott
            _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Home..safe and sound..335 miles in 5 hours and 15 mins...This was the best rally to date..
              It was great to see all our friends and meet the new folks as well..
              A huge heartfelt THANK YOU to Jeff..Marty..Kurt and Nancy...Mike P. ..Mike A......Brent and Paul..You all rock!!
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• THANKS . . . . . . . .
                yes, it sure was a GREAT RALLY from the feedback we got from everyone

Out front of the Iron Horse during Campfire Time - All the Yamaha's resting up for the Monday trip home

> What a fantastic collection of Vintage Yamaha Motorcycles
                > Glad to see such interest and great turn out
                > I counted 80 people at the Awards deal on Saturday evening
                > Vintage Yamahas everywhere, awesome sights & sounds

Bike Show was great too. Fun to see such a variety of vintage machines. Think Tony said there were 90 some votes for the People's Choice categories.

Iron Horse has our Rally booked for Sept 28, 29 & 30 next year 2019

Jeff

btw: for those that missed the announcement, anyone that had a room / cabin etc. this at this years Rally has first right of refusal and 30 days to book for 2019, otherwise the room / cabin is opened up to be booked by any Vintage Yamaha Rally attendee. We had a sell out crowd this year, so if you want the same room next year book now (or by Oct 31). Beginning November 1st Iron Horse will take booking from any interested Vintage Yamaha Rally attendee for 2019.
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• My apologies...Thanks to Tony as well for the bike show..
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                    A huge heartfelt THANK YOU to Jeff..Marty..Kurt and Nancy...Mike P. ..Mike A......Brent and Paul..You all rock!!:cool
                    Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                    My apologies...Thanks to Tony as well for the bike show..
                    AND John C
                    thanks to John too ………….

So its: Kurt & Nancy, Marty, Mike P, Mike A, Paul, John C, Brent, Tony and me

Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Sitting in a hotel room in Boonesville, Ms.

Just my luck I book a room in a dry county in bum#uck Mississippi. Had to ride across 2 counties to get a beer after I checked in.

Got-er-done and all is right with the world now.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• got home late last night. 12:30 am bike runs great.
                        80 xs1100G

Comment

• Glad you're home safe earl...
                          heres a link to my pics..click on "oldest" first for correct order
                          i still have some video clips but you can see those on my FB page...
                          https://ibb.co/album/cQYgLa
                          Last edited by madmax-im; 10-02-2018, 10:56 AM.
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• another great rally. good weather,roads,food,drinks and the people.
                            a nice bike show, no xs11 Curtis.
                            big thanks to all that make this happen.
                            to the contributors for great prizes.
                            and to have brent back to mc.
                            even some guy selling xs11 parts. scored me a nice seat.
                            room booked for next year.
                            80 xs1100G

Comment

• Quick update: There's nothing wrong with my Harley.

The starter was dragging and causing problems because some dipstick "mechanic" turned off the ACR (Automatic Compression Release) system. Asheville Harley turned it back on and charged me $100 for shop time because it wasn't a warranty issue, it was a "You are an idiot!" issue.

I'll be having a talk with the folks in Salt Lake City that worked on it last but I get to continue my ride instead of spending time in a hotel and renting a car.
                              -- Scott
                              _____

Comment

• Got home today a little while ago.

Good to be back in the barn.

Bike ran flawlessly except to overheat at some construction backup just east of Russelville, Ar.
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X