XS Southeast 2017 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
    If you have a reservation at the Iron Horse, they will contact you so you can make menu choices. If you don't have a reservation, you must contact the Iron Horse and order your meals. Do it in the middle of the week.
    Oy! No contact yet. The next "middle of the week" is the day before we head down there!
    Last edited by MartyA; 09-15-2017, 07:17 AM.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
      Oy! No contact yet. The next "middle of the week" is the day before we head down there!
      I still don't have the tee shirts because the folks printing them still don't have electricity. I've not contacted The Iron Horse, but they may be similarly plagued.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

• From Iron Horse, at my request:

"XS menus will be sent out to your email sometime Sunday or Monday."
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Thanks Marty,
          That all makes sense.
          While it is a little unusual to plan all your meals in advance having done it a few times I like it.
          Certainly makes it easier for the Grand Chef to look after us all in a timely manner.
          Leave room for dessert
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
            From Iron Horse, at my request:

"XS menus will be sent out to your email sometime Sunday or Monday."
            Hey MartyA,

Can we rely on you(Or TechMech Marty) to post the menu on HERE, perhaps with the Iron Horse PH# so that those of us in transit/NOT staying at the IH can contact them and place our orders in time to be served??

T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
              1755 Lower Stecoah Road
              Robbinsvile, NC 28771
              Tele: 828-479-3864
              info@ironhorsenc.com
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
                1755 Lower Stecoah Road
                Robbinsvile, NC 28771
                Tele: 828-479-3864
                info@ironhorsenc.com
                Now THAT bout covers it Marty.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• The '40....

I've almost waited too long but I can't get a new windshield.

The road will be rolling under the wheels in a few minutes and (shudder) I'm taking I-40 again to North Carolina.

Yeeeeee-ha-ha-ha-haa!
                  -- Scott
                  _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• I-40?
                    That's no Fun.

Buzz the 40 east a bit then get off the I. Over to Show Low then US60 East to Clovis. Then over to Lubbock and take US82. More interesting. Texarkana go up to Hope and finish up on US278 across Arkansas. Sure make the trip more interesting. Just Be Safe & watch for the goofballs. Finish up on US64 across southern Tennessee to the rally. Yes, I-40 East easy to Find & Remember but a little dull with the traffic and trucks.

I'm back maybe Oct 6 so I'll likely won't see ya this trip.

Have a great Yeeeeee-ha-ha-ha-haa! moment. I sure enjoyed the heck out of my 6K journey in July.

Jeff
                    Last edited by JeffH; 09-16-2017, 11:07 AM.
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                      I've almost waited too long but I can't get a new windshield.

The road will be rolling under the wheels in a few minutes and (shudder) I'm taking I-40 again to North Carolina.

Yeeeeee-ha-ha-ha-haa!
                      We came back to OK through Alabama a few years ago. Pretty nice ride and a lot less traffic.

Cut southeast from Memphis and hit Alabama then you can approach Stecoah from the south. Don't recall the highway designations, you'll have to look it up but we passed through Birmingham and Tupelo, Ms.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                        We came back to OK through Alabama a few years ago. Pretty nice ride and a lot less traffic.

Cut southeast from Memphis and hit Alabama then you can approach Stecoah from the south. Don't recall the highway designations, you'll have to look it up but we passed through Birmingham and Tupelo, Ms.
                        Just finished lunch in Barstow. Ahh!

I have rooms reserved until Memphis so I have to stick (mostly) to 40, then I can look around. I'm not going home after the rally for a while so I can do some sightseeing and visiting,
                        -- Scott
                        _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Sounds like the ride is going good for you so far Scott! Be safe and have fun buddy!.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• It's been fun so far! Made it to Flagstaff and so far, everything's just ducky.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

Comment

• Hey Scott - Maybe the Iron Horse would take delivery of a new windshield if you had it shipped to them so you'd have it for the balance of your trip? Then we could all watch you strip your bike down to inspect that pesky #2 rod bearing before you installed the new windshield (starts softly, then grows louder...Scott, Scott, Scott)! Ride on Brother!!
                              Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                                It's been fun so far! Made it to Flagstaff and so far, everything's just ducky.
                                We like ducky !

500 down and 1,800 to go. I like your ride plan so you are not "doing the Dragon" at midnight like your first time coming in. Scary monsters out there after dark.

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X